T Nation

I Need Carbs!

I would like to know how I can get my hands on some Complex Carb supplements. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I don’t have much time to eat between 1000 - 1400. (Ideal time to take in Carbs)

Any help would be appreciated…
Thank you,
OD

Put oatmeal in a blender. Blend with a liquid. Chug.

when you said “complex carb supplement”, i remember most of the weight gainer or meal-replacement powder claim their product is “low-sugar”, and their label shows that sugar is very little…
but…
their carb source usually based on “maltodextrin”, most people said this is “complex” carb…

but when i learn more from this web. i know this so-called “complex carb” will raise your insulin level “higher” then pure glucose(simple carb)…

in my own opinion, i can’t recommend any of these “complex carb” supplement to you…very sorry about that.

hope others can give you more help…

lol

[quote]Monster Wong wrote:
when you said “complex carb supplement”, i remember most of the weight gainer or meal-replacement powder claim their product is “low-sugar”, and their label shows that sugar is very little…
but…
their carb source usually based on “maltodextrin”, most people said this is “complex” carb…

but when i learn more from this web. i know this so-called “complex carb” will raise your insulin level “higher” then pure glucose(simple carb)…

in my own opinion, i can’t recommend any of these “complex carb” supplement to you…very sorry about that.

hope others can give you more help…[/quote]

Yeah, you definitely dont’ want to get a weight gainer or anything else with malto thinking it’s a good choice. Malto or dextrse are carbs of choice for PWO. Surge uses malto.