I Need a Solid Diet - Help!

Ok I’ve just about had enough. I have read almost every issue of M&F and have tried each diet. My results have been garbage. I workout 5 Days a week, am very active when i’m not at the gym. I am 5’8 and weigh 171 lbs. I am muscular but have soft edges. I am trying to keep the muscle I have while losing body fat. Sounds simple right? Not for me. I must be stupid when it comes to it because i do cardio 3 days a week for about 45 mins and lift weights 5 days a week for about an hour and a half. I have never seen abs on me ever. I played waterpolo in high school and even then i never had a six or eight pack. My diet isnt bad. I watch my protein carbs and fat on a regular i just dont think i have the right combination. I’m getting so frustrated. I even hired a personal trainer for 3 months at 3 days a week…I dropped 6 pounds thats it. it cant be that hard. honestly. If anyone has a BodyBuilding On season diet for Strickly Fat Loss…Please let me know because this is killing me.

[quote]Djflashfade wrote:
Ok I’ve just about had enough. I have read almost every issue of M&F and have tried each diet. My results have been garbage. I workout 5 Days a week, am very active when i’m not at the gym. I am 5’8 and weigh 171 lbs. I am muscular but have soft edges. I am trying to keep the muscle I have while losing body fat. Sounds simple right? Not for me. I must be stupid when it comes to it because i do cardio 3 days a week for about 45 mins and lift weights 5 days a week for about an hour and a half. I have never seen abs on me ever. I played waterpolo in high school and even then i never had a six or eight pack. My diet isnt bad. I watch my protein carbs and fat on a regular i just dont think i have the right combination. I’m getting so frustrated. I even hired a personal trainer for 3 months at 3 days a week…I dropped 6 pounds thats it. it cant be that hard. honestly. If anyone has a BodyBuilding On season diet for Strickly Fat Loss…Please let me know because this is killing me.[/quote]

Try the get shredded diet or velocity diet. Those’ll work for sure. Just use the search tool in the articles section to find both of them.

[quote]Djflashfade wrote:
Ok I’ve just about had enough. I have read almost every issue of M&F and have tried each diet. My results have been garbage. I workout 5 Days a week, am very active when i’m not at the gym. I am 5’8 and weigh 171 lbs. I am muscular but have soft edges. I am trying to keep the muscle I have while losing body fat. Sounds simple right? Not for me. I must be stupid when it comes to it because i do cardio 3 days a week for about 45 mins and lift weights 5 days a week for about an hour and a half. I have never seen abs on me ever. I played waterpolo in high school and even then i never had a six or eight pack. My diet isnt bad. I watch my protein carbs and fat on a regular i just dont think i have the right combination. I’m getting so frustrated. I even hired a personal trainer for 3 months at 3 days a week…I dropped 6 pounds thats it. it cant be that hard. honestly. If anyone has a BodyBuilding On season diet for Strickly Fat Loss…Please let me know because this is killing me.[/quote]

In regards to cardio, you have to keep your body/metabolism guessing of what it is going to burn. Doing “about 45 minutes” each time you do cardio workouts (running, I assume) you have to change up your length of excersize to keep your metabolism from adjusting on a length of time or distance so you can keep burning fat.

It sounds like you are doing a lot of what the magazines tell you, or what the personal trainer told you, etc.

I think you have to figure out what your body is telling you.

Yes, it’s hard, but it’s not that hard.

It sounds like you are willing to do the work, and are trying to find the answers.

Do you log your food intake? What did you eat today? How much did you work out today? What was your intensity level?

Also, if you only weigh 171, and you lost 6 lbs in 3 months with a personal trainer, that’s pretty good. If you have any muscle on you, 6 more pounds and you’d be ripped. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss that positive result.

If you don’t have any muscle on you, there’s your problem.

I agree with the last comment. You can’t get cut till you put on some muscle. Try the V-Diet or the Get Shredded diet, but if the results aren’t what you want I would say try bringing your weight up slowly to about 180-185, then cutting down.