I Think We're Dead

“We made brownies and I think we’re dead, I really do,” Cop calls 911 after eating marijuana brow Marked as: Mature
Dearborn police declined to pursue criminal charges against an officer last year, even after the cop admitted to taking marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, cooking it up in brownies.

Then-Cpl. Edward Sanchez was allowed to resign from the department, but he was not charged with a crime. He declined to comment Wednesday.

His wife, Stacy Sanchez, admitted to police investigators that on another occasion she removed cocaine from her husband’s police cruiser – drugs purportedly earmarked to train police dogs – and used it during a three-week binge. She, too, has not been charged criminally. Dearborn Police Cmdr. Jeff Geisinger left a phone message with Free Press reporting partner WDIV-TV Local 4 saying Sanchez resigned during an internal investigation. Geisinger did not return subsequent calls asking why Sanchez was not prosecuted.

The decision not to charge Sanchez upset Dearborn Councilman Doug Thomas, who said the department’s inaction sends the wrong message to the public.

“If you’re a cop and you’re arresting people and you’re confiscating the marijuana and keeping it yourself, that’s bad. That’s real bad. That’s like apprehending a bank robber and keeping some of the money for yourself.”

He promised to investigate.

“It doesn’t add up here,” Thomas said. “If he was allowed to resign with no action, he can apply for another police position. There’s all kinds of ramifications.”

The department’s investigation began with a bizarre 911 call from Sanchez’s home in Dearborn Heights. On the night of April 21, 2006, a panicky Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

“I think we’re dying,” he said in the 5-minute tape, obtained under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act.

“We made brownies and I think we’re dead, I really do,” Sanchez continued.

lol hilarious… you cant die from too much bud… dear god i would be dead by now, me and my roommates 2 years ago would smoke ourselves so high that an solid hour would go by without us saying a word…

i’ve smoked myself asleep many a time

[quote]schultzie wrote:
lol hilarious… you cant die from too much bud… dear god i would be dead by now, me and my roommates 2 years ago would smoke ourselves so high that an solid hour would go by without us saying a word…

i’ve smoked myself asleep many a time[/quote]

Those smoke outs are the best. But after like half an hour you wonder if what you recognize as just thoughts in your head are actually making it out of your mouth and it freaks you out a little bit because you aren’t really sure and don’t want to ask just in case.

They were basically stealing drugs from people/department and using them and they haven’t been charged?

What the fuck?

I could almost understand if it were a single incident of really bad judgment, but it really doesn’t sound like it is.

That Sanchez sounds dirty