I Want a Bigger Frame, How?

I want to get a bigger frame/broader as well as gaining mass etc.

Exercises i do:

TRAPS
D’bell shrugs think i will change these for a while to smith shrugs and reverse smith shrugs.

Are there upper and lower traps or is the trap 1 muscle?

BACK
Lat pull down to front
Close grip lat pulldown
One arm d/bell row

SHOULDERS
D’bell presses
Side laterals
Bent over side laterals

That routine above ok, any suggestions from experience. thanks.

Deadlifts, squats, pressing, chins, rows.

[quote]icemansoldier wrote:

Exercises i do:

TRAPS
D’bell shrugs think i will change these for a while to smith shrugs and reverse smith shrugs.

BACK
Lat pull down to front
Close grip lat pulldown
One arm d/bell row

SHOULDERS
D’bell presses
Side laterals
Bent over side laterals

That routine above ok, any suggestions from experience. thanks. [/quote]

Traps are a single muscle group. Just smart to switch up exercises and hit the muscle at different angles. Deadlifts do a great job of working your lower back, traps, and forearms to mention a few. I would incorporate chins as a back exercise.

As far as shoulders, miltary press, side laterals, but don’t forget the front raises as well. There are plenty of exercises on abcbodybuilding.com, you can select a muscle group and they give you instructions/pictures on how to do all sorts of exercises.

There are small, medium, and large framed individuals. Agree? All from genetics. I really don’t believe that you can alter your frame, your core body structure. However I do believe you can alter your appearance with wider shoulders and back. You can create the illusion of being a large framed individual. I really hope this makes sense.

Some interesting info from intensemuscle below.
Maybe someone who trains DC-style will elaborate on this better. I am not experienced enought to train that way yet, but I have seen some improvement by following his stretching guidelines as well as some of his calf training ideas.

"Question: Dante,
Do you naturally have such crazy-broad shoulders, or would you attribute that to your training?
Answer: I have always felt my shoulders were more narrow than I like.

I 100% attribute that to hanging on the widest chin bar with wrist straps working my way up the dumbell rack to where i was hanging with a over 100lb dumbell for I think it was 2 minutes 7 seconds—100% ABSOLUTELY…I was so narrow at 19 it was pathetic and there are pictures to prove it.

When visiting my parents earlier last year we went thru all the old picture scrapbooks and even my wife was shocked at my frame at 19-20 compared to what it is now… I had hung from the chin bar all during my bodybuilding formulative years (19 till about 32 personally) and my shoulder structure has changed dramatically.

I finished every back workout with a hang. At about 28 or so I believe my shoulders stopped widening so i would say somewhat like ribcages, any pliable shoulder structure is unable to change at a certain age. 30 plus, I would say your SOL"

[quote]icemansoldier wrote:

Exercises i do:

TRAPS

BACK
Lat pull down to front
Close grip lat pulldown
One arm d/bell row

SHOULDERS
D’bell presses
Side laterals
Bent over side laterals

That routine above ok, any suggestions from experience. thanks. [/quote]

1 Like

I’m interested in this concept. I have been naturally blessed with a very strong frame, one of my best friends asked me if I did anything that helped me shape my frame. I didn’t think it was possible, however after reading Brawn, traditional bodybuilding philosophy dictates, that it is indeed possible to shape one’s frame. Rig cage enlargement, shoulder broadening.

I honestly feel lateley when I do weighted squats, that my body’s frame is becoming more muscular. However I am not sure.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
I’m interested in this concept. I have been naturally blessed with a very strong frame, one of my best friends asked me if I did anything that helped me shape my frame. I didn’t think it was possible, however after reading Brawn, traditional bodybuilding philosophy dictates, that it is indeed possible to shape one’s frame. Rig cage enlargement, shoulder broadening.

I honestly feel lateley when I do weighted squats, that my body’s frame is becoming more muscular. However I am not sure.[/quote]

Your “frame” implies your overall width, also including how powerful you look. You can change the size of your muscles, but you won’t be changing your rib cage much at all, aside from differences in posture, or the width of your clavicles. You can make your back and shoulders bigger which will give you a more powerful look overall.