I Owe You My Life

Hey guys

I JUST realized upon posting in another person’s thread (him wanting to get defined and only being 140lbs)…you guys are the reason I am alive today.

8 Months ago when I was still ignoring advice to put weight on, I got down to 117lbs, heart failure onsetting, kidney and liver failure and I was going to be dead in another month. Now this site provided me my poison to get down that low (multiple nutrition articles on losing weight) but that is my own fault and now my weight gain of up to 21lbs now (138.5lbs today) I owe to you guys.

I just thought I would actually thank you guys…seeing as how I literally owe you my life.

Now to keep it on-topic for supplements and nutrition

Sadly, I have to stop my weight lifting due to Cross Country. I don’t want to really run although school requires we participate in one sport and this is the only sport I am naturally good at, that I somewhat enjoy and my parents are making me too haaha.

Anyways, I was wondering if I run Monday-Friday (Wednesdays and Fridays are ridiculously light days though) racing on Saturdays, what days should I hit the weights so that I don’t lose the size I worked so effin’ hard for? Also what program do you suggest (probably need a Full Body routine)

And for the nutrition part, would a 50/30/20 approach in carbs/protein/fat be enough protein to hold onto the mass (meaning am I going to need the 1.8-2.0g per lb of weight to keep my little muscle? or can I focus on the carbohydrates to make sure I recovery properly from my training?)

Thanks again guys

I owe you my life.

I followed some of your previous threads and I’m glad to hear that you are doing well.

For a program, I’d recommend Westside for Skinny Bastards. The Waterbury Method wouldn’t be a bad choice either as it is set up with three training days a week with only a moderate amount of lower body work.

I do some running as well and played soccer when I was younger and although the legs can take quite a workload, I learned the hard way not to overdo it back then.

Whatever you choose, keep it short and intense, make sure you get enough calories and you should be fine.

Is cross country really the best choice for you??? You were recently close to death and desperately need to CONTINUE GAINING WEIGHT. I don’t care if you’re good at it or not, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING A LOT OF CARDIO RIGHT NOW (or ever).

Pick a new sport. Seriously.

JB, I’m imagining your avatar advising kids to fatten up.

To the OP, you’re going to have to eat enough to cover the kcals you’re going to burn running, so what you eat will be more important than what you lift.

With that volume of running, I would definitely eat a 1,000 calorie breakfast, and a 1,000 calorie dinner.

Then get like 2,000 or more calories throughout the rest of the day between snacks and lunch.

I can’t imagine that a school district would have the authority to force someone who was that close to death to participate in a sport. I CAN imagine they would be stupid enough to try. Can’t your parents tell the school board to F off, or get a lawyer involved?

X-country sounds like the worst option. Talk up volleyball or something you can choose to totally slack in. They can’t make you be good at a sport…

This guy is full of it. Honestly he is sitting here saying how he is trying to gain all kinds of this weight because he was O SO CLOSE to dying. But yet is is doing Cross Country still. I am pretty sure that your doctor would have advised you not to participate in this particular sport due to your “medical conditions.”

I just read some of your posts from a year ago. You are a young person with a serious eating/control problem.

Your problem goes beyond controlling your diet and exercise routines, or deciding what sport to play. You have a problem that requires psychiatric intervention. You can’t fix it alone, and neither can T-Nation.

No, I’m not a doctor. My college roommate and field hockey teammate was just like you. Did the same things you did, but over the course of several years. I didn’t know what was going on with her, and I didn’t know how to help. I went to her funeral after graduation.

You came close once. Do something that’s good for your body and mind before it’s too late.

There is no way you have to do a sport. I’m sure in your case, you could get a medical examption.

If you still want to do a sport, don’t do XC. What other sports do they offer?

Archery? Bowling?

You want something where you’re unlikely to break a sweat.

Hey guys

Thanks for the feedback.

I go to boarding school and we are required to participate in sport or extra classes. I found loop hole for my winter and spring terms by taking extra classes so I can focus on my weight lifting.

My doctor and psychiatrist want me to do running because they want me out of my room so I don’t obsess about nutrition and find some friends and get out more.

I personally would like to just lift and get bigger and stronger.

I really would but I already talked to my mom about it. She said that I need more interaction between other kids and that running is only 8 weeks long and that after that weight lifting is for the rest of the year.

Unless you guys have some excuse I can come up (constantly trying to come up with the right thing to say. Nothing more that I would like than to just lift 4 days a week and eat)

Either enlist the help of a trainer, doctor, school nurse or coach with any sort of medical background and tell them your history. Then either get an exemption or pick a different far less taxing sport.

Join an activity club or group of some sort to appease your mom and to help get out and socialize and take your mind off your obsessions.

Yeah

I resorted to ceramics in the spring of this year (no jokes please) and surprisingly I LOVE it. It took my mind off of things as I just sat at the wheel. I made great things and really enjoyed it. Sadly it’s only in the spring =/

My doctor at school that treated me with my anorexia wants me to do cross country as well too.

I think I should just deal with the 8 weeks, eat as much and hope to God I don’t lose any weight. Then just go back twice as strong in November. Good thing this will teach me is to appreciate things I have going for me now (such as being able to lift frequently)

congratulations for being alive.

So if i followed thus far, you lost weight and almost died. Then you ate something and are no longer dying.

You, sir, are making outstanding progress.

I just don’t see how a doctor who treated you for anoerixa would want you doing a sport dominated by skeltons? What other sports could you do? It seems as though you DO NOT want to run… If you don’t DON’T! If you do want to than just eat A LOT more. Mix up 1 cup of oats, 2 cups of whole milk, 1-2 scoops of protein powder, 2 tbsp’s of olive oil and some fruit in a blender for breakfast and dinner, you should be OK.
Yes you can still lift while training x country. Westside for a skinny bastard as mentioned earlier should be a good fit.

This has to be a fucking joke.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
This has to be a fucking joke. [/quote]

It’s not.

I honestly don’t believe you FR. We have tried and tried to help you. You should know by now what you need to do. You keep asking stupid ass questions on here looking for someone to validate your ineptness and to be an enabler for you to continue down the path of self destruction. You need to learn to stand up and take charge of your own life and make your own decisions. If you have the option to take additional classes vs. cross country then by god take the extra damn classes. If you are actually having trouble deciding between the two you have learned NOTHING.

Starting out the post by kissing our asses is not going to change the fact you need serious help. Help you should have received long ago. I also do not believe your doctor advised you to do cross country. If he did he deserves to lose his license and quite possibly may need jail time for neglecting the welfare of his patients. Saying you need to do cross country because it will help you get out more and make friends is bullshit. There are literally MILLIONS of other ways to accomplish that very thing.

What seems the more realistic explanation here: You want us to believe that every single person in your life who is aware of your struggles is wishing upon you the worst possible thing without regards to your physical wellbeing just so you can make friends, or the simpler explanation that it’s all a chronic story in your end to justify the continuance of your condition. Hmmm…

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:
This has to be a fucking joke.

It’s not.

I honestly don’t believe you FR. We have tried and tried to help you. You should know by now what you need to do. You keep asking stupid ass questions on here looking for someone to validate your ineptness and to be an enabler for you to continue down the path of self destruction. You need to learn to stand up and take charge of your own life and make your own decisions. If you have the option to take additional classes vs. cross country then by god take the extra damn classes. If you are actually having trouble deciding between the two you have learned NOTHING.

Starting out the post by kissing our asses is not going to change the fact you need serious help. Help you should have received long ago. I also do not believe your doctor advised you to do cross country. If he did he deserves to lose his license and quite possibly may need jail time for neglecting the welfare of his patients. Saying you need to do cross country because it will help you get out more and make friends is bullshit. There are literally MILLIONS of other ways to accomplish that very thing.

What seems the more realistic explanation here: You want us to believe that every single person in your life who is aware of your struggles is wishing upon you the worst possible thing without regards to your physical wellbeing just so you can make friends, or the simpler explanation that it’s all a chronic story in your end to justify the continuance of your condition. Hmmm…[/quote]

Well then he just needs to quit being a vagina. Pandering to his internet whining, pitying him, giving him attention etc won’t help him.

OP, you are a big pussy. Quit being a fuck head. Be smart. Eat. Train. Grow up.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:

My doctor and psychiatrist…[/quote]

To the responders in this thread: He says he has a doc and shrink.

Assuming that’s true (and the rest of what he’s said is also true), how can anyone here give him advice contrary to what his doc&shrink told him?

And if he’s lied about the doc&shrink, then how can anyone believe anything else he’s said, to base advice to him on?

To Mr Rice: Put down the computer and stop soliciting advice from strangers. Listen to your doc&shrink (and if you don’t have them, get them now, because you certainly need them).

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
My doctor and psychiatrist want me to do running because they want me out of my room so I don’t obsess about nutrition and find some friends and get out more.
[/quote]

Yeah, because when you run XC you have so much time to socialize!

I think they want you out, being social, and not obsessing about nutrition, but I think you are the one who is pulling for XC.

Take up track… sprints, other short work. That would fit in well with your stated goal of building muscles. You’d probably also have more chance to socialize.

Thanks for the advice guys…

Although I am quite offended about some of the posts and what not about how people think I am still on a “path to self destruction” I appreciate your opinions.

I DO have a shrink and doctor and because I did cross country last year, made some great friends, loved the coach, they want me to do it again just to keep myself preoccupied instead of obsessing about nutrition, ect

Maybe I should have mentioned that if I do lose more than like 2lbs than my doctor takes me off? (thought that would be kinda obvious…) But yeah

I am looking into extra classes as I speak now to see if there are any ones worth taking in place of cross country. We’ll see.

Thanks again guys (even the offending comments made)

I’ll post updates during the cross country season just to prove to you guys that I am on the right road and not losing any weight ever again. I hope you guys actually believe me (although I HAVE given you enough reasons to not in the past lol…)