T Nation

I Wanna Compete

Here are some shots, have been lifting for a couple years, wanna compete just don’t know if I have the genetics. 195 here, currently 202 and gaining pretty easy.

not blurry

Im not sure if you have the genetics.
But if you want to compete, you need a lot more size all over.
Your back needs a lot of work, in my opinion.
Your arms are alright.
Your posing sucks.

_Mel

Initial opinion, focus on traps, lats, legs in general and rear delts.

With a bit more width up top I’m sure you could place at any amateur show.

-PTD

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:
Your arms are alright.
Your posing sucks.

_Mel[/quote]

Wow nice negative feedback. Funny coming from some of the photos that you have posted on your account. He obviously already stated that he wants to try a competition meaning he’s never done one before. So of course he’s not going to be genetically put together like an IFBB pro. I think you have a decent start and anyone can make some noise in bodybuilding if you dedicate yourself. Just go for it and try and show and see how you like it. Then you can reassess yourself and see where you want to go with it afterwards.

You could start out in physique/fitness model now . Get the feel of stage presentation, peak week, the total experience. Figure out from there if you want to grow into bb…don’t forget when you compete, its about you. Get up there and have fun, strut your stuff, and take the steps you want to take to progress if you choose to do so.

[quote]jerometjosvold wrote:

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:
Your arms are alright.
Your posing sucks.

_Mel[/quote]

Wow nice negative feedback. Funny coming from some of the photos that you have posted on your account. He obviously already stated that he wants to try a competition meaning he’s never done one before. So of course he’s not going to be genetically put together like an IFBB pro. I think you have a decent start and anyone can make some noise in bodybuilding if you dedicate yourself. Just go for it and try and show and see how you like it. Then you can reassess yourself and see where you want to go with it afterwards. [/quote]

After I posted that, I realized it sounded really shitty.
I did not mean for it to come out like that at all.
Thanks for looking at my photos. ?

_Mel

Good conditioning and good look. Just add a lil more size and you will be good. I think the score you have is bullshit because I have seen some people on here that got way higher ratings than you and dont look as good. And to melanieamber12 you should really spend the least amount of time possible on tnation and spend the most amount of time possible in the gym because it is debatable that you even lift. I say this truthfully but I have seen tons of physiques better than yours when I went to county prison and their was no weights.

You look good man. Could you provide more info? Height, years training, split, diet, all that jazz?

Yeah I think you have a great physique. Any average guy would kill to look like you. And as was said, you could probably be a fitness model already. But for bodybuilding you need mass, mass and more mass. If you are gaining pretty well, then that is a very good sign. I’d say just keep at it, if you put in time and hard work you’re gonna be pretty monstrous in a few years. Don’t limit yourself at this point with genetics and stuff. You look great, and you have so much more progress you can make. Just keep working, enter some amatuer comps, and in time you will probably become better than you ever imagined. THEN worry about genetics haha. Anyways, great physique keep working.

More upper traps, more lats, more triceps, more rear delts.

thanks for all the feedback, seriously its cool to have some real advice and opinions. Yeah about the physique comps, I wanna get my foot in the door with competing where is a good place to start there I don’t even know how to go about finding out about them apart from google.

horribly out of proportion, need more mass overall

and unsymmetrical, though you can work with what you have

[quote]ChocolateChips wrote:
horribly out of proportion, need more mass overall[/quote]
lol please post pics of yourself… we will compare proportions

Decent build, but more size, especially in the lats and legs will help bring things into better proportions.

S