I Prefer the Old Forums

Theres a lot to like about the new forums, in my opinion:

• The fact that the forum remembers which post you were on and you can just jump right back in to where you were

• The quote function is nice, although it doesnt “play nice” with way older posts that were quoted on the old forum software, so those are very hard to read some times

• Submitting pics is very easy

• Clicking on a coaches profile to read their posts is easy (I like to read CT’s stuff sometimes)

• Tagging people

The old forums color scheme was brilliant (although as others have pointed out you can get a plugin to go black, which I have) and some people liked the pages layout instead of the infinity scroll. I cant really think of anything notable that the older forums did “better” than the new ones personally.

1 Like

I’ve only known the forum in its current iteration and it’s a little different than ones I’ve been a part of before, but now I really appreciate the functionality.

Might not be a popular opinion, but I’m glad the forum has a pretty light/bright theme. The light text on dark background thing gives my eyes fits.

Don’t we all prefer the old one? :confused:

Seeing as how you’re another guy who’s posted:
25 times in 2013
Zero times in 2014
Zero times in 2015
Zero times in 2016
Zero times in 2017
Zero times in 2018
And 7 times in the last month.

Sorry, man, but your opinion on the old forum vs the new carries no weight. You weren’t using the old forum either.

I%20Have%20Receipts

2 Likes

If I get a vote, I’ll take the current iteration, but add SAMA back.

The old version sucked on a mobile.

1 Like

I love how there’s no escaping/bullshitting you

4 Likes

I’m assuming the old layout was the orange/black color scheme they use a lot on the articles? I really enjoy it. I’ve actually made it a habit of mine to convert my excel documents in that same scheme for easy reading.

For what it’s worth, at my last job, I took a pole from all of my employees and 31/33 enjoyed it more than black and white. It’s just so easy on the eyes.

You must be a VERY popular boss…

5 Likes

Eh, we were all kids. I was like 21 and they were all in the same age group.

Also, I was a terrible boss, but I was relatable, which had its benefits.

The joke is that this is a pole a another word for rod. Taking a pole from all of your employees is quite different than taking a poll from all of your employees.

1 Like

WHELP

Edit: I posted a hyperlink to a “missing the joke” meme, but I guess I’ll go fuck myself.

4 Likes

I can’t decide if that means they like him or not, haha.

Any hole is a goal, I guess.