I think I'm being stalked, I need serious help.

I’m not sure who’s doing it. A few weeks ago I posted about someone claiming to know me from my home town even though I had never heard of them, and their story was full of holes. Then last week I get 4 calls from a restricted number that leaves no messages, all while I was out doing laundry.

THEN today I get 3 more calls with no messages while I was at the gym. Now, there’s some shit happening with my grad school, apparently someone made an ‘anonymous’ complaint about me back in december of 07, via phone. The shit they said was pretty weird in the sense that it was completely illogical.

They never came in, or identified themselves, and until YESTERDAY my school neglected to tell me. So basically someone could’ve had it in for me for about 6 fucking months and they never told me.

THEN I come home today and my back door is fucking cracked. All my shit is still here, and so is my room mates…but still. I think I have to go to the police station today and file a report. I’m thinking I should get a firearms permit too.

I need help guys…wtf should I do? I’m sitting at my desk with a fucking steak knife. I need something that fires shells.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
I need something that fires shells. [/quote]

Mario? well. sorta.

that’s not good.

Stop by the police station on your way home and tell them your suspicions. If it doesn’t help, it can’t hurt.

I think you are being overly paranoid. Connecting an incident that happened 6 months ago with something that happened a week ago on the basis that both events contained an anonymous element?

There are more solid explanations that do not involve stalkers than there are that do.

As for the back-door. You said you had a roommate, has it never happened before that the door was not properly closed? Heck, the back door to my place is cracked open right now.

But, to be safe, You should think long and hard about the people you have come into contact with in the last year and try and determine if any of them would have any conceivable reasons to be harassing or stalking you.

Consult with your friends to try and determine if it was them calling you. Ask your roommate if anyone has been by the house while you’ve been out, or if anyone has called his phone anonymously.

Okay, I’m thinking…I’ve fired guns before, but that was more for target practice / fun. What handgun would you guys recommend for personal defense? I’m thinking something that I can get several rapid fire shots off without too much recoil, but that still does enough damage to put whoever’s coming at me down.

Actually fuck it. I don’t want a gun. I just want this to go away. I have parents that love me, and a best friend that I care about and love, and am so lucky to have met her. I don’t want violence. I just want this to end.

Who was this person who claimed they knew you? Did you meet them in person, or on the phone? What did this person say? Why would this make you feel like you are being stalked?

[quote]Zelazo wrote:
Stop by the police station on your way home and tell them your suspicions. If it doesn’t help, it can’t hurt.[/quote]

Probably the best advise. This way, you’d have a paper trail if anything is up.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
Okay, I’m thinking…I’ve fired guns before, but that was more for target practice / fun. What handgun would you guys recommend for personal defense? I’m thinking something that I can get several rapid fire shots off without too much recoil, but that still does enough damage to put whoever’s coming at me down.

Actually fuck it. I don’t want a gun. I just want this to go away. I have parents that love me, and a best friend that I care about and love, and am so lucky to have met her. I don’t want violence. I just want this to end. [/quote]

was ur door cracked open or like cracked as in someone was trying to kick it down?

I would get a good knife and get some pad locks + file a police report

The other thing you need to do is calm down. You are starting to you sound increasingly irrational.

No event that has occurred(By your description of events) gives any indication that someone is out to hurt you. Even if there was someone ‘stalking’ you, what reason would they have?

Here’s the post I made about the phone call from the random girl.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2127179

OK, so today I finally get some closure on a harassment case against these two older women at my internship. Long story, no need to post the whole thing here. Let’s just say I had nothing to do with these two people, and they were waaaay too focused on me. So it’s been dragging on for weeks, and it finally ends today.

So I’m at home and just before midnight I get a call from a restricted number on my cell phone. It’s a girl and she says something like “hey it’s nicole I met you at skybar a couple weeks ago in Springfield”. She then goes on to say that I gave her my number and name and she was just calling to see if I wanted to hang out or hook up, and that she remembers me as being really hot.

The only problem is I haven’t been to Springfield in a year, it’s on the opposite side of the state from me. She then says that she’s a medical coder or something at a hospital in Springfield.

I tell her that I haven’t been anywhere near the town she said she saw me in, in about a year. So I ask her where she lives, and she coincidentally names my hometown. She then names a street that doesn’t exist in that town. I even map-quested it and it doesn’t exist.

So I say “are you sure you didn’t get my number from a friend or something?” She says no, she even remembers me, I was about 5 10, dark hair…distinctive looking she says…I ask how I look distinctive…she says that I have really full lips (which is true), and that I use a lot of tongue when I kiss (which is NOT true, quite the opposite actually, except for when I’m drunk). So we’re at defcon-1 for creepiness at this point…

I’m sketched out, so I ask if she has a myspace or facebook, since she’s 19 or 20. I tell her I’ll email her my link (basically I wanted to get an email address out of her to see if I could find out who this creep is).

She gives me an email address (I later figure out it’s fake). I then say ‘well wait, what’s your name and lemme just search for you on myspace and i’ll add you’ she gives me her last name, and of course I come up empty when i search on myspace later. Google also turns up nothing on this girl at all.

Now here’s where it gets REALLY creepy. She claims that I gave her my phone number, which I NEVER do. AND she claims to know my last name.

She was blatantly fishing too…she said “it was something like _____ or ______” both of which were somewhat close approximations of my last name. She sounded like she hoped I would say what it actually was.

Anyway, to wrap up this novel of a post, I told her 'yeah sorry if I sound sketched out…I just finished off a harassment case today against these two ladies at my internship…" and the girl starts asking what the ladies had done, like realllly interested in it.

So now I’m not sure if it was a friend of these ladies or what, but the fact remains I haven’t been to springfield in a year, I NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER give out my last name to people, I don’t even give out my phone number to girls, (I GET girl’s phone numbers), she claims to be from my hometown, yet the street she named doesn’t exist, her name turns up nothing on myspace, and her email address appears to be bogus.

This whole thing is really making me nervous, what should I do? I’m not sure if it’s connected to these ladies from my internship or if it’s just random, but the whole thing creeped me out.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
The other thing you need to do is calm down. You are starting to you sound increasingly irrational.

No event that has occurred(By your description of events) gives any indication that someone is out to hurt you. Even if there was someone ‘stalking’ you, what reason would they have?
[/quote]

Who knows why anyone stalks someone else. I know it sounds paranoid, but it just seems all too coincidental to me.

Because you should want to try and figure out if this is a person you know, or recently came in contact with. Identifying who this person is should be a high priority, after making sure your house is secure and your friends are informed.

I had a stalker. He moved on. Now he’s stalking the girl he went out with after me. So she’s frantically e-mailing me. (Did I trade one for a new one?)

A firearm can be used against you - only get one if you’re absolutely CERTAIN that you are willing to use it, know how to use it, and can live with that - all while knowing that if it escalates to that point, it can & will be used against you if given the opportunity.

I’m just sayin’ - only pick up a weapon that you are willing to have used against you if the tables turn.

A reasonable alternative for $10 is pepper spray.

File a report; hope it helps.

Good luck,

Renee

I actually like the pepper spray idea!

[quote]reneeweimer wrote:

A reasonable alternative for $10 is pepper spray.

File a report; hope it helps.

Good luck,

Renee[/quote]

Hey look, common sense!

We’re not in the Wild West anymore, you can’t just shoot people without repercussions.

Your supposed ‘stalker’ has done absolutely nothing to indicate they intend to be violent.

Pepper spray, or a tazer, would be fine ideas if you’re truly worried.

Everyone you’ve mentioned so far has been female. Unless it’s a T-Vixen, I’m sure you can overpower her without a firearm.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Everyone you’ve mentioned so far has been female. Unless it’s a T-Vixen, I’m sure you can overpower her without a firearm.[/quote]

What if it IS a T-Vixen!??!

I’ve calmed down considerably now. I went to the police and filed a report, tomorrow I talk to a detective who will tell me what kind of trap they put on my line or whatever.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Everyone you’ve mentioned so far has been female. Unless it’s a T-Vixen, I’m sure you can overpower her without a firearm.[/quote]

Psycho stalker girls can easily manipulate groups of psycho guys to do their bidding. Who knows what lies she’s telling and then there’s that whole easy poon thing.

OP - Someone else asked this but - What exactly happened with your back door? Was it broken? Do you rent? Probably could petition your landlord to fix it or get a sturdier door.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Everyone you’ve mentioned so far has been female. Unless it’s a T-Vixen, I’m sure you can overpower her without a firearm.

Psycho stalker girls can easily manipulate groups of psycho guys to do their bidding. Who knows what lies she’s telling and then there’s that whole easy poon thing.

OP - Someone else asked this but - What exactly happened with your back door? Was it broken? Do you rent? Probably could petition your landlord to fix it or get a sturdier door.[/quote]

True. I’ll be in my bunk.

Perhaps someone was looking at your profile pictures and got the wrong idea about you.

I don’t know what you went through with the other two ladies, but you seem overly worried to me. I would set up a date with this girl.

Someplace public, like a coffee house in the afternoon. Then you can check her out and see what kind of feeling you get and decide where to go from there. Who knows, maybe she’s a really hot, semi-flaky chick who just doesn’t possess adequate social skills to get a man and is going about it in the wrong way and consequently doesn’t have much experience and needs you to set her on the straight, sexy and narrow.

Or maybe she wants to cut your testicles off with a pair of garden shears while you are sleeping. You’ll never know unless you take that first step.