105-2
115-1 signals
121-2x1 signals

115-4 tng

BB row
95-3x8

Ring leg raise
3x10

We trained at home again. It’s nice to have our own stuff to use.

I’ve been moving along on my deadlift jack. I was at the point at which I just had to add the sleeve for the handle. The handle will be in two pieces so it’s easier to store. The welded piece is a metal sleeve and a 3’ length of rebar just slides in as a lever. It can pull in and out so it’s not a weird shape. That’s something I’ve noticed about most jacks is storage issues. Anyway, we were testing the height and it’s too high. The higher you have to jack the bar, the longer the handle needed and the more weight you have to move. That’s something I don’t like about one of the small rogue jacks. Now I have to cut the legs off the bottom. If I put them on the end of the cross piece rather than the bottom, the height should be good. All you really need is to move the bar marginally off the floor so there’s enough room to slide a plate on. The challenge will be cutting through the welds without removing too much. I have a couple of cutting blades but my skill… Who knows. If it doesn’t work like that, I’ll grind the legs shorter and put them back on the bottom. For ugly looking welds, they’re fairly strong. I went to Princess Auto today and bought a pack of flap discs. I also finally got a fire extinguisher :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll have no problem cutting the legs. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product in action!

That is so stupid! Its shocking sometimes when you see evidence of how some people REALLY feel …no thanks!

I was very angry and sat on it for a few days. Frank and I have decided not to return to the gym. We haven’t returned since Monday and are walking out on several months worth of fees. We’re speaking with out feet and walking out.

2 Likes

Thanks. This was a good project for my first one because there are a few variables that are helping learn different skills.

1 Like

Week 4 Day 1

Squat
45-10
135-2x3
165-3
190-2x3
205-2x2
175-6

This is the second double at 205. I’m putting the bar a bit higher and my grip wider. My shoulders and elbows feel better but higher reps, like the set of 6 and the bar starts to move down a bit.

Swiss bar bench
45-10
95-4x4

Reverse hyper
150-3x30

super set with

Fall outs
3x10

2 Likes

Week 4 Day 2

Pause Bench
45-10
95-3
110-3x3

Bench tng
110-7

Blox
115-5
125-3
130-2

Squat
45-10
135-3
150-4x5

Single arm DB presses
25-3x10 per side

my right shoulder and elbow are still iffy. Several years ago when it was my left shoulder, these seemed to help.

superset with flies
5-3x12

Reverse hyper
150-50 reps

1 Like

Week 4 Day 3

Sumo deadlift
135-2x5
225-2
245-5x2
I warmed up for these with 3 sets of 10 with the SSB bar. These all felt heavier than they should have. I may have over indulged last night.

SSB squat
140-3
150-4x4

Paused Bench
45-10
95-3
105-2
116-1
121-1

touch and go
115-4

Ring leg raises
3x10

super set with

BO BB rows
95-3x8

I finished my deadlift jact. The welds are lumpy despite aggressive grinding. However, aethetics aside, it’s strong and the balance is great for the job I want it to do.

1 Like

It’s AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!
It’s your first project, if the welds are bumpy so be it. It’s turned out great!
The first rebar project I done was a cowvoy kneeling at a cross, when i picked it up half of it fell apart…lol
You will have plenty of time to practice making them pretty.

Functional welding for the win!!!

Looks like a child could use that, well balanced, well done.

I may powder coat it to cover some of the lumpiness. We use a company through work and I figure it will cost about $20 and prevent rusting.

I feel a bit sad now that I’m done and am looking for a new project. I get to enjoy some alone time in the shed listening to books and playing around.

I’m quite happy about that. I’ve used many jacks over the years and some just don’t work well because they have to move the bar too far and the lever is too short. The video just shows 225 but we tried to 405 with the same result.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to ask, when you work with rebar, how do you bend and fashion it?

It’s a piece of tubing mounted on a big plate with a nut on top. You wedge the rebar in the nut and slip a pipe over the other end and pull it until you get the bend. I will try to take pucs tomorrow.

1 Like

Is it a hickey bar?

It works! Good job.

No nothing that complicated. I’ll posted pics this evening. I have to go finished these singing trees up. These were a collaborative effort and I can’t stand the evil eyebrows…lol

2 Likes

I don’t love the eyebrows either.

How tall are these trees and how long/tall are the trains you posted earlier? Are they eventually covered with lights? Where are they going?

Frank want’s to know how you curve the metal particularly on the wheels of the train. Is it a series of small bends?

Week 5 Day 1

Squat
45-10
135-2x3
165-3
195-2x3
210-2x2 add belt
185-6 no belt

Swiss bar bench
45-10
95-3,4,5,6

Ring leg raise
3x10

Super set with reverse hyper
240-3x20

Nothing particularly special to report.

I’m searching for new gym projects and have asked Frank for a hickey bar and tap and die set for my birthday. I have a couple of ideas for new items.

The trees are 12 ft tall. The train is about 35 ft long and 14 ft tall. They are covered with rope light. There are controllers that make different circuits light at certain intervals, so the snowflakes will twinkle intermittently. The train is finished, and will shipped to a Christmas park in another town along with the trees.

The wherls are made with a contraption made out of some pulleys and a scissor jack. I hope to go work on a couple of boots today. I will try to get video.
It will be easier to understand.

1 Like