T Nation

I Want You to Survive

I DO NOT want to live surrounded by paupers and beggars. Do this!!

"The gold & silver prices have broken out to new highs. Tremendous heights will be achieved. We will see $2000 gold, then later $3000 gold. We will see $40 silver, then later $70 silver. It is pre-ordained. It is written. It will be done. Nothing is fixed nor will be fixed. Much money has been wasted, and more will be wasted. Each round of economic stimulus pushes the gold & silver price higher. Each round of big bank bond redemption pushes the gold & silver price higher. Each round of sanctioned official debt monetization pushes the gold & silver price higher. Each round of inaction from political delay or stalemate pushes the gold & silver price higher. The only lack of satisfaction from the leaps higher in precious metal prices comes from knowing that the world as we know it will change, as the landscape shows evidence of economic scars. Supply chain disruption, price inflation, lost financial security, social unrest, and growing chaos will make it difficult to enjoy the strong purchasing power from a high gold & silver price from personal holdings in investment. But the alternative is so much worse than not holding them in investment. Gold & silver are a vote of no confidence in the paper system. Gold & silver are vast life boats during a tsunami. Gold & silver are a stake in the future."

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article22733.html

1.) Go to Market Oracle and look at articles that are a year old, or hell, even a month old.

2.) Compare the predictions to what actually happened.

3.) Laugh out loud.

4.) TAKE A STEP BACK FROM THE DESK AND PUNCH YOURSELF IN THE FACE.

5.) Profit?

I don't follow conspiracy theorists' advice on anything, but I most certainly don't on finance.

Moonbattery is no way to build wealth.

Well, if and when the shat hits the fan, at least you will have some shiny pieces of metal to look at.

Buy moar gold!!11!!

Some minimal gold and silver coins might be in order to bribe guards to let you in a country one day. Not a lot. Even better, buy your wife silver flatware and some gold candlesticks. At least you can use them while you wait for the apocalypse.

If you are really into investing in metal, I suggest canned goods and shotguns, because if it ever gets THAT bad, food and weaponry would be much more valuable than gold and silver.

Either you all have to be taxed to oblivion to pay the 14 trillion dollar debt, or the government has to print the money. The last of these is way more likely; onerous taxes lose votes.

How simple can it get, guys? 2 + 2 = 4.

Come up with 14 trillion. Tax it or print it. I'll bet on the printing press.

As an aside, does anyone seriously think that new tax money would be used to pay down debt? Our government will just spend it as fast as it gets it, plus more.

No conspiracy theory, just math. Jeezs how simple can it get?

I am stockpiling protein by the 10 lb bag! When the SHTF Im gonna go on the Velocity Diet for life and spend pieces of silver on prostitutes!

Your precious "market oracle" clown keeps talking about the "war machine" and how Greenspan intentionally inflated the bubble for his own gain (and then ducked out right before the crash). Get better information.

The math is there - but corporate assets have tended to track inflation (and absorb it). Go ahead and buy up your gold and metals while you can. We need more conspiracy nuts to take their money out of the market so I can buy stocks cheaper.

in what sense do you mean corporate assets absorb inflation?

As for people taking their money out of the market, you will be happy to read this:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/20th-consecutive-week-outflows

Answer C.) Ignore deficit and continue growing?

Ignoring, check. Growing, well...

GDP is on a steep downward trjectory and tax recipts are already in the toilet last I read (tho I havent checked recently, but that was when GDP growth was higher so...).

There is going to be a time to pay the piper one way or another. They have put it off well so far, but recently Fed liquidity injections have stopped juicing stocks up like they used to and started leaking into precious metals. Makes me worry Im not as crazy as I thought.

X2.....so simple to understand

If you think theres a 1% chance of the shit hitting the fan, invest 1% of your money in gold...If you think theres a 100% chance, invest 95% in gold and the rest in guns

I understand guns are atleast as important as having gold. But, just think about what would really happen. Probably some shit with china owning the U.S. or something like that. Gold WOULD be worth something in that scenario. If you have money, you might aswell have gold. Or maybe you are flat broke and roll with an HK all say, that works too.

how people can not see the clear downward spiral of the dollar at this point is amazing. The market is picking its next currency, Gold and Silver. Remember roughly ever 30-40 years we get a new monetary system, we are on what year 39 of ours right now?

Honestly I don't think its that people don't see how the dollar could decline rapidly. I think its more than they do not believe HH, and you to a lesser extent, are reasonable people with the expertise to be making the claims you make with absolute certainty.

Neither of you seem to be very objective.

The big question is why the two of you seem to need other people to validate your opinions.

Honestly I don't think its that people don't see how the dollar could decline rapidly. I think its more than they do not believe HH, and you to a lesser extent, are reasonable people with the expertise to be making the claims you make with absolute certainty.

Neither of you seem to be very objective.

The big question is why the two of you seem to need other people to validate your opinions.

I dont need people to validate what I am saying, just joining in on the discussion. The markets seem to be validating my position.

John S... I'm assuming your pro Ron Paul. You also against the fed reserve? That and other central banks are the real issue. Why do you guys think they pushed for a 800 billion dollar bailout. That's a lota fucking interest my friends. This has been done forever. Let's destroy the fed and quit arguing over the minute points.

From David Rosenberg:

INVESTMENT STRATEGY IN A DEFLATIONARY ENVIRONMENT
1.Focus on safe yield: High-quality corporates (non-cyclical, high cash reserves, minimal refinancing needs). Corporate balance sheets are in very good shape.

2.Equities: focus on reliable dividend growth/yield; preferred shares (â??incomeâ?? orientation). Starbucks just caught on to the importance of paying out a dividend.

3.Whether it be credit or equities, focus on companies with low debt/equity ratios and high liquid asset ratios â?? balance sheet quality is even more important than usual. Avoid highly leveraged companies.

4.Even hard assets that provide an income stream work well in a deflationary environment (ie, oil and gas royalties, REITs, etcâ?¦).

5.Focus on sectors or companies with these micro characteristics: low fixed costs, high variable cost, high barriers to entry/some sort of oligopolistic features, a relatively high level of demand inelasticity (utilities, staples, health care â?? these sectors are also unloved and under owned by institutional portfolio managers).

6.Alternative assets: allocate significant portion of asset mix to strategies that are not reliant on rising equity markets and where volatility can be used to advantage.

7.Precious metals: A hedge against the reflationary policies aimed at defusing deflationary risks â?? money printing, rolling currency depreciations, heightened

For those who don't know he is claiming we are in deflation.

How will the 14 trillion dollar debt be paid? What happens when the interest on debt exceeds tax revenues?

Gov't will have to tap into capital (consuming the 'seed corn' so to speak) or default on the debt.

Buy gold or (preferably) silver.

Think of it as buying insurance then. I'm simply saying to buy insurance. 'kay??

I like other people (most anyway) and like to see others prosper. If you can do it outguessing the Fed and facing trillions in confirmed debt (and way more in unfunded liabilities), that's fine and accomplishes the thread title.