T Nation

I Want Strength

Hey, I’m looking for a routine to develop strength and a little mass but mainly strength. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good routines that will help me develop a lot of strength, Thanks.

Crossfit. /troll

Starting Strength
Stronglifts 5x5
Westside for Skinny Bastards
5/3/1 - personal favorite
Sheiko
Smolov/Smolov Jr.

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/programs/if-i-knew-then-what-i-know-now-the-genius-is-not-in-the-program-rach-add-linkspics/

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/ten-things-for-a-successful-program/

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/matt_rhodes_531_hybrid?id=5302657&pageNo=0

Squat

I’m a relative novice myself, so don’t take my word for it. But I believe mass is mainly diet volume dependant. I you keep total number of reps low, weight on the bar high, diet income around maintenance, you should strength and not so much mass. But I think it would be verrrryyy sloooowwwww.

[quote]Lougia wrote:
Hey, I’m looking for a routine to develop strength and a little mass but mainly strength. I don’t want to put any effort into finding a routine myself. I could totally read the countless threads this question has been asked in before, but again no personal effort. Anyways, thanks for any reply’s, I will just blindly pick one and the mass and strength should just fall into place. Thanks.[/quote]
^What^ I read when I see these threads.

SQUATS AND MILK!

and pullovers…

Articles and/or Search

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Lougia wrote:
Hey, I’m looking for a routine to develop strength and a little mass but mainly strength. I don’t want to put any effort into finding a routine myself. I could totally read the countless threads this question has been asked in before, but again no personal effort. Anyways, thanks for any reply’s, I will just blindly pick one and the mass and strength should just fall into place. Thanks.[/quote]
^What^ I read when I see these threads.[/quote]

yep always in two minds to answer these, for me anyone under 10 posts just deserves a link or one word answer

Westside, the original template. Just use a 3 rep max instead of a 1 rep max in the template (newbs and people with less than 1 year of solid consistent training always do better with a 5 rep max or 3 rep max. The singles just don’t give you enough to gain effectively for a complete newb–this is also why Defranco uses 5’s and 3’s in his template for high school athletes and others). I did it for 5-6 years solid and did great. Still love it, still influences my training.

Madcow 5x5

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Lougia wrote:
^What^ I read when I see these threads.[/quote]

QFT!!