T Nation

I Think My Country is Finished

I saw these 2 videos this morning and it really made me think that this country does not have the will to save itself because too many people here want to be "enlightened" and don't want to see the treat to our survival the these 2 problems cause. Me personlly, I don't care about not admitting the truth in order to not hurt peoples feelings. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLK1Xpc7SMQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=762PtpiBfy4

Actually, what makes your country great is that they enjoy the freedom to walk on its flag in public without fear of government reprisal.

Try doing that in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria or any other other country with a muslim majority and see how long you stay alive with all your parts attached.

Freedom, even when it shocks and pisses off others, is what makes America and other western countries great. Let's not let these fuckers destroy it and bring us down to their level.

It's worth pointing out that in the video, it's always the same 3 or 4 guys who are walking on the flag, not a large community. Let's not judge the vast peaceful majority by the actions of their lunatic fringe; in the same way as most Christians do not deserve to be judged by a Fred Phelps rally.

Yeah, real smooth! What better way to show that you're progressive people interested in living in peace and harmony than to desecrate your nation's flag?

If that's what you're dealing with over there, I can almost empathize with the HH, Tokoya and the others.

One question tough: Why didn't the video show the faces of the perpetrators?

On another note, this shows the ridiculous importance that people heap onto things... when in reality it's merely a symbol of something important, not the important thing itself.

How did it go? The tape didn't show if they got any converts.

I'm no "missionary" but I guess that if they were interested in converting people, they'd set up a coffee and donuts stand, or go do some charity work somewhere. Stepping on a flag and shouting in a foreign tongue is definitely not the way to go.

Yet, a quarter of the millions of Muslims in America are converts, so somebody must be doing something right somewhere.

Nice bridge.

Unacceptable, I'm sure that our founding fathers would not consider this part of the 1st Amendment.

BS. This is EXACTLY what they had in mind. The 1st amendment encompasses everything.

Shouting "FIRE" shouldn't be illegal. Causing the panic should be illegal, and trying to cause a panic should be illegal, but the act of speech itself should be protected.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Don't think so.

Yes.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Beat me to it. But since I've alrady got it copied...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. �?? That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, �?? That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Holy Moly. Vroom, you hit it right on the mark. It's a piece of cloth, fer krissakes. Ooh, it's got colors and patterns. It waves in the breeze across a whole country. It's saluted at; it's pledged to. It is not the physical embodiment of the spirit that is the USA.

You bought it. If you want to burn it or step all over it or wipe your ass with it... it's your money, fool.

The treatment that a flag gets should not incense those that pay it homage. This would actually create more individuals wishing to incite anger and military retribution. Because that's what they want. They want to be paid attention.

They want to be big and important enough for anyone to actually care. If no one watched, would they do it? No. See it for what it is. An insignificant child acting out for attention.

I'm gonna kind multi qoute what some of you guys said.

What really worries me about this stuff is that our border with Mexico is not secure. Why? Because big business likes cheap labor and because liberals think that we can live in some sort of utopia here in America. What I think alot of them fail to realize is that lots of those immagrants don't really want to "assimalate" into the frame work of the US and want to be little countries within this county (an example of this foreigners who have lived here for longer than 2 years but don't speak english because they dont WANT to). However they love the free health care, food stamps, and education.

Secondly, I'm no expert on the subject but the way I see it Islam really isnt compatible with anything except Islam. I don't see any Muslim outcry for any of the attacks that have been made in the name of radical Islam. As a matter of fact I remember watching 60 Minutes a couple years ago and they did a thing about a Muslim school in NY city. Two girls were asked if the emir of the school told them to starp bombs to themselves and blow up a military base would they do it. They said yes. That just on example and I could go on and on but I'm not gonna. The long and short of is.... at least in my view is the Islam is not tolerante of anything other than sharia.

So all you liberals out there that like smokin weed, drinking, having sex with women you arent married to need to wake up and realize that radical Islam is here, radical Islam is trying to take over your country and if they do all the rights that you enjoy will be taken from you. If what I said isnt enough try to imagine Jenna Jameson in a burqa.

Oh no. The sky is falling.

We cannot let the smoking gun come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

I aslo forgot to add the fact that radical Islamist are sneaking across the Mexican border, so these two social issues are tied directly to each other. Google the gang MS-13.

You just proved my point for me. People like you make fun of people who point out what is is plain site, even though the threat is very real. One day more and you will figure out, my only fear is that by the time you do you'll be swearing on the Quran against your will.