I Switched from Daily Sub-Q to IM E2D

So I’m technically prescribed 220mg/week Test Cyp to do what I want with. For about the last year I’ve been doing 185mg/week daily sub-q shots which puts my total T at 1950, E2 at 77. I really don’t remember why I started daily sub-q. It just sounded like a good idea at the time. It may sound weird but I preferred the thought of getting it daily. Actually I remember now, it was the theory that daily shots keep E2 lower (was subscribed at the time to high E2 = immediate death).

Doing daily sub-q shots has been fine. Not bad but nothing amazing either. I was doing once a week before that and by day 4 I’d be trying to talk myself into doing another shot early. So daily shots were much better on that respect. Anyways, lately I’ve seen more and more people questioning the effectiveness of not only daily but sub-q. I read where someone stated that they preferred IM because they got a rush that they didn’t get from doing sub-q.

So a little over a week ago I decided to try not only IM but doing it every 2 days (vs daily) and I’m here to report that it has been absolutely awesome. It’s almost like a mild opiate effect. I feel more energy and in a better mood. I’m aware this could possibly be short lived and once my body gets used to the new protocol these new positives could wear off but I definitely didn’t get this feeling when starting daily sub-q shots.

I use a 30g 1/2 inch easy touch 1ml insulin syringe (same thing I used for sub-q) but do the IM shot in the delt. It was as easy as sub-q and totally painless. I’ll update this if anything changes but figured I’d share my experience. So far I’m very happy with the change.

Has anyone else gone from sub-q to IM (or vice versa) and what has your experience been?

1 Like

I didn’t feel good injecting sub-Q, IM always provided a better feeling. You know high testosterone isn’t always better, you could possibly feel better on less testosterone.

Balance not excess should be your goal.

1 Like

Yeah I know I’m switching jobs, cities, gf’s and moving all at once so once I get settled I’ll consider going lower. I do feel pretty good though.

2 Likes

On EOD shots I felt mentally my best. Better speaking and cognitive ability. Better mood too.

1 Like

I didn’t notice any difference at all going from IM to sub-Q. I would throw this out there though, switching to EOD means a bigger dose at once. What happens if you do sub-q EOD or twice a week? I never get a “rush” anyway, it doesn’t really matter for me.

1 Like

I thought of that too but I also have done sub-q EOD before I went to daily (albeit was only for a couple weeks) but I didn’t feel anything.

1 Like

That answers that then. How much fat do you have? I wonder if that makes a difference?

1 Like

I’m not fat but I’ve got enough for easy sub-q. I feel like IM utilizes the test better for me (so far). Even the day after the shot I feel just as good. Just a better sense of well-being than when on sub-q.

1 Like

I went to im from subq. I did feel it more on im when I injected. Hct went up close to 50 and hgb high end of normal too. I think I developed a big belly on im. Am thinking I don’t handle the e2 and free t spikes well.

I went back to Subq to see if my belly goes back down.
Am not on trt to feel a rush. I just want to be very stable. My libido is fine. I want sex everyday.

Did you ever try to inject more once in a while on sub q. I do that sometimes.

You can also inject less onec in a while. These changes in hormone levels usually produce a libido burst.
Like if you normally inject 60 2x. You would do 60/60 one week then 70/70 60/60 50/60.

My main goal is stable levels so I rarely do this now.

2 Likes

Yeah I did try varying it by 15mg every other week for a while but didn’t notice anything. I think I read that’s what physiolojik does so I tried it. I’m very curious what results you get with the weight fluctuation between IM and sub-q so definitely post an update on what you find. I’m in weight loss mode myself so that would be good to know.

I get the point about going for stable vs a rush but it’s more of the fact I feel better on IM. I’m definitely not 100% sold on it though since it’s only been a week. It could definitely just be a change in protocol bringing on a short-lived honeymoon phase. We’ll see though. I’ve definitely realized that with TRT you have to find what works for you so I’m always looking for the ideal protocol.

1 Like

I switched from IM EOD to subq daily. Subq is far better than IM. Mood swings are very minimal and energy levels are constant everyday. Recovery is quiet fast after gym. I am on TRT since 2yrs, and have tried all protocols. Daily subq is best.
Now doing 25mg of TE subq daily.

1 Like