I Need Some Advice

So heres the deal. Monday I started taking night classes to be a personal trainer. I work Monday-Friday 7a-4p and then go to class from 6p-10:30p monday-Thursday the classes are 10 months long and are extremely high paced. I’m pretty stressed about it already.

So last night I come home around 11p and my wife is still up, usually she’d be in bed already. I sit down to talk with her before bed and find out shes pregnant, totally out of the blue and pretty unexpected.

So this puts even more stress on me now, also I won’t be able to help her along the way, go to any of her classes and she’ll likely have the baby right around the end (most stressful time) of the school year, I think I should quit school but I’m not sure? What do you think?

pregnant girls love it in the pooper

ps congrats and don’t quit if you really want to get this done.

Just grind it out for the time being and it will be fine as long as she understands this is what is best in the long run for all of you.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
pregnant girls love it in the pooper[/quote]

I was going to pop off at you then I saw your next post. Thanks.

[quote]dday wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:
pregnant girls love it in the pooper

I was going to pop off at you then I saw your next post. Thanks.[/quote]

No problem

Well I can guarantee you one thing. If you put it off you are going to sit there and think to yourself “man, if I only sucked it up then I wouldn’t have to worry about it now”

Profound? Absolutely not, but it’s reality

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
dday wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

No problem

Well I can guarantee you one thing. If you put it off you are going to sit there and think to yourself “man, if I only sucked it up then I wouldn’t have to worry about it now”

Profound? Absolutely not, but it’s reality[/quote]

Yea, you’re right. I’m gonna have to man up and do it, if I don’t do it now then I may never and will regret it down the road. Thanks again.

First off…congratulations :slight_smile:

NOW - Have you talked to your wife about this. Does she know that you probably won’t be able to go with her to her classes?
If schooling is very important to you. Its probably best if you get it done now. IF it can wait… then you could possibly do it another time.

What are the long term benefits…of you going to school or not going to school. Have you paid for school already and if so will you get your money back if you quit.

Will you be able to at least help her get some baby things ready such as the nursery and shopping for cribs and strollers?

You will get through this one way or another. It will most likely be stressful but talk and think things through with your wife… .

Good luck

I’d stick with school.

There’s very little for you to do for the rest of the 9 months, other than offering confort and support.

Prenatal “classes” are mostly a waste of time, IMHO. We went for our first kid and if we had to do it again, we’d skip them.

Having the baby arrive during finals might be difficult. Especially the first one. You’ll explore area of sleep deprivation you didn’t know existed.

Possible solutions: If you can get outside help (the grandmothers often volunteer) for your wife for the first few weeks (while you finish your finals), you might be able to set up sleeping arrangements that will let you study and perform.

Another thing you could check is if you can reschedule some of the tests for earlier/later… the idea being to draw them out so that the stress is lessened.

Get it done! You will muddle through the pregnancy, she has to do the hard work at this point anyway.

Get it done before the baby comes!!!

P.S. Congratulations.

First off thank you all.

This is all pretty new to us and will be our first so we haven’t really had time to think about everything yet. I do have Friday nights and weekends free to help as much as I can with shopping for stuff and setting up the kids room.

I talked to the school and they suggested I stay in as well, they are an adult learning school so they are able to work around things like this. They said if I were to have to miss a final or any other thing they could work around that as well. So I think from the schools point of view I can do this. They’ve already gotten their money so I guess they’re happy.

It’s going to be a struggle but right now I HATE my current job so much it will be worth it in the end.

First, baby classes are not a big deal. And often times they have Saturday sessions available if you really want to go to them.

Keep going to school or you will regret it later. It won’t be as bad as you think. I’m telling you this from experience. It will be an adjustment, but you and your wife will adapt.

This is all you need to know about the labor classes. Do your best to keep her comfortable. This means fetching lots of water and juice and some small snacks. Give her massages and or hold her if it helps (some women will just want you to get the fuck away). Encourage her to attempt to relax through the contractions and not to push until she’s fully dialated. Talk to her a lot, tell her she’s doing great.

Some extra tidbits that aren’t in any class. Protect her from the doctors who will be way too eager to cut her (episiotomy), administer pitosin (sp?) or go C-section on her ass.

Good stuff y’all. I’m certainly more and more relaxed about this whole thing now. I was about to have a freaking heart attack eariler today. Hadn’t really ever though about being a daddy.

The personal training class is 10 months long?

I have been a cert’d. personal trainer for 4 years and although I got a degree in Health/Fitness Management and I didn’t have to take any prep classes. They were all in the cirriculum.

What certification are you stuying for? I would recommend getting a NCSA-PT certification and study on your own. You could also get an ACE certification pretty easily.

Most of the certifications are looked at the same but that may vary depending on where you want to work.

Summary: Where do you want to work and what certification do you want.

Congrats…feel free to pm me with any questions.

I love seeing posts from that chenky (sp?) girl…

Grats on the Baby, being a Dad is the best thing I have ever been apart of!

JGerman
Actually I am studying for the NCSA-PT course, its through a career college in town here. They go through Anatomy I&II, 2 other PT class a business class and one other class I can’t think of off hand. I figure by taking this course I should have the knowledge and get my ASCM right after the NCSA or what ever other certs I can find.
My goal is to get 2,3,4 certs under my belt train people in a gym while I get a degree in sports medicine or a related field to become (eventually) a strength and conditioning coach at a high school or university.

I may take you up on the Q&A, apreciate the offer.

[quote]Colin Wilson wrote:
Grats on the Baby, being a Dad is the best thing I have ever been apart of! [/quote]

Thanks! Thats what everyone keeps saying, it should be interesting.

[quote]dday wrote:
JGerman
Actually I am studying for the NCSA-PT course, its through a career college in town here. They go through Anatomy I&II, 2 other PT class a business class and one other class I can’t think of off hand. I figure by taking this course I should have the knowledge and get my ASCM right after the NCSA or what ever other certs I can find.
My goal is to get 2,3,4 certs under my belt train people in a gym while I get a degree in sports medicine or a related field to become (eventually) a strength and conditioning coach at a high school or university.

I may take you up on the Q&A, apreciate the offer.[/quote]

dday, I would say you are heading in the right direction.

‘one good wish changes nothing; one good decision changes everything.’

Congrats man. If you can stay in school then I would try to if I were you. The schooling and degree/license will help with attaining more money. Its not a guarantee, but it couldnt hurt you any.