T Nation

I Need Help with my Physique in the Worst Way

For a little background: I've been lifting not seriously for about 3 years. I used to be incredibly skinny and decided to try to pack on pounds by eating incredibly dirty. At my strongest I was eating 3 double cheese burgers for lunch/before workout. I packed on some excessive body fat and didn't realize how bad it really was until recently. I took myself from 5'11" 160 to 185 which is what I am now. Along the way I managed to squeeze out 315x1 on DL, 185x5 on bench, and 185x1 on squat. I've never really progressed in strength or size.

I need help plain and simple. My shits all fucked up and i'm talking like a retard to quote idiocracy. I need someone to slap me in the face (which will ultimately be me) and point me in the right direction ie diet and a routine.

As of right now my goals are to drop this body fat. I can't stand looking like this anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pics for reference of what i'm working with:

You're not doing that damn bad, so chill out. I wouldn't even call you fat, really.

List everything you ate and drank yesterday and also list your training schedule.

usual meal:

5 egg omlette 2 slices of cheese, water.

chicken salad (mayo) wrap with maybe bacon, or cheese. water.

then for dinner it varies, usually lean mean and a steamables veggie pack.

before workout i will have some whey with water. then PWO 2 scoops whey.

Mon - Legs
4 sets leg ext 10-15reps
4 sets squat 6-10 reps
3 sets leg press 10-12 reps
4 sets leg curl 10-12reps
3 set db stiff legged or walking lunges

Tues - Chest
4 sets incline db or barbell 8-12 -- 55lbs
3 sets flat db or barbell 8-12 -- 75lbs
3 sets db fly or machine 12-12 reps -- 25 lbs
2 sets weighted dips -- body weight, 15 reps

thur - back
bodyweight pullups 4 sets upto 15
db row 4 sets 8-12 -- 75 lbs
front pulldown wide pulldowns 3 sets 8-10 -- 110 lbs
cable row 3 sets 6-10 -- 120 lbs

fri - shoulders/arm
3 sets db press 8-10 -- 60 lbs
3 sets side laterals 10-12 -- 10 lbs
6 sets shrugs behind the back for 3 sets and too the front for 3 -- 215 lbs

3 sets 10-15 rope pushdown --50 lbs
3 sets close grip bench 10 -- 135 on smith machine
3 sets reversed push down (palms facing) 8-10 30 lbs

3 sets barbell curl or cambered bar 8-12 -- 60 lbs
3 sets preacher machine -- 50lbs
2 sets hammer curl db or rope 10-15 -- 30 lbs
wrist curls 13-20 reps 2 sets

honestly i dont even do leg day. i hate doing legs.

haha ok. i dont want to be a jerk but dont come asking for people to help you and hold your hand if you arent already doing everything in your power to succeed. you clearly know you arent eating enough and you just admitted you dont do legs. come on.

want my advice?
pick a solid program and eat. you know what you are doing wrong.

start a food log. It is tedious but you'll see exactly what you're putting in your body. Eat like you normally do and dont change your normal diet because you're logging it. Done cheat/lie to us and yourself.

As far as your training is concerned... you need lift heavy and hard. Dont slack in the gym and walk around checking out the cardio bunnies. keep your rest periods short. You should be sweating and breathing hard from lifting otherwise you're probably just not putting out in the gym. I cant tell you how many people (damn near all of them) in the gym who arent sweating AT ALL and dont even look like they're straining while they work out. Its ridiculous. I'm sweating my ass off half way through my sets of squats and there are people who are finishing up with a completely dry shit.... dont let that be you lol.

oh and for the love of all that is Holy... Do legs! They are big ass muscles and you'll burn a lot of calories hitting legs hard.

Do you do any cardio?

So your monday is a lie?

Do your legs man.

you have to get strong before you can lose the pudge...squatting 185 for 10 reps burns more calories than squatting 135 for 10 reps. Check out 5/3/1.

^this. and eat. and do legs, biggest muscle group in the body and you don't want to do them. how do you expect that metabolism/lean body mass to increase...with wrist curls and cable flyes...DO LEGS