I Suck and I Love it!!!

I have been reading a lot about vertical jump and am thinking about start working on mine.

I am 37 yo, 190, 11%bf been playing volleyball since 13 back after 7 years out due to injury bla bla bla. BUt mostly in Brazil where I didn’t have access to a gym therefore I never did a strength program for my legs.

Yesterday I tested my ATG squat = 206lbs and today I tested my jump at the end of a plyo session = 21in.

These numbers are quite pathetic what makes me believe that here is a lot of space for improvement.

My season finishes in 2 weeks and my off season (20 weeks) goals are:

• drop body fat down to 8 or 9%
  • spend the first month doing NO impact and letting everything heal
  • squat, jump, rest repeat.

Discuss please…

As of right now, YOU NEED TO RAISE YOUR SQUAT POUNDAGE! I weigh the same as you, and I’m fatter, I have no muscle… and as pathetic as I am, I am assuming that I probably have a higher vertical jump than you. Way back when i was a freshman, I had about a 20 inch vertical jump… My squat was weak back then, and God knows how high I can jump now.

No squat = no progress.

My suggestion? Either westside training style or some program that is olympic weightlifting oriented. That should be enough to raise both your max strength and speed strength.

As of right now, I’d say FORGET ABOUT YOUR PHYSIQUE AND START FOCUSING MORE ON RAISING POUNDAGE.

That’s precisely what excites me so much!

I see a whole lot of range for improvement, that’s just a matter of deciding what type of strength program to do and the rest will follow.

And I i will not forget about my physique in general.

WS4SB 3.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
WS4SB 3.[/quote]

x2

[quote]warlock wrote:
That’s precisely what excites me so much!

I see a whole lot of range for improvement, that’s just a matter of deciding what type of strength program to do and the rest will follow.

And I i will not forget about my physique in general.[/quote]

I admire your positive thinking.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
DF85 wrote:
WS4SB 3.

x2[/quote]

x3