I Smashed My Collar!

No gruesome pics of broken bones or anything, but I need help.
I won’t bore you with what stupid fucking thing I did that led to a broken collar, but I need to replace the pair and I cannot find these specific collars anywhere.

Can anyone help with where I might be able to buy these?

A healthy one.

Do you have a brand and/or model identifier for it?

Duke : Wate-man sales in Michigan. Google their website. You dropped a 45 on that sucker, didn’t you ?
-Magyar

You cant do that. You have to tell us how much of a dumbass you were! :slight_smile:

Vroom, no identifying marks on them at all I’m afraid.

Magyar, PGA200X, thanks for the site, but it doesn’t have the collars.

Let’s just say it has something to do with my mind being on something else and the process of unloading the bar.
There’s also a hole in the wall and the concrete floor. Hmmm.

I have the Boa Grip collars. They work very well and are very light.

http://www.megafitness.com/raw0052.html

[quote]duke wrote:
Let’s just say it has something to do with my mind being on something else and the process of unloading the bar.
There’s also a hole in the wall and the concrete floor. Hmmm.
[/quote]

You liberated one side and anarchy ensued? Tsk.

Poetically accurate Vroom.
The moral - don’t think about share trading whilst in session.

They look like the cheapo chinese cast iron collars. Probably why it broke - cast iron is brittle. Should be able to get another one just about anywhere they sell Oly bars/weights.

huh, just the other night I popped my collar… that was a mistake too.

Yeah, they probably are cheapies, I have no idea but I agree cast iron can be brittle.

However, they aren’t mine. I’m “looking after” this set until my mate can get room in his garage to get his gym set up. It’s been in my garage for more than 5 years now, but still, I’m obligated to replace them, as I broke them. I may just get the Ivanko Olympic one’s, they look better, but it’s up to the owner to decide.

I found a place in Queensland Australia that imports them, but bloody hell it took a lot of googling and surfing to get there.

Duke, sorry about the bad lead. I bought those type of collars at their retail store so I assumed that they had them on their web store. Man, I have seen those types of collars everywhere. If you still can’t find them locally, pm me.

I live about 10 minutes from Wate-man and they have a whole back section of “oly stuff” that isn’t on their site. I’ll try n check there tomorrow. I’ll print a picture of this one and see if they have one.

–Tiribulus->

[quote]duke wrote:
Poetically accurate Vroom.
The moral - don’t think about share trading whilst in session.[/quote]

Good God man, I hope that’s not carved in stone because I’ll never be able to train again. Maybe thinking about trading while trading and training while training will be a good start…nah, can’t do it.