T Nation

I Took a Little Tumble...

...and fell off the second-story trying to climb back in my window. 4 times. Now, thank God, the bushes underneath my window were able to break my fall. However, the third time I fell off, I landed straight on my ass. For a couple of seconds, I couldn't even breathe. Hell, I thought I was paralyzed. But anyways, to make a long story short, I sucked it up, and after one more attempt, made it back into my window. Today, I have excruciating pain in my lower back (obviously). I am almost certain that this is due to the decompression of several vertebrae which most likely occurred after I fell. So, I was wondering, is there anything I can do (stretches, etc) to help decompress my spine? Thanks in advance.

why were you climbing up to your window…

Well, I snuck out by going out the window, so I needed a way to get back in.

stop drinking.

Hang from a pull up bar.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
stop drinking.[/quote]

I considered that

when I was twelve I snuck out to go to the bar that said GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

If you fell 2 stories directly onto your ass, you very well may have damaged your tailbone. You might consider getting it checked by a professional.

[quote]Remu_87 wrote:
Hang from a pull up bar.[/quote]

THANK YOU SIR. that sounds like legit advice I appreciate it.

[quote]JLu wrote:
If you fell 2 stories directly onto your ass, you very well may have damaged your tailbone. You might consider getting it checked by a professional.[/quote]

I’ve damaged by tailbone before. It isn’t that kind of pain. I really only have pain when I try to fully extend my back (for example standing straight up) or something like bending to pick something up. No pain while sitting.

i snuck out once or twice.

6th grade was a grand year.

Similar to the hanging advice. You can sit at a lat pulldown, hang on to the bar with a moderate amount of weight and let it “pull” you up while keeping your knees under the pads.

Hanging from a pullup bar works, but works better if you use lifting straps. Longer hang time because grip isn’t an issue. Also, see a doctor, jeez.

fool me once, shame on you…fool me 4 times and I must be fucking retarded.

[quote]yardbird wrote:
Hanging from a pullup bar works, but works better if you use lifting straps. Longer hang time because grip isn’t an issue. Also, see a doctor, jeez.[/quote]

X2 and shoot for at least 4-5 minutes of hang time. Every ones spine compresses some from heaving lifting squats and shit like that. I do bird dogs, warrior lunges and those hangs from the pullup bar from time to time. I also do that extreme lat stretch touted by Dante and I imagine it helps some with stretching out any compression

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
Similar to the hanging advice. You can sit at a lat pulldown, hang on to the bar with a moderate amount of weight and let it “pull” you up while keeping your knees under the pads.[/quote]

I’ll give it a try.