I Saw a Fun Looking Exercise

This looked pretty hardcore and fun, I wonder if it has a name?

a guy was lying flat on the ground under a BB with about 155 lbs on it. He pressed it up like doing a floor press but then held it up and started doing leg raises.

He kept the BB in an isometric hold until he was done with his leg raises.

I think this would be a good candidate for one of those “good things you’ve never tried” type articles

I think it’s called a floor-wiper.

What’s it supposed to do…

It’s an exercise in the 300 workout. Well I guess it works the triceps/chest/shoulder isometrically while working your abs. I personally would not do leg raises with that weight, imagine all the stress on your upper spine.

[quote]Mondy wrote:
It’s an exercise in the 300 workout. Well I guess it works the triceps/chest/shoulder isometrically while working your abs. I personally would not do leg raises with that weight, imagine all the stress on your upper spine.[/quote]

Makes you wonder why no big guy actually does such an exercise, doesn’t it?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Mondy wrote:
It’s an exercise in the 300 workout. Well I guess it works the triceps/chest/shoulder isometrically while working your abs. I personally would not do leg raises with that weight, imagine all the stress on your upper spine.

[/quote]

=O gasp

I’ve seen some kids do this with dumbbells; they didn’t look very impressive.

ya, called a floor wiper. Wouldn’t call it a fun excercise though.
How i do it is load the bar up, lie on the floor, do a barbell pull over your head into the top of the floor press position, and then raise your legs up and to the side, touching the outer plates of either side.
Good excercise for obliques, and help strengthen overall core.

Wipe the floor, obviously!

What’s it supposed to do…
[/quote]

Atrophy man does these in the squat rack after SRCs sometimes.

Yeah, I named a guy in my gym atrophy man. And if anyone even looks at me the wrong way in there I’ll start a fight. Guy needs to do some fucking leg work.

fuckin skanks.

There was a guy in my weightroom who did this, except he put a 30lb db between his feet. He was a pretty solid dude and I think he plays rugby.

IMO, its best done hanging from a pull up bar and called either windshield wipers or ice cream makers.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Atrophy man does these in the squat rack after SRCs sometimes.

Yeah, I named a guy in my gym atrophy man. And if anyone even looks at me the wrong way in there I’ll start a fight. Guy needs to do some fucking leg work.

fuckin skanks.[/quote]

fuckin jagerbombs

that funny i just seen a guy doing these yesterday too

the exercise described doesn’t sound like the 300 workout floor wipers as that has you moving your lower body side to side, rather than doing leg exercises

[quote]theuofh wrote:
There was a guy in my weightroom who did this, except he put a 30lb db between his feet. He was a pretty solid dude and I think he plays rugby.

IMO, its best done hanging from a pull up bar and called either windshield wipers or ice cream makers. [/quote]

I refuse to do any lift that is named “ice cream maker”. AN exercise with a name like that is obviously shit. Il make up a new ab workout and call it peanut butter jelly time, its gonna be good.

Mondy wrote:

[/quote]

Have the OP give this guy time and report back…maybe he’ll pack on 100 lean pounds

[quote]Mondy wrote:
It’s an exercise in the 300 workout. [/quote]

Enough said. Don’t do it.

[quote]Yossarian wrote:
Mondy wrote:
It’s an exercise in the 300 workout.

Enough said. Don’t do it.

[/quote]

That’s a bit of a retarded thing to say, because it is in the 300 workout…they also use pull-ups in the 300 workout, maybe i should drop those too??

How the hell do you lie flat on the ground under a barbell? How skinny do you have to be to pull that off?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How the hell do you lie flat on the ground under a barbell? How skinny do you have to be to pull that off?[/quote]

You don’t physically crawl under the bar!
you lie down with the barbell at your head, reach back, grab it and pull-it over till your in the floor press position.