I Wanna Talk about How to Get a Girlfriend

I am not sure a woman saying she has had worse is a good thing. I would never tell someone that a woman told me that.

1 Like

“So, how was that for you?”
“Well, I guess I’ve had worse”

Truly high praise

1 Like

I’m having trouble picturing worse in this case.

1 Like

my people really do not do jealousy - Wimmen in our culture are free to make their own decisions about who they spend time with - it is very progressive in its view of basic human rights and progressive wimmen ideals.

but - that all goes out the window if there is pillaging and plundering to do. Occupational hazards.

AND - @SkyzykS is a brother and fellow warrior -

3 Likes

I am living proof this isn’t true.

Being unemployed due to schizophrenia is going to be a hurdle to getting someone, I would imagine. I’m bipolar, and after my divorce, I had NO idea how to let someone I was interested in dating know. With my wife now, I just told her. I explained that I was 100% med compliant, I keep a rigid sleep schedule, I don’t abuse drugs and I don’t drink too much, I’ve kept a job for a long time, and I was given custody of my son by the court. If I had to tell her I was unemployed DUE to being bipolar, I don’t think it would have worked.

1 Like

I socialize with people just fine. I have a social life right now despite being unemployed. (I’m on disability benefits for my schizophrenia)

Typically, for a healthy relationship, both partners bring something that shows their value in the long term. Whether or not marriage and children are in anyone’s plans, you can use that as a guide: can each person help towards having a roof, clothing, food, and raising kids? That’s often money but not always. Personal skills come into play, too (can cook, wash, clean, etc). And everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, but a healthy couple makes those work for them, either by complementing each others skills, or being able to find ways to alleviate where both together still fall short.

Finding someone who is compatible this way is usually a numbers game. You always start with initial attraction, and it sounds like you’ve got that down to a science. Now you need to just find someone who’s life and your life can fit together and make each of your lives better. For me that took a lot of dating, not dating, trying again, etc.

But keep in mind your disability. That’s a lot to overcome. You need to work on that the most. You need to find something to do with your time that shows you have something to offer as a person. Either taking classes or volunteering time somewhere, something. I’m sure you’ve seen “A Beautiful Mind” or know the story of John Nash, or others (Merriweather Lewis?), that have accomplished great things while suffering from mental disease.

2 Likes

That gives you a chance for a charity shag then…

3 Likes

At the expense of skipping about 90% of this thread…

I was in a relationship for 9+ years. From 19-28.

I was fucking lost on how to actually find someone else. Especially someone worth putting effort into past a quick lay.

I had some fun, talked to some chicks, had some booty calls, it was whatever, not really my thing, never has been.

I found a chick that I found really interesting, and the only things that went through my head was “be honest, and dont get quiet”

Obviously we all have our own struggles and issues to deal with, but your main goal shouldnt be to “find the first girl that’s interested” it should be to find someone that finds you interesting

If that makes sense

2 Likes

I don’t think I wrote he was like a hippy. I wrote:

And it was:

1 Like

They were probably closer to Spartans.

You can’t be serious.

I can buy the “Warrior Moses in the desert” theory but this would be too far fetched for me.

Crying I am disgusted in myself how could I do this? I hate you, you are so repulsive I can’t even look at you and now I hate myself

I’m guessing…

“I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”

What was Jesus’ opinion on money? What was the Spartans?

Years ago at a party, I met a beautiful girl. After talking to her for awhile I found she had the personality of a rock. After a while, I started talking to another girl who was cute. Turns out she had the best personality, and we dated for years.
Get past the has to be a hot girl thing and you’ll find someone who is worth your time.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law – a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me”

He did not literally mean any form of violent uprising. It was a metaphor for an ideological challenge to the status quo. It’s like when my family turned Christian in a predominantly Buddhist society and got lots of shit from people. And when my grandfather, who only converted on his deathbed, beat the crap out of my father when he first said he was becoming a Catholic.

You can find as much similarities between some of their opinions as you can with some of the opinions of the hippies. Were Spartans hippies?

Was Jesus a proponent of eugenics and the formation of a secular military state?

1 Like

Ah, the thread that keeps on giving. I’m both surprised and not surprised that this thread is still going lol

1 Like

Non-sequitur:

6 Likes

He believed in kingdoms and listening to your parents.

I’m sure he did since he believed he was a God from Heaven. But how did he conduct himself on EARTH?

Not when it came to ideology.

God is everyone’s father.

1 Like