I Set Off the Lunk Alarm

Dom815 you may have set off the “lunk alarm”, but at least you weren’t asked to leave and not return for doing kicks and shadow boxing in the “aerobics room”. At first I thought they were kidding me, until they told me it made the female patrons feel threatened. They had received complaints… LOL

Explanation of the Lunk Alarm
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2625096&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

This is directly off of Planet Fitness’s webpage:

"Fun Facts!
We give away 35000 free t-shirts every month!

Have you seen PF’s famous candy jars filled with purple and traditional Tootsie Rolls?? We go through over 750,000 each month!

On Pizza Nights (the first Monday of every month) we go through 3000 pizzas. That’s 24000 slices per year!

The second Tuesday of every month we serve up free bagels to our club members! Come on by and get your own!

Only at PF!"

planetfitness.com/testimonials.asp?s=1009
planetfitness.com/fun.asp?s=1009

Pathetic.

Edit:
Video about the lunk alarm, you’ll probably notice right away the type of people complaining about the grunting and the biased journalism. Enjoy.

MSN??g=8eb2181a-ab14-461a-992a-2b0f73b675d1&t=c150&f=06/64&p=source_todayshow&fg=&gt1=9033

Sign me up! I want free pizza and bagels

Hooollllyyyy faaaaak…

I just watched the vid…WOW!!!..I read about this a while back, but the vid makes it so much better.

Don’t think I have to worry about ever going there.

About 2:40 in the video… That guy doing… Curls?

Is that just an exercise I don’t know of?

I really like the hypocrisy of calling people who actually lift “lunks” while in the so-called confines of a “judgement free zone.”

SIGN ME UP, BABY!

Can’t WAIT for a “Planet Fitness” to come to our town!

(…right…!)

Mufasa

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:

Is that just an exercise I don’t know of?[/quote]

My guess is he was attempting a Gironda DB Swing

http://beta.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1578184&cr=

Found on this page after the picture of the iron cross feat, bottom of the page.

I wonder if the lunk alarm would go off if a dumbbell accidentally went through a mirror or window.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I wonder if the lunk alarm would go off if a dumbbell accidentally went through a mirror or window. [/quote]

You could always claim the DB was too heavy and made you feel weak, therefore it was being a lunk.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

Is that just an exercise I don’t know of?

My guess is he was attempting a Gironda DB Swing

http://beta.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1578184&cr=

Found on this page after the picture of the iron cross feat, bottom of the page. [/quote]

HE? What the fuck is HE wearing?

This just set off my fuck-that-shit alarm. Can we effectively boycott that place? Did anyone notice all the met-sexes in their ads?

Why did you give money to a shithole like that to start with?

www.planetfitness.com/

It’s like The Joker retired from his life of crime to start a franchise of “gyms” where fat women could sit on machines and read magazines for two hours a day.

Wow. How bad does your Attention Deficit Disorder have to be if you can’t slide your feet back and forth on an elliptical machine because the grunting is “distracting” you?

I could see wanting to minimize distraction if people were there to study for their MCATs, but damn, it’s a gym. No workout noises? That’s crazy.

meangenes:

If “Planet Fitness” wants to see distracting…send them your AVATAR!

LOL!

I think they went to the opposite extreme. Meatheads yelling, spitting, screaming and throwing and dropping weights is not only distracting; but expensive to a gym owner in the form or broken equipment and lost members.

But again; this just went WAY beyond that…

Mufasa

If you told me this story, and then asked for $10,000 is it a lie or truth, I would say lie.

WHAT THE FARK?

and they give away pizza???

we’ve got a similar gym chain over here called Kentucky Fried Chicken. Instead of monthly, you pay each visit, and you get free fried chicken. You get a better workout than at PF though.

Wow,that must have been embarrassing.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Why did you give money to a shithole like that to start with?[/quote]

Probably because it’s $10 a month, so I guess for the price is the reason people sign up.

But they probably use the member’s monthly membership fees to buy all the pizza, bagels, and tootsie rolls, and say it’s ‘free’ for members.

“Do not approach the grunter; you don’t know who you’re dealing with.”

Fantastic.