T Nation

I Throw Up a Lot PWO

The roads in my area got flooded and I haven’t been able to get my Surge.

I’ve been drinking milk before/after workouts. I’ll drink maybe 3-4 glasses from a bottle as I drive home and a few more when I get home.
Then, I drink Creatine with water, a few cups of that.

I don’t really feel sick or full, but more days than not, my mouth starts watering a few minutes after this and I go and throw up. I try to hold it back, but that rarely works. Then, I have to eat even more and drink even more milk to make up for it.

Can I do anything to prevent throwing up so much? I used to mix my Creatine in with the Surge and I would be fine. Creatine doesn’t really dissolve in milk though.

I would drink the milk later, but it digests slower than Surge as is and I don’t want to wait even longer to get it in me.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

Is it the mucose after drinking the milk that causes the nausea?

For that I rinse my mouth out with water realy well. That reduces the sticky mucose production.

How long have you been drinking so much milk before/after your workouts? Could be the culprit.

It’s probably the milk, but I don’t really have any other options right now. So rinse mouth after drinking milk, OK.

I would ditch the milk and just eat some good solid food PWO. If you are hurling you are doing more harm than good.

[quote]Artem wrote:
The rounds in my area got flooded and I haven’t been able to get my Surge.
I’ve been drinking milk before/after workouts. I’ll drink maybe 3-4 glasses from a bottle as I drive home and a few more when I get home.
Then, I drink Creatine with water, a few cups of that.

I don’t really feel sick or full, but more days than not, my mouth starts watering a few minutes after this and I go and throw up. I try to hold it back, but that rarely works. Then, I have to eat even more and drink even more milk to make up for it.

Can I do anything to prevent throwing up so much? I used to mix my Creatine in with the Surge and I would be fine. Creatine doesn’t really dissolve in milk though. I would drink the milk later, but it digests slower than Surge as is and I don’t want to wait even longer to get it in me.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks[/quote]

3-4 glasses of milk is a lot. Have you tried drinking less? Also, how well do you mix the creatine in the water? Clumps of unmixed creatine can mess your stomach up.

I would stop mixing the milk and creatine, pronto.

That would piss of my stomach, too. And, i’d eat some solid food with the creatine.

I do eat maybe an hour after that. The Creatine doesn’t really clump, but it sometimes just turns into a mush at the bottom of the cup; that never happened with Surge.

I’ll try drinking a bit less milk.

Are you lactose intolerant? When I used to drink large amounts of milk, my stomach would kill me. I know that’s not really what you described though.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Are you lactose intolerant? When I used to drink large amounts of milk, my stomach would kill me. I know that’s not really what you described though.[/quote]

He is drinking 3-4 cups on the way home, then more when he gets home. That is a massive amount of milk. I’m not lactose intolerant, but more than 16 oz makes me very uncomfortable, and that’s just sitting around the house doing nothing. Drinking that much immediately after a workout would make me puke for sure.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
Are you lactose intolerant? When I used to drink large amounts of milk, my stomach would kill me. I know that’s not really what you described though.

He is drinking 3-4 cups on the way home, then more when he gets home. That is a massive amount of milk. I’m not lactose intolerant, but more than 16 oz makes me very uncomfortable, and that’s just sitting around the house doing nothing. Drinking that much immediately after a workout would make me puke for sure. [/quote]

Well I would think that amount of milk would make anyone sick. It’s too thick to drink that much at once.

Plus, I tend to get a lot of muscus when I drink milk. That doesn’t help either.

3-4 cups doesn’t seem like that much. I can easily do that in like a minute when it’s not after a workout. I drink up to a gallon a day sometimes, so I doubt that I’m lactose intolerant. That and peanut butter is how I get my calories.

[quote]Artem wrote:
3-4 cups doesn’t seem like that much. I can easily do that in like a minute when it’s not after a workout. I drink up to a gallon a day sometimes, so I doubt that I’m lactose intolerant. That and peanut butter is how I get my calories.[/quote]

To much stuff to fast, your bodies freaking out so you barf.

OR your sick

OR you are taking to much zinc (I had this happen).

Dude, refridgerate the milk…

Well, I’d say if it is making you sick you might want to try a different approach.

Don’t you have any plain whey protein? Drink that post workout with your creatine and eat something with sugar instead. I recommend fruit snacks, or maybe even some starbursts.