I Want To Win

Please allow myself to introduce myself…sorry for the lame joke, but for some reason I was thinking about Austin powers.

I’m a long time reader but first time poster. My stats are:
Height: 5’9"
Weight: 163 lbs.
BF%: Idk, but fairly lean

BP max: Idk, but I can bench my body weight (160 lbs.) X 19 times. The 1RM chart says I can bench 303 lbs, but if I try to bench that I’ll have to pay an early visit to Mr. Jesus.

Squat: Zero lbs. Yes, I can’s squat because I have a problem with my groin, so if I want to squat the Dr. might have to take one of my boys out (btw one of my balls didn’t drop when I was a baby, so the Dr had to retrieve it).
So, any movements like squat, lunges, or leg presses are beyond my reach. Therefore, for legs I do interval runs with a weighted vest.

I’m currently attending a junior college, and the wellness center holds a competition every summer called “pump paddle and run”.
Where, I have to bench my BW as many time as I can, and for each rep I get 6 secs off my accumulated time for the run and swim.
For the paddle, I have to swim 75 meters against the clock.
The run is 300 yards divided into 10 intervals of 10 yards between 2 cones.
Each contestant gets time on the run and swim, but gets 6 secs off the general time for each rep made on the BP.

I really want to place in the top 3. I’m graduating this year, and I want my name and face to be in a poster placed at the entrance of the gym (I know its lame, but I want it). In part because I had a terrible break up with a girl last Dec, and I want her to see my face there everyday for a whole year. I will elaborate about that soon on a post.

I’m wondering how I could train to be able to BP my weight about 30 times? I have about 3.5 months to train.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, and train (shoulders, neck, traps, triceps, and biceps) on day Mon. For Wed I do interval runs + abs. For Friday (I do chest, shoulders, triceps, and traps). If you guys want I could elaborate more on how a typical workout looks like, but I don’t wanna make this post look like a 50 page book. Thanks for taking the time to read, and please help me.

you could just get stronger by any strength training program

and have maybe 1 day a week where you rep out with 165 or more like 175 and then 165 will be easier

you could do 6 x 5 with 165 and take 5 seconds off your rest periods every workout sooner or later you will be at 30 reps straight

when you weigh in you could diet down by sweting and not drinking down to 155 and do even more than 30 reps

there are lots of ways

For your bench training: Put a little more than your bodyweight on the bar, and do bench ladders twice a week. If you don’t know what ladders are, look it up (Pavel Tsatsouline talks about them a lot). Periodize it like this:

session 1 - 3 ladders
session 2 - 4 ladders
session 3 - 5 ladders
session 4 - 4 ladders
session 5 - 5 ladeers
session 6 - 6 ladders…

then 5,6,7, etc…

take it easy on the rest of your weight training and focus on the other two events. I have no idea how you should train for those.

Good luck.

[quote]Mr.International wrote:
Please allow myself to introduce myself…sorry for the lame joke, but for some reason I was thinking about Austin powers.

I’m a long time reader but first time poster. My stats are:
Height: 5’9"
Weight: 163 lbs.
BF%: Idk, but fairly lean

BP max: Idk, but I can bench my body weight (160 lbs.) X 19 times. The 1RM chart says I can bench 303 lbs, but if I try to bench that I’ll have to pay an early visit to Mr. Jesus.

Squat: Zero lbs. Yes, I can’s squat because I have a problem with my groin, so if I want to squat the Dr. might have to take one of my boys out (btw one of my balls didn’t drop when I was a baby, so the Dr had to retrieve it).
So, any movements like squat, lunges, or leg presses are beyond my reach. Therefore, for legs I do interval runs with a weighted vest.

I’m currently attending a junior college, and the wellness center holds a competition every summer called “pump paddle and run”.
Where, I have to bench my BW as many time as I can, and for each rep I get 6 secs off my accumulated time for the run and swim.
For the paddle, I have to swim 75 meters against the clock.
The run is 300 yards divided into 10 intervals of 10 yards between 2 cones.
Each contestant gets time on the run and swim, but gets 6 secs off the general time for each rep made on the BP.

I really want to place in the top 3. I’m graduating this year, and I want my name and face to be in a poster placed at the entrance of the gym (I know its lame, but I want it). In part because I had a terrible break up with a girl last Dec, and I want her to see my face there everyday for a whole year. I will elaborate about that soon on a post.

I’m wondering how I could train to be able to BP my weight about 30 times? I have about 3.5 months to train.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, and train (shoulders, neck, traps, triceps, and biceps) on day Mon. For Wed I do interval runs + abs. For Friday (I do chest, shoulders, triceps, and traps). If you guys want I could elaborate more on how a typical workout looks like, but I don’t wanna make this post look like a 50 page book. Thanks for taking the time to read, and please help me.[/quote]

Well if you just want to work out for that then take like two months for a general strength program, then for the last month and a half work on your endurance by practicing toward your event and focusing on benching just with your body weight. You could even take longer like just work on benching your weight for like half a month.

Nothing to add, but just wanted to wish you good luck. Train hard and do your best!

Just wanted to say that its good to see somebody posting with a goal in mind. Best of luck, i would say just keep your diet clean, and follow a good strength program, which is nothing more then anybody else on here as said.

Hope she has to see that poster everyday btw.

–JB

Maybe you could do one ME bench day, and one RE bench day (with your BW or 5-10lbs extra).

Then for the other days you can work on the other events.

Don’t forget your back.

It may not seem relevant, but if you are pushing alot and not training your back(pulling motions), you are asking for a serious hurting.

Are you doing any types of rows or pullups?

Good luck man! I’m really rooting for you. Train your ass off and you can do it. Show that woman who is boss!

Thanks a lot guys for the support, I really appreciate it… I’m going thru some dark moments right now.

I will train balls to the wall, and I will keep you all posted with any new info on the subject.