I Officially Am the Worst

For real, its because you weren’t really asking for advice, you were asking for others to validate the opinion you already had.

How many arguments did you have in this thread? Is that because you took the advice you were given, or because you didnt (and actually insulted the highly accomplished people giving it to you)? Theres a word for this, its called being an “askhole”, when you appear to be asking for advice but have no intention of taking it.

edit: oops, wrong thread and wrong poster. Still, don’t be an ask hole :wink:

3 Likes

I took the advice I literally did a reply post a few ones up saying what I’m gonna improve upon and what I’m gonna change. Also I wasn’t insulting anyone I had people say I have “manic depression” so I felt insulted m. Overall I think I learned a lot from some people on this thread such as @strongmangoals

Here’s why it’s hard to get advice:

You come on a board and without asking a specific question or provding any background information, or info on your training program, or info on your coach’s background you say:

“I just want to got to worlds and win first”.

Saying, Here’s who I am, here’s what I’m doing. I want to improve, please help would have been the way to approach this. Instead your attitude is that you think you’re some type of genetic badass who has world’s potential. That may be but running around saying it makes you look like an arrogant prick. At my last meet I met a 17 year old kid who deadlifted almost 700 in the 181’s. That’s is what world championshp genetics looks like. Do YOU measure up to that? Before you set the world on fire learn to be humble. Many of us here hve been breaking our asses with probably no chance of winning a world title so to hear a young greenhorn come off like that pisses us off. If you would have doen that in some old school gyms they would have laughed you out of the place.

I strongly suggest you start this thread over and try to get your shit together so you can at least understand what people have been trying to tell you. Now, don’t go getting all offended and start name calling. This was meant as advice from someone who ahs been around a long time, competed for many years, met many world class lifters and trained with a few.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Ok I understand I didn’t mean to cause such chaos.

Actually you know what, I got two threads confused. You weren’t the guy I was thinking of.

I’m curious… and I’m going to be brutally honest as well. I don’t know what the best numbers are in the IPF in your weight class, but the numbers you’ve shared aren’t very good in my opinion. So I find it strange that you keep going on about how strong you are and how easy it is for you to get stronger. How close are you to being competitive for first? Like, what would one expect to be a winning total in the class you want to compete in?

There are just so many red flags in your posts that you’re clearly oblivious to. Your fixation on this is disturbing. Your highs and lows associated with the sport of powerlifting, which quite frankly is a dumb sport, are equally concerning. You’re essentially indicating that you’re living and dying with your successes and failures in this sport, not just meet-wise, but training-wise. You’ve gotta take that emotion out of the picture if you want to be successful. Or figure out a way to love the process more. You can’t just love getting good results. You have to equally embrace your failures. You’re not doing that, you’re doing the opposite. You’re whining on the internet about an off-day in the gym. You HAVE TO FIX THIS.

2 Likes

Thanks for this advice, I’ve just been with people who didn’t want the best for me. I was cheated out of money at my gym from a person promising to get me strong. I don’t want to blame my lack of progress on others but I really want to improve as I see future success in myself. I’m really gonna work on my mindset. Again, thank you

I’ll continue to help you. Here’s my plan for you.

1. FIRE YOUR COACH. HE HAS NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT HE’S DOING.

2. Find a legitimate beginner’s program (plenty online) and follow it WITHOUT variation for a long time or until it hits a wall.

3. Go to a local harcore gym and talk to the old timers and say: HELP ME!?

4. Study technique until you can do shit with your eyes closed. I do this with a broomstick after half a lifetime of lifting shit. The great golf coach, Bruce Harmon said it takes 1,000 repetitions before the body establishes a motor pattern. Everytime you make a change it takes another thousand repetitions. Let that sink in.

5 Finally, have fun. This is a sport, and a dopey one at that - it’s just not that important. I had to get away from it for 10 years due to life crap. As a result I probably missed my shot at an elite total, but fuck it, big deal. Life isn’t fair. Get over it.

1. If you don’t like any beginner programs you find, come back here and there are a number of us who could write you something in a few minutes.

Good luck

1 Like
  1. How without being rude?
  2. I’m about 6 weeks out so I think I’m gonna do candito 6 week as I’ve done that before with great results.
    3.i actually go to coliseum gym, it isn’t as hard core as it used to be since oak left.
  3. Will do
  4. I will focus on this
  5. Thank you :slight_smile:

Walk up to him and say:

" I’m not satisfied with your services and wish to discontinue our business relationship" - nothing rude about sticking up for your interests.

It really is that simple.

2 Likes

I think reading this gave me cancer. . .

On a serious note though if you want some help with programming etc and actual questions answered start a training log on here. Let people see what you’re doing, that’ll allow us to actually provide useful feedback.

I also think you’re kind of full of shit about how easily you get strong given your numbers but again without a training log and background I can’t really say.

Here’s my advice: do whatever the fuck you want prior to the meet, it’s a nothing meet in nowhere and won’t matter but it’ll give you some numbers to base your training off of. Then pick a program, 5/3/1, Tate’s 9 week basic training, fucking anything by a real lifter, follow it religiously without modification for at least 12 weeks all the while documenting your training here. Then come back and ask questions about how to improve.

FYI your training log should also include videos if you want actual help improving.

That’s all I’ve got.

STU

2 Likes

lmao, future ones will rid you of the disease

Had to edit my last post, I accidentally posted before I was done ranting.

So what exactly does he do for you? This sounds like a very bad coach. You still haven’t posted a week of your training.

If you are “the happiest person ever” one day and severely depressed the next then you have a problem. And if your training is the sole reason for that then you should be thankful that you have no real stress in your life.

2 Likes

Then why aren’t you doing the type of training that makes you gain muscle and strength quick?

If I started a thread every time I had a bad day I would have been banned from this forum long ago.

2 Likes

he tells me to do light stuff, and also my week of training is something like this

Monday: squat low reps, and back legs and abs stuff

Wednesday: bench low reps, back, and shoulder stuff

Friday: deadlift low reps, back, abs stuff

Saturday: bodybuilding day, shoulders, triceps, and stuff

I know this is pretty vague let me know if you want anything else. Also, I was saying hyperboles when I said “happiest person ever” and “depressed” this was just to get the point across.

You told us that you have severe moodswings based on ho your training goes. Is there are better term for that?

I was recommended a coach by someone so I decided to give it a go. Also, I had a bunch of bad days so I posted this.

it isn’t really a depression, I was emphasizing it to get a point across, that training sometimes can make me feel happy or a bit sad.

never mind.