I Want That Edge for Fitness Test

I am taking the physical fitness test for police departments in Washington state on January 10th, and now that I am in the home stretch I am looking for some supplement or nutritional advice to give me that extra edge to pull out an even better score, stand out from the pack, and be more competitive for the departments I am applying for.

The test is out of 200, and I must get 160 to pass. This is the order the tests are administered, and my scores.
300m sprint - 56sec for 50 points - my time 68
Push-ups - 35reps for 50 points - my reps 51
Sit-ups - 38reps in 1 min for 50 points - my reps 33
1.5 mile run - 13:35 for 50 points - my time 12:02

The totals on their score scale
300m - 34
Push-ups - 50
Sit-ups - 35.75
1.5 mile run - 50

Total = 169.75

Are there any (legal) supplements/nutritional tips I can take/practice for the next three or so weeks, or prior to the exam that will give me the extra edge to cut some time off?

Spike, I’d think. I’m actually scared of how potent it might be - I have 2 packs of Spike tablets and a tub of Caffeine-Free Spike, but I’m hyperactive enough as it is and am keeping these bad boys for true emergencies :smiley:

SURGE WORKOUT FUEL! You’ll beat anyone not using it.

LR

Spike Shooter :slight_smile:

Hey thanks for the tips guys. I went to GNC and picked up a Spike Shooter, 5-hour energy, and a redline shooter. I figured I would take each one on separate days when I hit the gym and see which one works best.

I don’t get it. How can you be so slow on the sprint? I’ve trained with little girls close to your time on 400’s. You’re a grown man and you look like you’re in good shape, and I thought cops often trained to be fast and well adapted to chasing down people.

Not trying to bring you down, I just have a hard time beliving you’d get outrun by the fat kid at our school.

If you really care about your score, make sure to stay good in pushups and the 1.5mile while bringing your sprint up. Situps shouldn’t even take a week to get to 38. I really hope the 300m sprint was just a typo though.

Edit: 13 YEAR OLD GIRLS! (they were pretty hot at the time though, should probably go check up on them soon. Maybe get my P-card and everything.)

That 300 is terrible, theres no denying that.

Not to brag, but I could run the 400 in under a minute when I was 12 and the 200 in under 30secs, so for a grown adult who looks to be in decent shape, I’m sure you can do better.

Go 1/2 speed for half and full speed for at least the last 100m.

Just have good eating habits, and if you smoke/drink try not to have too many leading up to the day.

Lots of pushups compared to the police over here. We only need to do something like 6 which is pretty sad if you couldn’t. There’s also level 10 on the beep test which is pretty hard though.

[quote]TheMarksmen wrote:

300m sprint - 56sec for 50 points - my time 68
Push-ups - 35reps for 50 points - my reps 51
Sit-ups - 38reps in 1 min for 50 points - my reps 33
1.5 mile run - 13:35 for 50 points - my time 12:02

The totals on their score scale
300m - 34
Push-ups - 50
Sit-ups - 35.75
1.5 mile run - 50

Total = 169.75

Sprint: How to Train for the 200m Sprint : Running the 200m Sprint After the Turn - YouTube

You should EXCELL at that, thats a SLOW sprint !

If you cant do 50 press ups/sit ups do em EVERY hr of EVERY day that will sort it.

1.5 run Sorted.

Only thing you have to focus on is sprinting rest is DO MORE WORK on the 3 of em

kinda off topic, but does anyone know the reasoning behind testing sit ups on a fitness test like this? How does being able to do 38 situps in a minute translate to the kind of work needed on the job in the police academy?

to the OP: Surge Workout Fuel @ the label doses, and beta alanine should help.

With beta alanine, its better if you can get it into your system a few days/weeks before the test, so get some asap and start taking it daily.

The suggestion to do situps and pushups frequently throughout the day is a good one. Do a set of both every few hours throughout the day. Obviously you need to do some sprint work, but I can’t advise a program as sprinting isn’t really an area of expertise for me. maybe start with this:

good luck man

l-carnitine

I cant see how a Spike Shooter, SURGE Workout Fuel, and Beta-7 would not be the second best stack to EPO lol.

Those three will give you the best results, IMO.

Oh, that redline shit? I tried that once before surf kayaking (to compare it to Spike) and I just ended up jittery and dehydrated. Fast. That’s just me, though.

Also, do some sprints. 68 second 300m? Really?