I Pay My Dues Every Day. Do You?

Holy crap, I missed Dan.

[quote]Dan McVicker wrote:
OMG SO INTENSE!!!1!

You pay your dues every time you embrace the EZ Curl bar with your padded gloves mussing your gelled hair curling in the squat rack. You pay them every time your legs tremble in anguish squeezing up a ten rep max leg extension. You pay them every time you point at yourself in the mirror, flex and grimace. You pay them every time you choke down another stick of butter and hive of bees at three o’ clock in the afternoon. You pay them every time you stay up late to study the fitness chicks on ESPN. You pay them every time you exert yourself to the max while taking a shit. This is what you pay just so you can post pure TSB. This is membership in the brotherhood of irony. This is a world where nothing is free. Not even stuff that says “no payments for 90 days”. This is mineral. Can you handle it?

Dan “Handling it right now” McVicker [/quote]

“When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: “Have ya paid your dues, Jack?” “Yessir, the check is in the mail.””

Couldn’t resist posting this. Jack Burton paid his dues.

Semper Fidelis

Hey Dan, you forgot to add one more.
You pay them every time Brendan B bends over revealing his big hairy sweaty ass crack to you.

Haha,
B

OMG SO INTENSE!!!1!

You pay your dues every time you embrace the EZ Curl bar with your padded gloves mussing your gelled hair curling in the squat rack. You pay them every time your legs tremble in anguish squeezing up a ten rep max leg extension. You pay them every time you point at yourself in the mirror, flex and grimace. You pay them every time you choke down another stick of butter and hive of bees at three o’ clock in the afternoon. You pay them every time you stay up late to study the fitness chicks on ESPN. You pay them every time you exert yourself to the max while taking a shit. This is what you pay just so you can post pure TSB. This is membership in the brotherhood of irony. This is a world where nothing is free. Not even stuff that says “no payments for 90 days”. This is mineral. Can you handle it?

[quote]Brendan B wrote:
danmaftei wrote:
If all you wanted to say was that you have to push yourself, why in the WORLD did you make your post so godamn drastic? Chugging a protein shake and a can of tuna at 3 AM? Bleeding shins? Puking?

Listen, there is one truth about pushing yourself, and it’s the only thing that I believe: to be the best, you have to tell yourself that you are the best. Page and Clapton looked down on other guitarists (even Hendrix). And they had every reason too. Unless this is a hobby, there is nothing better than egotistical cockiness to motivate you. End of story.

These posts need to stop.

The reason my post was so drastic?
Maybe, to show: commitment, dedication, perseverance, pride, determination.

Now, I am not trying to say you need to go to the gym and set a goal to puke and cut up your shins everyday, but you should be putting forth your best effort and then some. That was the intention of my post; which was, as I said before, apparently missed.

Effort, inside and outside of the gym in most cases, leads to progression.
B

[/quote]

I thought that you were just making fun of BulkingMachine.
It had more merit then than it does now…

OMG SO INTENSE!!!1!

CLASSIC!!!
Thanks for making me laugh. Recently I’ve been reading these BulkingMachine posts and copies from Muscle&Fiction ads and praying that that wasn’t the route that my favorite site was going to take. You just pulled it back from the abyss!!!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go unleash a Franklinstein in the men’s room…

Dude, put things in perspective.

You’re picking up a weight…

Its not as if you’re feeding your family or paying your kids education with it.

OMG SO INTENSE!!!1!

Usually when some-one says ‘LMAO’ it’s just some gay internet expression, but I really mean it this time… laughed my fuckin’ ass off!

[quote]Bastard wrote:
Kim Jong-il wrote:
I think you should spend more time working out than thinking up these crappy primary school poems.
It has the emotional depth of my avatar… not.

Why is everybody so F*CKING stupid?[/quote]

why can’t there be more people like me… i feel so ronery

i can NOT honestry berieve that this guy is such a fucktard.

Herrooowww!! do you think people take you seriousry?? do you know how fuckin busy i am? take your bodybuilding poems and get the F*CK outta here.

Perhaps ve can be ready soon.

Yes, perhaps you can.

My manifesto…
An hour befor entering the gym it begins. A slight twitch at
first, the inconsequential flutter of an eyelash. But it grows.
Here a twitch, there a spasm. Eventually my entire body is
convulsing on the floor. My coworkers ask ‘Are you ok?’
Young women scream at the twisted mass of flesh writhing on the ground.
I don’t need help.
I need weights.
Do not send me to the hospital to dislodge the tongue from my throat.
Send me to the gym.

I am a warrior. Twitch warrior.
My battleground is the gym.
There will be only one survivor. Me.

I inhale protein. Oxygen? Who needs it?
I need something with more calories.
I need THICK air.
High protein, thick air.
So I can grow. Stronger. More dangerous.

I bench. The bar crushes my larynx. I scream. I vomit.

I deadlift.
My shins bleed…but not enough.
So I rub the bar over my shins. Violently. Repeatedly.
Now the blood flows.
Oh yes. The blood flows.

I am a warrior.
I am invincible.

I

have

a

severe

mental

problem

[quote]lesotho72 wrote:
My manifesto…
An hour befor entering the gym it begins. A slight twitch at
first, the inconsequential flutter of an eyelash. But it grows.
Here a twitch, there a spasm. Eventually my entire body is
convulsing on the floor. My coworkers ask ‘Are you ok?’
Young women scream at the twisted mass of flesh writhing on the ground.
I don’t need help.
I need weights.
Do not send me to the hospital to dislodge the tongue from my throat.
Send me to the gym.

I am a warrior. Twitch warrior.
My battleground is the gym.
There will be only one survivor. Me.

I inhale protein. Oxygen? Who needs it?
I need something with more calories.
I need THICK air.
High protein, thick air.
So I can grow. Stronger. More dangerous.

I bench. The bar crushes my larynx. I scream. I vomit.

I deadlift.
My shins bleed…but not enough.
So I rub the bar over my shins. Violently. Repeatedly.
Now the blood flows.
Oh yes. The blood flows.

I am a warrior.
I am invincible.

I

have

a

severe

mental

problem[/quote]

How bout no, you crazy bastard.

I dont know what you expect us to say to that post. probably something like this From Guys: ‘Dude that rocked. What inspiration, what passion, what POWER. I’m gonna write you into my will…hell fuck my sister!’
From Girls: ‘Oooo what primal urges this man must have…i feel sooo horny…i wish he were here to take me now!’

However i shall simply say this: GET LAID

You are an ANIMAL! You shit where you feel like it. You ragdoll raisins because you can. You can’t control your bladder! aAAAHHHHHH! You feel the rage as you write down your lifts in your journal. You don’t use a pen for this, you use a charred chicken bone left over from your 3 AM feeding. You can’t wait to get back to your gym, like your caveman forebears so you can blow snot in the corner and throw the 50 lbs DBs down at the end of your partial rep set of incline presses, rip off your knee wraps and belt and scream as you stare down all the nancy-boys looking at you. And all the while, you know that they know that you’ve paid your dues. Otherwise you wouldn’t have been allowed in.

Rock on animals!
DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
You are an ANIMAL! You shit where you feel like it. You ragdoll raisins because you can. You can’t control your bladder! aAAAHHHHHH! You feel the rage as you write down your lifts in your journal. You don’t use a pen for this, you use a charred chicken bone left over from your 3 AM feeding. You can’t wait to get back to your gym, like your caveman forebears so you can blow snot in the corner and throw the 50 lbs DBs down at the end of your partial rep set of incline presses, rip off your knee wraps and belt and scream as you stare down all the nancy-boys looking at you. And all the while, you know that they know that you’ve paid your dues. Otherwise you wouldn’t have been allowed in.

Rock on animals!
DB[/quote]

That charred chicken bone you speak of is MY PENIS! not appreciated.

lesotho… I can’t hardly breathe while I type this but damn that was incredibly funny.

Whatever works for you dude. Just don’t come to my gym when I’m lifting. I can’t concentrate if you are over there screaming, bleeding and puking everywhere.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
mindeffer01 wrote:
You know Brandon, I think in some few cases you are preaching to the choir. Some of the vets are hardcore, dedicated, and imbued with an intensity that scares some people. To them this kind of thought and action is old hat.

It’s the others that take issue with this that worry me. The guys that hang it up as soon as they sense a twinge of fatigue. They claim that these workouts are too intense, that they might over train. The guys that can’t believe that anybody could achieve a high level of performance without chemicals, because they haven’t pushed enough to realize any results. The “what about these calouses” types. It Never occured to them to bite them off, chew on it a few seconds, then spit it out and grab the bar.

Those are the ones that can’t relate to this type of passion and intensity. They just don’t have it. Some even know just enough to screw themselves too. They are afraid of emotional intensity and make a bunch of excuses. They will never get it.
I bet they screw the same way too. Make it a tedious dispassionate chore, then do it to maintain the fascade of manhood that they were born with, and thats just sad.

So fuck’em! Keep pushing harder. Scare the little pussies so that they whon’t even come near you, and eventualy you will leave them in your dust.
Have fun!

Lame as the original!

Chew your callouses off and spit the out. Yah, that’s right. Now you’ve proved something.
Emotional intensity–I wish you could see me sticking my finger down my throat on that one.
Fascade of manhood–boy you’re just trrying to hit all the high notes now.

How about you just go to the gym and workout.
How about you can the fake scorn bullshit.
How about instead of trying to prove something to everyone around you, you just bust your ass and walk out.
But no, you’d rather look like you’re working hard than just work hard.

I have to go puke now, deadlift day ya know[/quote]

that was the most logical thing said so far in this thread. my college football coach always said that you don’t have to go out on the field and jump around and scream to prove to anyone you’re ready to play. you only have to prove to yourself you’re ready to play. so when i see the guys who are grunting, dropping weights, wearing a string tank top i think they are trying to prove to everyone else that they are serious about lifting and if you need to prove it to everyone else, then deep down you are probably questioning why you are there. when i go to the gym i don’t scream or holler or drop weights or bang my head against the lockers, or bleed all over everyone and if you think you neeed to do that shit to demonstrate that you are dedicated and motivated then you are a sorry sack. i don’t need to prove to anyone else in the gym that i’m motivated to be there. i know i am. i just put my headphones on and get it started. i’m not rude to people, i don’t try to intimidate people, i’ll even talk to people if they ask me a question. what good is going to the gym if you’re just going to act pissed off all the time. if you don’t want anyone talking to you then get some weights and lift at home. Guys like taht just make me laugh.

[quote]CS wrote:
that was the most logical thing said so far in this thread. my college football coach always said that you don’t have to go out on the field and jump around and scream to prove to anyone you’re ready to play. you only have to prove to yourself you’re ready to play. so when i see the guys who are grunting, dropping weights, wearing a string tank top i think they are trying to prove to everyone else that they are serious about lifting and if you need to prove it to everyone else, then deep down you are probably questioning why you are there. when i go to the gym i don’t scream or holler or drop weights or bang my head against the lockers, or bleed all over everyone and if you think you neeed to do that shit to demonstrate that you are dedicated and motivated then you are a sorry sack. i don’t need to prove to anyone else in the gym that i’m motivated to be there. i know i am. i just put my headphones on and get it started. i’m not rude to people, i don’t try to intimidate people, i’ll even talk to people if they ask me a question. what good is going to the gym if you’re just going to act pissed off all the time. if you don’t want anyone talking to you then get some weights and lift at home. Guys like taht just make me laugh.[/quote]

I agree with this.

Good attitude,
B

[quote]MarcAnthony wrote:
Dude, put things in perspective.

You’re picking up a weight…

Its not as if you’re feeding your family or paying your kids education with it.

[/quote]

Do not put words in my mouth; I never said any of that, nor did I intend it to mean that.

That is enough,
B

[quote]harris447 wrote:
I don’t quite understand the thing about the bees, but this is still the funniest post in a while.
[/quote]

Don’t you know?!

Bees are nature’s candy.

Dan “Bees, please!” McVicker

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Holy crap, I missed Dan.
[/quote]

It pisses me off that Eric is like, a third of my size and has a bigger deadlift than me.

Grrrr.

Danny “the pussy” McV.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Stop?

This will never stop…

This is balls to the walls. No excuses. No bullshit. Hardcore for life.
And when my day has come, I will pack my gym bag and move to that eternal training facility in the sky.
And when you hear thunder rolling in the heavens above, it’s the great beyond quaking under my wrath on max effort deadlift day.
And when you see bolts of lightening piercing the nocturnal sky, that unfortunate little angel with the popped halo curling in the squat rack will be curling no more…
Are you ready for incline reverse cable curl Valhalla?
Can you withstand the ten cans of tuna a day mercury inferno?
Will you stand tall in the wake of a fish oil burp straight from hell?
Can you handle it???
[/quote]
Priceless