I Need Huge Shoulders

I recently broke up with my long term gf and basically I need to get more aesthetic. My fist goal is to get those boulders shoulders. I am currently doing 531 BBB, but I would like to add a BB shoulder routine. Any thoughts?

Synthol.

that will show her

Whatever it is, do a few high rep sets of lateral raises to get that capped look. And you also want a rear and a front delt exercise, to hit all the heads.

[quote]cparker wrote:
that will show her[/quote]
Ha, I know, right? Kinda odd way to start a training thread. Unless she literally said “Reid, I just can’t stand your tiny shoulders anymore. I have to leave.”

[quote]reid95 wrote:
I am currently doing 531 BBB, but I would like to add a BB shoulder routine. Any thoughts? [/quote]
You got dropped quickly, harshly, and without warning, so now you want to do the same with a good training plan? I wouldn’t.

How long have you been doing the BBB plan? You could probably tweak it for more shoulder work (laterals on press day and bent laterals on bench day) or just keep the plan as-is and get bigger and stronger all over, which it’s designed for.

Your profile says you’re 5’3". What do you currently weigh?

5/3/1 Beach Body Routine.

If you don’t like the look of that check out

“Shoulder Size and Power”
“Shoulder and Trapszius Mass”

By Anthony Ditillo

C.T. has had a bunch of articles about the shoulders and traps this year too.

I know this isn’t the appropriate area for this but…you can’t out train a lack of game.

Now that I got that out I’d say hammer those BBB OHP sets, and/or some push presses to mix it up.

After being knocked back for a loan, I think I would also benefit from larger shoulders. Would the advice in this thread also work for me?

[quote]tsantos wrote:
After being knocked back for a loan, I think I would also benefit from larger shoulders. Would the advice in this thread also work for me?[/quote]

Boulder shoulders will show those bank nerds. Start doing high rep lateral raises and you will be approved for a loan.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
that will show her[/quote]
Ha, I know, right? Kinda odd way to start a training thread. Unless she literally said “Reid, I just can’t stand your tiny shoulders anymore. I have to leave.”

[quote]reid95 wrote:
I am currently doing 531 BBB, but I would like to add a BB shoulder routine. Any thoughts? [/quote]
You got dropped quickly, harshly, and without warning, so now you want to do the same with a good training plan? I wouldn’t.

How long have you been doing the BBB plan? You could probably tweak it for more shoulder work (laterals on press day and bent laterals on bench day) or just keep the plan as-is and get bigger and stronger all over, which it’s designed for.

Your profile says you’re 5’3". What do you currently weigh?[/quote]

about 145, haha I did not mean to sound over dramatic. I just meant I have strength, but I wanted to add mass to upper body!

I, too, needed to grow shoulders in order to spite someone.

Kindred spirits…

Here’s what I recommend

Super set everything, then drop set your super sets and extend the drop sets so your drop sets are extended drop super sets and for the final set add partials.

You’re welcome

SAMA advice for this is more dead lifts.

things are going pretty well with the mrs just now but I’d better make my shoulders a little bigger just in case

I would usually say you can never have shoulders that are too big but Ben Pakulski kind of ruined that for me.

Just saw this on Paul Carter’s Instagram from a while back. Seems relevant.

[quote]reid95 wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Your profile says you’re 5’3". What do you currently weigh?[/quote]

about 145, haha I did not mean to sound over dramatic. I just meant I have strength, but I wanted to add mass to upper body![/quote]
Then stick to the plan. Eat plenty and train consistently. Are you already pretty lean or carrying some fat? At you height, that’s on the heavier side.

What are your recent maxes on the big four lifts?

And, again, how long have you been doing 5/3/1 so far?

Considering the nature of your OP–even though you didn’t provide a picture or provide much information at all–I am inclined to think that you are not someone who needs anything special and can just get bigger delts with progressive resistance on overhead and bench press variations and shoulder raise variations with moderate reps. That’s it.

I don’t know how becoming more aesthetic is going to heal the bummer of breaking up. Usually time by itself does this. And you don’t need to be so aesthetically pleasing to get women. When a typical women sees a muscular person, that’s all they notice. They don’t see “capped” delts, “sweeping” thighs with “teardrops”, “peaked” biceps, “horseshoe” triceps, “earmuff” traps, or a “barn door” back. They just see a muscular body. So the basics and other activities are just fine for most gym rats and weekend warriors.

I think it is awesome that you are focusing your pain into self improvement rather than destructive behaviors. It is just that it is a little too easy to make fun of your post.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
I think it is awesome that you are focusing your pain into self improvement rather than destructive behaviors. It is just that it is a little too easy to make fun of your post.[/quote]

Yeah that’s for sure. The gym can definitely help you get your mind off a break up and give you them gainz. Killing two birds with one atlas stone.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
things are going pretty well with the mrs just now but I’d better make my shoulders a little bigger just in case[/quote]
lol