I Want to Join the Military

I’d figure this would be good to post in the War Room forum, but was denied access. So not sure where else to post it.

Im 21, have 2 1/2 years of chicago city college under my belt and just finished a semester. I want to continue my education at the university level and get an exercise science degree. So I’ve decided that joining the military would be a great option to choose in helping me achieve that. I’ve been familiarizing myself with the military lifestyle mostly from about.com. My dad is a Marine Corps Gunny and still serving, suggested to me that one of the national guards(he proposes Air National Guard in specific) would be good for me, being I want to continue school. He also prefer that I go for ROTC training when at school, hence become an officer. A big concern for me is that in being an officer, Im sure that I will be required to carry more responsibilities, which will consume more of my time, but most importantly if Im positioned in a job for something I dont like, then I imagine it would be so fucking agonizing working, whereas It would be less stressful being an enlisted personnel, with less shit expected of me. This may come off as a bit distasteful/lazy to readers, but Im just trying to be dedicated to the truth. If I’m Doing something I like, its going to be difficult for someone else to work harder than me in that profession, I hate to half-ass things, I want to give it my all by working on something I like and grow from the experience considerably because of my positive/determined attitude I carried throughout the work to learn more and more. The joint exercise division caught my interest on the national guard website: http://www.ng.mil/jointstaff/j7/dte/default.aspx

If anyone has experience with the joint exercise division or knows a little bit about, it would be awesome if you could fill me in how the job is.
Overall, I’d greatly appreciate viewpoints on this entire topic.

Much Thanks, Vince