T Nation

I Want to Compete Next Summer

After a 1.5y of lifting, I think I want to compete next summer after my bulk.
This is my video, I know my posing is god awful, but any suggestions, tips, helping and what you think is what I’m asking. I will probably bulk to around 180 till March then begin my cut.

This is my video.

Cheers.

What’s your height and current weight?

And what org/contest do you want to compete in?

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
What’s your height and current weight?

And what org/contest do you want to compete in?[/quote]

5"5 164ish

I was thinking lightweight but now that might be a little to difficult for 156 so most likely middle weight.

And also not sure on the org/contest yet, but natty one if that helps.

Just keep staying the course until next year, really. You have already mentioned that your posing needs work, and there are videos online that will show you how to do them all well. Keep video recording yourself and just get better and better as you go along. You have a LONG time between now and then, so just focus on getting better and better.

As far as your physique, you have a very good base of muscle/shape/size here. Keep lifting heavier and eating to gain quality weight and you will bring a very good package to your first contest.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Just keep staying the course until next year, really. You have already mentioned that your posing needs work, and there are videos online that will show you how to do them all well. Keep video recording yourself and just get better and better as you go along. You have a LONG time between now and then, so just focus on getting better and better.

As far as your physique, you have a very good base of muscle/shape/size here. Keep lifting heavier and eating to gain quality weight and you will bring a very good package to your first contest.[/quote]

Thank you. I just wasn’t sure about my physique and how it scales right now so I just wanted some opinions. Hopefully my bulk goes well.

Also, any recommended videos for posing?

Layne Norton and Bob Chicarillo have some, just Google BB Posing tutorials and you should find a bunch.