I Want to Go to a Real Gym

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:
It’s terrible when I don’t have my ipod. It’s funny how I can get to the gym and no one is doing anything on the squat rack I’ll finish my warm up and stop to double check the workout for the day and some dude will come up and start doing shrugs in the rack. Usually about 30 seconds separates me from having THE rack or not.[/quote]

I just start my warm up in the rack… Solves that problem.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
This song gets played at my dark, chrome-infested spotlit gym that looks like a nightclub at 4AM…JUST LISTEN TO ONE MINUTE OF IT FOR ME and share my pain.

[/quote]

You have my sympathy.[/quote]

Thanks for even listening to that. Did you get to the part where the gay guy that sounds like a fat woman starts just listing off fashion designers? FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

workout for the day[/quote]

???

Maybe he just outed himself as a Crossfitter!

[quote]biglifter wrote:
You’re just selfish. Kids get raped everyday at Penn State, and you’re worried about bad music where you lift.[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

[quote]alexus wrote:
maybe this is more of a girl than a guy thing, or maybe not…

someone once expressed despondency about their squat.
i said ‘well, if it is any consolation you squat a hell of a lot more than me’.
they said that the only person who could make them feel better about their squat was them.

i don’t actually care what weights anybody else is lifting. mostly i don’t even notice. when someone hits a PR for them that is worth celebrating. when you know how hard someone has worked for their PR (e.g., because they are well and truly over their beginners gains) it isn’t worth celebrating more because the load they are lifting is more - it is worth celebrating more because of the amount of work they have put into it.

who cares if you are the strongest person at your gym. that is what t nation is for. to remind us how pathetically weak we all are. hell, I’m the ONLY chick i see Oly Lifting in my gym so I win by default. the other day some dude was like ‘are you going to compete in the upcoming comp?’ and when i said ‘yes’ he was like ‘well i guess you will win since you will probably be the only girl’. he seemed surprised when i said i’d be happy if i did better than i did in the last comp i competed in.

your opponent is you. are you getting better or aren’t you? man up.

(though to be fair i will take a certain satisfaction in kicking his ass one day by sinclair)[/quote]

X2. Good post Alexus.

Bro,quit complaining about the gym you’re at. Build a home gym, get a new gym, or STFU and put in work. Maybe try going at different times or find a like-minded person who lives close to help you out a little. I use my iPod to get myself focused and to distract me from all the craziness going on around me. I lift in a gym at a deployed location and half of the people are in there doing retarded “group” workouts led by someone who reads a few issues of FLEX and thinks they are a certified SC coach now or people in there doing BB splits from 1992 with the matching work boots and fanny packs on. I just go in there, claim my rack as soon as I can get the US Army Rack Curling team out of the way and go to work.

Always remember: Rule #76, No excuses. Play like a champion.

(not a knock on the Army, they just have a big group of rack curlers here for some reason) [/quote]

Got some reading material out to you today. Hopefully that will help.

[quote] Nards wrote:
This song gets played at my dark, chrome-infested spotlit gym that looks like a nightclub at 4AM…JUST LISTEN TO ONE MINUTE OF IT FOR ME and share my pain.

fashionista - jimmy james - plus lyrics - YouTube [/quote]

wow that is the most craptacular peice of crap someone ever shat onto youtube.

OP sounds like he has been lifting for a very short period of time. These are gripes I usually do not hear from advanced/experienced lifters.

As it’s been said, shut up and train. You either get it done or you don’t.

If a guy makes reference to the city of Milan, it’s a pretty safe bet that he’s gay.

[quote]Nards wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:

[quote] Nards wrote:

fashionista - jimmy james - plus lyrics - YouTube [/quote]

wow that is the most craptacular peice of crap someone ever shat onto youtube.[/quote]

You deserve a prize for your phrasing.

I go to a foo foo gym. The kind where all anybody works is bis and tris and on the rare occasion they do squats is isolation version for the quads in the smith machine (the one where the legs are far out in front of the body and the back is straight). I want to get as powerful as possible in the next few years since they are supposed to be the physical prime years.

I feel like I’m wasting my time at the gym I go to. The music sucks. I probably have the highest squat and deadlift in the whole place because nobody tries or is a better lifter in these areas than I am. The music sucks too. It makes me want to blow my head off every time I’m there.

They only have one squat rack(the 2nd rack was traded for some kind of upright rowing machine that uses a barbell and has a hinge attached to the floor) and some douchebag doing shrugs or barbell curls is always on it. It’s idiotic to get rid of a squat rack for something you can only perform 3 or 4 lifts on.

The power rack has to be one of the most versatile things in a gym. There are no hardcore gyms in my area either. Well, I don’t know if there are any hardcore gyms in the area. I live in a relatively small town in Alabama so probably not.[/quote]

I travel 3 hours every time I go train in my Strong Man gym. Quit your fucking whining and go train somewhere that adequately suits your needs.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
If a guy makes reference to the city of Milan, it’s a pretty safe bet that he’s gay.

[quote]Nards wrote:
[/quote]
[/quote]

nah, looks pretty straight to me

[quote]Nards wrote:

I did it. I made it through one minute. I don’t know who I hate more, the guy who sings it or you for making me aware of it.

These kind of posts make me chuckle. They usually come from people who have not been on the forum very long and are usually made by people trying to gain acceptance from the “big kids” and prove that they too are “hardcore”.

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

nah, looks pretty straight to me[/quote]

OK my testicles have physically retracted into my groin and just held a press conference to announce their intention to become ovaries.

Fuck. I’m going to go inject 1,250mg of Testosterone Cypionate into each delt, snort a few lines of gunpowder cut with methamphetamine, and go beat up some random bystander or 6. Thanks for posting that video.

Don’t forget that my gym also plays Lady Gaga and I actually learned about Nickelback by hearing terrible lyrics at the gym so I googled those lyrics later (something about “burning through the fire and pain and you rescued me”) and lo and behold I found that my hatred was directed toward Nickelback.

[quote]TheTexican wrote:
2[/quote]

Thats the rather elusive “eye of the tiger” right there.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Don’t forget that my gym also plays Lady Gaga and I actually learned about Nickelback by hearing terrible lyrics at the gym so I googled those lyrics later (something about “burning through the fire and pain and you rescued me”) and lo and behold I found that my hatred was directed toward Nickelback.[/quote]

I find that not being a native speaker and most songs being in English I can tune them out easily.

Maybe this is a blessing that I do not appreciate enough?

I have grown accustomed to waiting for the squat rack or power rack.

Sometimes it’s douche bags doing shrugs or squat rack bicep curls. Other times it’s groups of serious lifters that come in and work out together.

It sucks, but there’s nothing I can do but wait.

BUT I do think that EVERY gym should have at least four squat racks. This old stuff about ONE power rack and ONE squat rack is the goddamn pits!

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[/quote]

You have my sympathy.[/quote]

Thanks for even listening to that. Did you get to the part where the gay guy that sounds like a fat woman starts just listing off fashion designers? FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!![/quote]

Ehehe. I listened to the end.

I feel for ya.