I Want My Handouts

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
Is there a way for a self-sufficient white person to make use of these handouts that your know of? [/quote]

Self-sufficient people don’t want handouts. [/quote]

they want them they just dont need them[/quote]

No they don’t. Accepting a handout is contrary to self sufficiency. [/quote]

no its not… I’m self-sufficient, but if you offer me something for free i’ll take it

BEING self-sufficient is one thing, accepting a handout is another
[/quote]

Someone that is truly self-sufficient is not going to want a hand out. They only want to rely on their own work. They also, likely, realize that handout ain’t free. It’s taken from someone else, ie, accepting it make them not self-sufficient. [/quote]

Even by that logic I think hes trying to say its not a handout because he at one time did pay for it and that someone else is him, the payment was just to the government initially. This is assuming you pay more taxes than you receive in handouts.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

It made me wonder (once again) if there is anyway I can recoup some of my tax dollars through food stamps or any other option? Instead of trying to stop the handouts, I’d be fine with just benefiting from them.
[/quote]

Honestly, you re-coup more than what you pay in on an annual basis, more likely than not.

I’m assuming your AGI isn’t north of a couple hundred million, which would mean you still get back at least, if not more benefit that the services you pay for with your tax dollars.

Drive on paved and plowed street, you paid for that. Walk on a sidewalk or play ball at the park? You paid for that. Like the fact the police are there to call (and direct traffic, lol), and the fire will come (try at least) put your fires out? You paid for that. It is statistically likely you took loans to go to college, which means it is likely they were government subsidized. You paid (are still paying) for that.

The less money someone makes, the more benefit they get from government provided services in relation to the dollars they pay in tax. And given the day-to-day activity government gives, on a lot of levels, you talking about having to pay in Mitt Romney money before you aren’t receiving more benefit than your dollar is worth.

Well, the swing starts going in the opposite direction long before you are paying Mitt money, but you get my point.

When you start paying 2 million in June for estimated payments, then bitch.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
Is there a way for a self-sufficient white person to make use of these handouts that your know of? [/quote]

Self-sufficient people don’t want handouts. [/quote]

they want them they just dont need them[/quote]

No they don’t. Accepting a handout is contrary to self sufficiency. [/quote]

no its not… I’m self-sufficient, but if you offer me something for free i’ll take it

BEING self-sufficient is one thing, accepting a handout is another
[/quote]

Someone that is truly self-sufficient is not going to want a hand out. They only want to rely on their own work. They also, likely, realize that handout ain’t free. It’s taken from someone else, ie, accepting it make them not self-sufficient. [/quote]

Even by that logic I think hes trying to say its not a handout because he at one time did pay for it and that someone else is him, the payment was just to the government initially. This is assuming you pay more taxes than you receive in handouts.[/quote]

I agree, if and only if, you are trying to recuperate what has been taken. For example, you pay 25% in tax and are able to get back 15%.

He was the one that used the term “handout”. I assumed he meant above and beyond what he put into the collective.

Please come to Kansas and visit me and I will show you huge areas of the state where white people are receiving a ton of handouts. Race has nothing to do with handouts. Some handouts are different based on race, but let’s not act like white people can’t get food stamps, be on welfare, etc.

Handouts are a problem. Race has nothing to do with them. And quit acting like you want them. If you are self sufficient why would you want a handout?

I’m middle class at best and my fiance doesn’t make much money. I’d love more money, but I have no desire for a handout. I will work more, try to get promotions, and she will do the same. I won’t allow us to have handouts. We don’t need them. I wish more people felt like the people on this board feel.

I don’t wish I was a criminal just because life would be easier if I was wealthy via crime. I feel the same way about assistance. Some assistance is necessary for some people. Some is not. I’m not someone who fits a category that needs assistance.

At present they say there is 1 job for every 3 looking , that probably is not considering those that are working at a job that does not adequately compensate them . So in other words there is a lot of unrest in the job market place .

It is funny I never hear that we should quit subsidizing oil or tobacco . But those poor fucking lazy bastards are the devil

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
At present they say there is 1 job for every 3 looking , that probably is not considering those that are working at a job that does not adequately compensate them . So in other words there is a lot of unrest in the job market place .

It is funny I never hear that we should quit subsidizing oil or tobacco . But those poor fucking lazy bastards are the devil [/quote]

It depends on who you talk to. Different people will want different trade-offs to satisfy what they think is a problem.

[quote]H factor wrote:
If you are self sufficient why would you want a handout?

I’m middle class at best and my fiance doesn’t make much money. I’d love more money, but I have no desire for a handout. I will work more, try to get promotions, and she will do the same. I won’t allow us to have handouts. We don’t need them. I wish more people felt like the people on this board feel.

I don’t wish I was a criminal just because life would be easier if I was wealthy via crime. I feel the same way about assistance. Some assistance is necessary for some people. Some is not. I’m not someone who fits a category that needs assistance. [/quote]

Thnak you. Someone gets it.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[/quote]

These are e-numbers pulled from your ass.

It will vary from field to field, and area to area.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
I had friends in college who couldn’t get food stamps cause they were white (they needed them too)[/quote]

You were lied to, because that didn’t happen.

The vast majority of people receiving government transfers in this country are white. VAST majority. [/quote]

I know you are correct, but when you make up almost 80% of the population of course you are gonna lead the league in every category.

I this point per capita is the only way to look at something like this, but I’m sure that is racist to somebody.

And yes, dude is lying if he said they were turned down for being white, most likely their parents still claimed them.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
If you are self sufficient why would you want a handout?

I don’t wish I was a criminal just because life would be easier if I was wealthy via crime. I feel the same way about assistance. Some assistance is necessary for some people. Some is not. I’m not someone who fits a category that needs assistance. [/quote]

Thnak you. Someone gets it. [/quote]

Why though? I’m honestly asking. Why do so many of us in this thread get it but others don’t? Of course we all want more money and more stuff, we’re humans. We just don’t think we have anything about us that makes us deserve to be given something. You get it, beans gets it, other people in here get it. And we are certainly people who disagree about numerous things!

I don’t know HOW people could want handouts when they don’t need them. I mean my brain just isn’t wired to think like that. Why should someone else pay money to help me out when I’m my age and don’t need any help? I can understand OP’s frustrations, but why desire to be part of that?

Colleges and Universities don’t immediately hand you a FAFSA application as soon as you walk into their enrollment offices anymore?

They did when I went. Literally, there was a stack of them at the desk and that was the very first thing you did.

[quote]H factor wrote:
Why should someone else pay money to help me out when I’m my age and don’t need any help? I can understand OP’s frustrations, but why desire to be part of that? [/quote]

I don’t know either, but I think it is easier for some people to just “get” from the system, rather than give, at least in their mind.

Some are just lazy.

And some probably don’t think they have any other option.

And then there are those that do now, and will forever need the help of their communities to get by, certain disabilities etc…

I mean the complete lack of basic economic knowledge I see daily, just by clicking the “facebook” icon on my phone leads me people actually think when government give syou something it is “free”.

[quote]H factor wrote:
Why should someone else pay money to help me out when I’m my age and don’t need any help? I can understand OP’s frustrations, but why desire to be part of that? [/quote]

I don’t know either, but I think it is easier for some people to just “get” from the system, rather than give, at least in their mind.

Some are just lazy.

And then there are those that do now, and will forever need the help of their communities to get by, certain disabilities etc…

I mean the complete lack of basic economic knowledge I see daily, just by clicking the “facebook” icon on my phone leads me people actually think when government give syou something it is “free”. [/quote]

Then you’re gonna love this.

The local teachers here, want a 17.6% raise, and they want it all right now. Not spread out over a period of years, but right now, like yesterday. In a city facing hundreds of millions in debt, the greed is shameless.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
I had friends in college who couldn’t get food stamps cause they were white (they needed them too)[/quote]

The vast majority of people receiving government transfers in this country are white. VAST majority. [/quote]

You are being mislead by your intuition

My drummers girlfriend and guitarist of my band went to get food stamps, WITH My other guitarist, who was black. One of the three got the food stamps, the others didn’t. From what I remember, there wasn’t much reasoning for them not receiving the same benefits that our black friend did.

They were liberal hipster types

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

It made me wonder (once again) if there is anyway I can recoup some of my tax dollars through food stamps or any other option? Instead of trying to stop the handouts, I’d be fine with just benefiting from them.
[/quote]

Honestly, you re-coup more than what you pay in on an annual basis, more likely than not.

I’m assuming your AGI isn’t north of a couple hundred million, which would mean you still get back at least, if not more benefit that the services you pay for with your tax dollars.

Drive on paved and plowed street, you paid for that. Walk on a sidewalk or play ball at the park? You paid for that. Like the fact the police are there to call (and direct traffic, lol), and the fire will come (try at least) put your fires out? You paid for that. It is statistically likely you took loans to go to college, which means it is likely they were government subsidized. You paid (are still paying) for that.

The less money someone makes, the more benefit they get from government provided services in relation to the dollars they pay in tax. And given the day-to-day activity government gives, on a lot of levels, you talking about having to pay in Mitt Romney money before you aren’t receiving more benefit than your dollar is worth.

Well, the swing starts going in the opposite direction long before you are paying Mitt money, but you get my point.

When you start paying 2 million in June for estimated payments, then bitch. [/quote]

You think you need to pull in THAT MUCH money to be in the group that has something to bitch about…I thought you were an accountant and should know better

I don’t plan on making my rookie salary when I’m 30,40,50+ yrs old, my guess (and go ahead and correct me if I’m wrong) is that I will be making more money when I get older. I’m looking ahead

Classic T Nation, focus in on minute details and not the question being asked.

Again, does anyone have any ideas?

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

Again, does anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

You’re asking us to help you do something we are opposed to and you’re mad we aren’t helping. What you are wanting in my opinion is akin to fraud. When someone gets disability money and isn’t disabled that is public fraud. It is a waste of taxpayer dollars. I don’t mind some of my paycheck going to ACTUAL people who need it. I wish we would change some things to make this happen less, but that isn’t what we are talking about.

I’m not going to help you get something you don’t deserve. If you asked me how to get away with murder I wouldn’t help you there either.

It’s not some “minute” detail. It’s called being a man. Men take responsibility. Right now you seem like a boy who is just saying “I wanna, I wanna, I wanna.” Stop.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

Some are just lazy.

I mean the complete lack of basic economic knowledge I see daily, just by clicking the “facebook” icon on my phone leads me people actually think when government give syou something it is “free”. [/quote]

Then you’re gonna love this.

The local teachers here, want a 17.6% raise, and they want it all right now. Not spread out over a period of years, but right now, like yesterday. In a city facing hundreds of millions in debt, the greed is shameless. [/quote]

Even though I agree with you I would not be focusing on the local teachers as my example of greed. Of course they want more money, everyone wants more money. If they are like the teachers in the local school district in Kansas where I’m at they have been frozen or giving the minimum step for 4 years. Local teachers where I am REALLY want a salary increase…they haven’t got one in over 4 years, not even the steps guaranteed by the contract they signed. That (imo) should be breach of contract and illegal, but it happened.

IDK I get what you’re saying and I pretty much agree, but your local teachers is not the place I would choose to start when talking about greed in the American system. It’s not that it’s a bad example I just think you can find 1 billion better ones.

Maybe I’m wrong…

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

Again, does anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

Yes. Step away from private employment. Take the civil service exam (you’ll ace it) and start applying for state jobs. Once you get one of those you will basically be pre-retired. By the time you actually do retire (your age when you start + 30) you’l be set for the rest of your very long life.

You will have the good life making prevailing rate of an engineer on state and federal money.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

You are being mislead by your intuition

My drummers girlfriend and guitarist of my band went to get food stamps, WITH My other guitarist, who was black. One of the three got the food stamps, the others didn’t. From what I remember, there wasn’t much reasoning for them not receiving the same benefits that our black friend did.

They were liberal hipster types[/quote]
There wasn’t much reasoning implies that there was some reasoning and what was it? You assume it’s because he was black but that doesn’t explain the millions of whites who are receiving foodstamps. So maybe you shouldn’t assume and go ask these friends what were the reasons given to them. I mean, they should already know and therefore you should already know but yet, you don’t. That doesn’t make sense.

And where did they go to get foodstamps? I don’t know about your state but in CT you apply online and can find out right away if you qualify or not.