I Remember When

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I thought pro bodybuilding was actually a career and that pros were financially well-off.
[/quote]
still coming to terms with that[/quote]

Google “bodybuilding took house” to read of a certain pro who lost his home just months after the NY Pro last year (I was there and he did great) for an example. MW and GB are rabble rousing, tabloid style forums but much of what’s posted there is true (and sad). [/quote]

wow, thanks for the share was a good read[/quote]

If you’re not squeamish, I’d also suggest googling some other pros or ex-pros, if interested. Haha![/quote]

That board sounds like a fun read.

What’s a BBD?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I bought Dianabol from a 'roid dealer at 18 years old, took one tablet, got all scared, and sold the rest.
[/quote]
So you aint a natty then?

I remember when Greggs sausage rolls were eighty five percent pork now its only seventeen percent

[quote]steven alex wrote:
I remember when Greggs sausage rolls were eighty five percent pork now its only seventeen percent[/quote]

What? You gotta be kidding me?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I bought Dianabol from a 'roid dealer at 18 years old, took one tablet, got all scared, and sold the rest.
[/quote]
So you aint a natty then?[/quote]

One day assisted.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

I remember when Greggs sausage rolls were eighty five percent pork now its only seventeen percent[/quote]

What? You gotta be kidding me? [/quote]
Yeah RATTLE I was joking, its one hundred percent pork that comes directly from The Queens own free roaming truffle snuffling stock of pigs in Windsor. I would never bash Greggs as its a Newcastle success story just like our all conquering football team.

like our all conquering football team.[/quote]

lulz

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

lulz[/quote]
Rangers fan?

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

lulz[/quote]
Rangers fan?[/quote]

No, although I dont think anyone can describe themselves as a Rangers fan anymore technically.

-used to take zinc postworkout thinking it would raise my test and make me a beast
-I thought one fried egg postworkout was enough
-i used to jog to the gym, lift (wuss weights), and jog back home and wonder where my gains were
-not benching at all because I read it wasn’t functional and believed it
-deadlifting 185lb with a belt and horrendous form and thinking I was a beast
-walking my squats out forward
-I felt superior to those who didn’t lift
-I had to hide my supps from my parents
-being so dissapointed when I realised I can’t get the strength and size pros have without roids
-Benching 135lb for the first time :')
-having squats workouts that consisted of squatting 135lbs-155lbs for reps between 8-12 for HOURS then going home and eating like crap

I remember:
-Buying a 40 lbs Sack of Weider MegaMass 2000 and thinking my body was going to magically turn all the calories into muscle
-Hiding my Vanadyl Sulfate from my mother for fear that I was going to get in trouble for taking drugs
-Thinking Boron and Dibencozide (look it up -lol) would jack up my Testosterone levels and I’d get hyooge
-Trying to get as strong as humanly possible, even if for one poorly executed repetition, thinking it would translate into size
-Getting pinned under a heavy squat during my 2nd year lifting, which wouldn’t have been bad, but it made a hell of a lot of noise and everyone turned to see what happened (it wasn’t even a lot of weight, but I went for that one last rep)
-Meeting my first IFBB Pro, and taking his “you gotta eat a lot” as the be all end all of building more muscles
-Practicing my best Ahnold impersonation because it helped get me ‘in the zone’
-Seeing the ‘big guys’ in the gym, who in hindsight weren’t the most muscular guys just simply big, and thinking that they knew everything about training and diet (usually they ended up knowing very little)
-Cutting the sleeves of my first Golds Gym t-shirt because damnit my pipes were looking swole
-Deciding to enter my first bodybuilding competition, and because I could already see my abs fairly well and had some visible veins at 205 lbs, thinking that I’d honestly be 190 lbs shredded onstage

S

I remember when…
-My goal was to have visible veins in my biceps, and visible abs, and that was it
-I took protein powder for the first time when I was 18, felt like I’d gone to the “dark side”
-Same basic idea as above, but with creatine
-I thought I was a beast the first time I maxed out on DL and hit 365
-I weighed 165, and I was told if I got any bigger, I’d be too big…and I sort of believed it
-Benching 100 lbs for 10 reps a couple times (which was about to failure) before playing basketball, because I thought it would make my aim better by making the ball feel lighter (???)
-Thinking getting bigger and stronger would make up for bad conversational skills with ladies
-Running 5-6x per week, lifting 3-4x per week, believing the lifting would build mass, and the running would make me cut, all at once.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

-Thinking getting bigger and stronger would make up for bad conversational skills with ladies
[/quote]

Same here, and then wondered why I wasn’t fighting chicks off with a stick after I got some muscles. Well, most likely that was because of my horrible self image and self deprecation when I was younger, but I can relate. When I look back on it, I once went through a phase where I had more dates than ever when I went through a six month period when I was hardly training and unemployed. Go figure.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I thought pro bodybuilding was actually a career and that pros were financially well-off.
[/quote]
still coming to terms with that[/quote]

Google “bodybuilding took house” to read of a certain pro who lost his home just months after the NY Pro last year (I was there and he did great) for an example. MW and GB are rabble rousing, tabloid style forums but much of what’s posted there is true (and sad). [/quote]

wow, thanks for the share was a good read[/quote]

If you’re not squeamish, I’d also suggest googling some other pros or ex-pros, if interested. Haha![/quote]

That board sounds like a fun read.

What’s a BBD?[/quote]

According to another website:

BBD (adj.) BodyBuilding Douche; Those who take their protein intake, their next workout, how to score their next bottle of Deca so seriously they let the rest of their lives go to hell. Often can be found wearing Ed Hardy and posting on Rx or MD. Get star struck when they see a card carrying IFBB Pro. The BBB usually thinks they are one DC offseason and intra-workout concotion away from then forking out $800 to hire Shelby Starnes to “do their diet” in turn to do “damage” at some rinky dink no-name NPC pageant that nobody cares about.

When I thought I was huuuge but actually just had a 37 inch waist lmao

When I thought taking every single supplement was the key to gainss

When I thought cardio was stupid, now I actually enjoy it, it lowers your blood pressure and resting heart rate

When I thought lifting heavy was the key and would injure myself every few weeks

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
hahaha yes

from 2007 - 2012 I trained/dieted on and off and made close to 0 progress. Last week I found my old training log - this picture was in the word doc, captioned: “I have a bit more detail than that but the lighting was horrible”[/quote]
mine is about the same but I keep getting fatter!!

I remember when I decided to get serious about my diet and to post on my workouts and food in a log on his site… that day was today… On serious note I remember when I was 275 could bench 345 squat 500 and ran 3 miles everyday… Now I am 350 and not even that strong… my training log is “revenge of the krumms”

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[/quote]

Same here, and then wondered why I wasn’t fighting chicks off with a stick after I got some muscles. Well, most likely that was because of my horrible self image and self deprecation when I was younger, but I can relate. When I look back on it, I once went through a phase where I had more dates than ever when I went through a six month period when I was hardly training and unemployed. Go figure. [/quote]

I too thought this would be the case.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
According to another website:

BBD (adj.) BodyBuilding Douche; Those who take their protein intake, their next workout, how to score their next bottle of Deca so seriously they let the rest of their lives go to hell. Often can be found wearing Ed Hardy and posting on Rx or MD. Get star struck when they see a card carrying IFBB Pro. The BBB usually thinks they are one DC offseason and intra-workout concotion away from then forking out $800 to hire Shelby Starnes to “do their diet” in turn to do “damage” at some rinky dink no-name NPC pageant that nobody cares about.
[/quote]

Wow that’s great. Of course living on the East coast (specifically Long Island, just a lil bit from the famous Bev’s Gym) I’ve never met anyone like that -lol.

S

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
-used to take zinc postworkout thinking it would raise my test and make me a beast[/quote]I actually do that.
A dose of ZMA right after my workout.
Helps me relax.
45’ later I eat/drink whatever’s on the menu…