I Set Off the Lunk Alarm

So tonight I set off the lunk alarm at planet fitness for doing deadlifts, not even heavy weights. Got in an argument with the manager and made him refund my membership. It was pretty funny.

how heavy were they?

[quote]MikiB wrote:
how heavy were they?[/quote]

[quote]dom815 wrote:
So tonight I set off the lunk alarm at planet fitness for doing deadlifts, not even heavy weights. Got in an argument with the manager and made him refund my membership. It was pretty funny.[/quote]

What the hell is a lunk alarm??

:slight_smile:

[quote]Xylene wrote:
dom815 wrote:
So tonight I set off the lunk alarm at planet fitness for doing deadlifts, not even heavy weights. Got in an argument with the manager and made him refund my membership. It was pretty funny.

:)[/quote]

Yah, what’s a lunk alarm?

[quote]Blush wrote:
Xylene wrote:
dom815 wrote:

Yah, what’s a lunk alarm?

[/quote]

Look up Planet Fitness and you’ll see.

Basically if you do anything associated with actual lifting some tard reports you and you get the boot. (Grunting, dropping weights) and didn’t a large chain of gyms also ban certain lifts like the squat and deadlift? It might have been them, I’m not sure.

That seems stupid.

[quote]Blush wrote:
That seems stupid.[/quote]

It is. God forbid that you, like, sweat or breathe hard, or even (gulp) do difficult exercises and make a bit of clanging.

[quote]dom815 wrote:
So tonight I set off the lunk alarm at planet fitness for doing deadlifts, not even heavy weights. Got in an argument with the manager and made him refund my membership. It was pretty funny.[/quote]

What did he say his reasoning was?

WTF?? That shit is retarded.

Anyone that sets off the lunk alarm is probably someone that that just started going to the gym and will stop going in about 3 weeks.

What is up their “Judgment Free” bullshit?

Sounds like a bunch of “feel good” rules and regulations.
They don’t ACTUALLY help, just give the illusion.

[quote]Xylene wrote:
WTF?? That shit is retarded.

Anyone that sets off the lunk alarm is probably someone that that just started going to the gym and will stop going in about 3 weeks.

What is up their “Judgment Free” bullshit?

Sounds like a bunch of “feel good” rules and regulations.
They don’t ACTUALLY help, just give the illusion.

:)[/quote]

It’s a shelter for those that want to go to the gym, but don’t want to really push themselves and are threatened and embarrased by those that do. They are typically ones that workout just to say they workout.

[quote]Sliver wrote:
Basically if you do anything associated with actual lifting some tard reports you and you get the boot. (Grunting, dropping weights) and didn’t a large chain of gyms also ban certain lifts like the squat and deadlift? It might have been them, I’m not sure.[/quote]

Yeah apparently the whole “judgement free” thing is a bit of a misnomer…

They also offer free Tootsie Rolls, Pizza Night (first Monday of each month), and free bagels (second Tuesday of every month).

And that’s something they are proud of.

one of the gyms i go to (not my favorite) has no barbells (except maybe the piece of shit smith machine if you count that as a barbell) no squat rack or power rack, but more machines than you can shake a stick at and they have just started offering a full day english breakfast, WTF!. oh and there is only a max 150kg of weights for the smith machine and the max dumb bell is 35kg.

i only go there cos my GF likes it.

[quote]wukey wrote:
one of the gyms i go to (not my favorite) has no barbells (except maybe the piece of shit smith machine if you count that as a barbell) no squat rack or power rack, but more machines than you can shake a stick at and they have just started offering a full day english breakfast, WTF!. oh and there is only a max 150kg of weights for the smith machine and the max dumb bell is 35kg.

i only go there cos my GF likes it.[/quote]

Grow some, would ya?

[quote]wukey wrote:

So how the hell do you get a workout in? Lifting a muffin ain’t helping ya.

Btw to the OP, the title of “lunk alarm” made me laugh and my boss just asked if I was still here. Apparently he wanted me to start my vacation 2hrs early, so on that note, off to the beach!!

There was thread on this a few months back because there was some story on one of the Good Morning shows and the bubble head bleach blonde was saying how great that was she can’t stand those big sweaty guys grunting and stuff.

[quote]Body Hammer wrote:
Sliver wrote:
Basically if you do anything associated with actual lifting some tard reports you and you get the boot. (Grunting, dropping weights) and didn’t a large chain of gyms also ban certain lifts like the squat and deadlift? It might have been them, I’m not sure.

Yeah apparently the whole “judgement free” thing is a bit of a misnomer…
[/quote]

It always is.

[quote]wukey wrote:

So when are you going to stop going to this piece of shit gym and start going to a proper gym?