I Wanna Try H.I.T.

I am going to compete in a bodybuilding show on June 13 in Chattanooga. I am wanting to try HD(Heavy Duty) By Mike Mentzer. Now I know alot of people HATE H.I.T. training but, I wanna try it seriously. I was just wandering if anyone on here has ever tried it. My main question is that Mike says to have about 3-4 days of rest between training days and I was wandering if it would really hurt to train more frequently than this.

Such as Monday- Chest and Back, Wednesday- Delts and Arms, and Friday-Legs and Abs and take the weekends off. If you just wanna bash H.I.T. without ever giving it a chance and a honest run then please don’t post if I wanted to read pages of H.I.T. bashing I would be on bodybuilding.com. Thank you all for your time.

[quote]im_the_truth_ wrote:
I am going to compete in a bodybuilding show on June 13 in Chattanooga. I am wanting to try HD(Heavy Duty) By Mike Mentzer. Now I know alot of people HATE H.I.T. training but, I wanna try it seriously. I was just wandering if anyone on here has ever tried it. My main question is that Mike says to have about 3-4 days of rest between training days and I was wandering if it would really hurt to train more frequently than this.

Such as Monday- Chest and Back, Wednesday- Delts and Arms, and Friday-Legs and Abs and take the weekends off. If you just wanna bash H.I.T. without ever giving it a chance and a honest run then please don’t post if I wanted to read pages of H.I.T. bashing I would be on bodybuilding.com. Thank you all for your time.[/quote]

Logic hit and miss:

“I have a “bodybuilding competition” coming up…which means I must have built a lot of muscle already because if I hadn’t, there would be no need to “compete”…yet I want to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT that I obviously know little about than what built all of that size I have right before I stand on stage in posing trunks”.

I couldn’t possibly care less whether you try HIT. I only know I haven’t seen too many people who looked truly impressive who built all of their size that way.

Your stats?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
im_the_truth_ wrote:

Such as Monday- Chest and Back, Wednesday- Delts and Arms, and Friday-Legs and Abs and take the weekends off. If you just wanna bash H.I.T. without ever giving it a chance and a honest run then please don’t post if I wanted to read pages of H.I.T. bashing I would be on bodybuilding.com. Thank you all for your time.

Logic hit and miss:

“I have a “bodybuilding competition” coming up…which means I must have built a lot of muscle already because if I hadn’t, there would be no need to “compete”…yet I want to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT that I obviously know little about than what built all of that size I have right before I stand on stage in posing trunks”.

I couldn’t possibly care less whether you try HIT. I only know I haven’t seen too many people who looked truly impressive who built all of their size that way.

Your stats?[/quote]

Dorian Yates?

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
im_the_truth_ wrote:

Logic hit and miss:

Your stats?

Dorian Yates?[/quote]

Are you implying that the OP is Dorian Yates?

Or that Dorian Yates built the majority of his mass using HIT?

Actually, don’t answer. You’re wrong either way.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
im_the_truth_ wrote:

Logic hit and miss:

Your stats?

Dorian Yates?[/quote]

Dorian Yates used HIT to build most of his size?

Please.

Mike Mentzer didn’t even use HIT to build most of his size.

Hey, I’m all for HIT. I absolutely love it, and have gotten much better results in a shorter time period than with other training method. I wouldn’t personally follow Mentzer’s method; I’d go with Ellington Darden’s full body method via “The New HIT”, but hey, I’m not knocking Mentzer. Personally, though, I think his idea of rest is a bit exaggerated. Yeah, long rests might occasionally be necessary, but most people need to work out more consistently as a general rule.

First of all, what are your goals? Do you need to gain mass? If so, HIT is the first place I’d look. But if you’re looking to trim some fat, be aware that infrequent workouts with high intensity is going to make that difficult unless you are eating a very low calorie diet. Of course, you can always add cardio, but you could overtrain quite easily unless you’re doing fairly low impact stuff. True HIT puts serious stress on the body.

[quote]Chris Austere wrote:
Hey, I’m all for HIT. I absolutely love it, and have gotten much better results in a shorter time period than with other training method. I wouldn’t personally follow Mentzer’s method; I’d go with Ellington Darden’s full body method via “The New HIT”, but hey, I’m not knocking Mentzer. Personally, though, I think his idea of rest is a bit exaggerated. Yeah, long rests might occasionally be necessary, but most people need to work out more consistently as a general rule.

First of all, what are your goals? Do you need to gain mass? If so, HIT is the first place I’d look. But if you’re looking to trim some fat, be aware that infrequent workouts with high intensity is going to make that difficult unless you are eating a very low calorie diet. Of course, you can always add cardio, but you could overtrain quite easily unless you’re doing fairly low impact stuff. True HIT puts serious stress on the body.[/quote]

Could you post a picture of yourself along with your stats?

I’m saying that Dorian Yates used quite a bit of HIT training among other other methods. Everyone here hates on HIT the minute someone brings it up. I just think that it can be useful in putting on size because it is unique.

Mike Mentzer didn’t even use HIT to build most of his size.[/quote]

Wrong!

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
I’m saying that Dorian Yates used quite a bit of HIT training among other other methods. Everyone here hates on HIT the minute someone brings it up. I just think that it can be useful in putting on size because it is unique. [/quote]

I’m not hating on HIT. I am hating on blind HIT-ites who act like Dorian Yates looked the way he did because he used HIT all of his life. The man was HUGE and bigger than most of the people claiming how great it is long before he ever used HIT.

Could you post a picture of yourself along with your stats?[/quote]

Nope.

Professor X wrote:

Mike Mentzer didn’t even use HIT to build most of his size.

Wrong![/quote]

Wrong? You do realize the man was winning contests long before he ever used that training style?

Wrong? You do realize the man was winning contests long before he ever used that training style?[/quote]

Yeah, I guess you’re technically right, but no one can argue that he wasn’t in his best shape after using HIT. The same could be said for Yates, Oliva, Viator, and Boyer Coe.

mallen5 wrote:
I’m saying that Dorian Yates used quite a bit of HIT training among other other methods. Everyone here hates on HIT the minute someone brings it up. I just think that it can be useful in putting on size because it is unique.

I’m not hating on HIT. I am hating on blind HIT-ites who act like Dorian Yates looked the way he did because he used HIT all of his life. The man was HUGE and bigger than most of the people claiming how great it is long before he ever used HIT.[/quote]

You do have a point. He was massive before HIT. Anyone who says that there wasn’t any HIT going on in Temple gym has no idea what they’re talking about.

Respectfully,

mallen5

Professor X wrote:

Wrong? You do realize the man was winning contests long before he ever used that training style?

Yeah, I guess you’re technically right, but no one can argue that he wasn’t in his best shape after using HIT. The same could be said for Yates, Oliva, Viator, and Boyer Coe.
[/quote]

Many would argue that HIT is what led to many of his injuries that would have caused ANYONE ELSE to lose several of those contests he kept winning in spite of his biceps and triceps tears which were extremely noticeable.

Also, could you post a picture of yourself and your current stats?

[quote]im_the_truth_ wrote:

Such as Monday- Chest and Back, Wednesday- Delts and Arms, and Friday-Legs and Abs and take the weekends off. If you just wanna bash H.I.T. without ever giving it a chance and a honest run then please don’t post if I wanted to read pages of H.I.T. bashing I would be on bodybuilding.com. Thank you all for your time.[/quote]

Why are you contemplating this 3 months from a contest? I don’t get it.

[quote]Itchy wrote:

Why are you contemplating this 3 months from a contest? I don’t get it.[/quote]

Yeah, as much as I like HIT, you could really sabotage your chances switching it up 3 months out. Go with what you know. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I wouldn’t experiment with it until and unless you’re looking to put on size. At this point, you should probably be more concerned with coming in lean.

i wonder why you would switch up right before a show , wouldnt you be better upping your volume or working with supersets imo but what do i know???.

secondly wouldnt you rather wait until after said show to carb up, and or eat for mass and implement h.i.t. when you wouldnt run the risk of injury being in a dieting / weaker state??

Also not to state the obvious as above quoted Dorian was huge before H.I.T just look at the blood n guts books before pics.

Heavily shrouded was his roid stacks and growth hormone insulin use, so using yates as a yard stick is not a very good comparison to adhere to.

I made good gains with HIT the first time I used it. I gained about 15 lbs in 3 weeks and all of my lifts went up. I never had gains like that again on any other occasion that I tried it though.

In retrospect I think the program was a brief detraining period that allowed me to finally recover from the high volume I was using before.

I’m sure most of the HIT success is from people who were somewhat overtrained and needed a recovery period.

can anyone give an example of their hit programs?