I Need Your Palate

creme brule is burnt vanilla pudding.

dont let anyone tell yo anything different, Bethie Dear~

Not to stereotype that the money folks might be of my tribe, may I recommend:

Hamentaschen

is a filled-pocket cookie or pastry in Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine recognizable for its three-cornered shape. The shape is achieved by folding in the sides of a circular piece of dough, with a filling placed in the center. It is traditionally eaten during the Jewish holiday of Purim. Hamantashen are made with many different fillings, including poppy seed (the oldest and most traditional variety),[1] prunes, nut, date, apricot, apple, fruit preserves, cherry, chocolate, dulce de leche, halva, or even caramel or cheese.

Mandelbrot

http://www.zingermansbakehouse.com/tasty-pastries/jewish-pastries/

I’ll second baklava.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baklava/

I’d also suggest rugelach.

Third baklava… also creppes are easy to make and a very popular European snack.

Japan is pretty big on Japanese pancakes, give those a looksee, they look like a pancake and contain a delicious red bean paste (better than it sounds).

My Polish grandmother makes creampuffs - I’d share that recipe but its a family secret - only those in my line can have it (serious, food is that critical).

My Italian grandmother makes pitzels. Don’t know how truly Italian it is, but its not American.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Not to stereotype that the money folks might be of my tribe, may I recommend:

Hamentaschen

is a filled-pocket cookie or pastry in Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine recognizable for its three-cornered shape. The shape is achieved by folding in the sides of a circular piece of dough, with a filling placed in the center. It is traditionally eaten during the Jewish holiday of Purim. Hamantashen are made with many different fillings, including poppy seed (the oldest and most traditional variety),[1] prunes, nut, date, apricot, apple, fruit preserves, cherry, chocolate, dulce de leche, halva, or even caramel or cheese.

Mandelbrot

http://www.zingermansbakehouse.com/tasty-pastries/jewish-pastries/[/quote]

thank you, I think I’ll try those. Does anyone you know make them at home?

LAMINGTONS

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I’ll second baklava.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baklava/

I’d also suggest rugelach.[/quote]

I’ve been making Rugelach since I was a child, I just never knew it had a name. Whenever i make a savory or sweet pie, I make sure there is extra flaky dough to make these and usually I just coat the dough with butter and add a thick layer of cinnamon sugar but almond slivers and a paste made from stewing dried dates is also awsome.

I’ll second the idea of Meester Push on the Massages, so long as they include… you know, additional happiness.

I’ve said it before

Povitica >>>>>>> Baklava

[quote]Edgy wrote:
I’ll second the idea of Meester Push on the Massages, so long as they include… you know, additional happiness.[/quote]

That’s a whole different genre of fundraising. of course with all the baking and massaging and…additional happiness - well isn’t that called “wifery”?

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
I’ve said it before

Povitica >>>>>>> Baklava[/quote]
Just cause you said it twice, doesn’t make it true malaka.

:wink:

Povitica looks great. I make something similar when i make bread loaves but I just call it cinnamon bread.

Also. If i can get these chefs to apprentice and promote my work, I’ll eventually start my own cafe and call it Beth’s Buns. Muffin munching at a competitive price.

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Povitica looks great. I make something similar when i make bread loaves but I just call it cinnamon bread.

Also. If i can get these chefs to apprentice and promote my work, I’ll eventually start my own cafe and call it Beth’s Buns. Muffin munching at a competitive price.[/quote]

The povitica I’ve had you can’t really taste the cinnamon. Cheese povitica is where it really starts to get good.

[quote]theBeth wrote:

Also. If i can get these chefs to apprentice and promote my work, I’ll eventually start my own cafe and call it Beth’s Buns. Muffin munching at a competitive price.[/quote]

The povitica I’ve had you can’t really taste the cinnamon. Cheese povitica is where it really starts to get good.[/quote]

What kind of cheese? are we talking savory or sweet? i wonder if baklava with a cheese layer would be good?

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

I’ve said it before

Povitica >>>>>>> Baklava[/quote]
Just cause you said it twice, doesn’t make it true malaka.

;)[/quote]

I just had to look up what malaka meant…dick

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

The povitica I’ve had you can’t really taste the cinnamon. Cheese povitica is where it really starts to get good.[/quote]

What kind of cheese? are we talking savory or sweet? i wonder if baklava with a cheese layer would be good?[/quote]

Cheese povitica is in between sweet and savory I’d say, that’s why I like it. I’m more versed in the eating of it than the making though. It’s a white soft cheese is all I know.

I can say that povitica is an all day affair if you plan on making it.