I Need a Nutritional Change

I read and read. see things like caveman that put me in aw. I realize I need change in the nutritional aspect of my life. It will be tricky. I love chips, I love any frozen “fast” food you can think of. I can’t stand my shakes, and I honestly feel like with all of this upon me that I need drastic change to get where I wont to be.

So I am going to start doing an excel food log(don’t even ask my how I’m gonna get that working). I will eat healthy with EVERY meal and I will do this consistently…well forever. Why do I post this… well cause I can.

you’re right you can, the only question is what is more important to you: that junk food OR improving your physique/body goals

personally every time i’m tempted to cheat with something obviously bad like refined grains i just stand still and think to myself “i KNOW what this will do to my body, do i want that to happen ? no i don’t so i will not eat this”

while I applaud your ambition, this kind of “all or nothing” thinking can lead to burn out very quickly, and frankly, isn’t necessary.

a better approach would be to eat “healthfully” most of the time, but not getting hung up on minor transgressions either. One meal of “naughty” foods won’t derail your progress.

The key to success is consistency, not perfection. That is easier said than done, however.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
while I applaud your ambition, this kind of “all or nothing” thinking can lead to burn out very quickly, and frankly, isn’t necessary.

a better approach would be to eat “healthfully” most of the time, but not getting hung up on minor transgressions either. One meal of “naughty” foods won’t derail your progress.

The key to success is consistency, not perfection. That is easier said than done, however.[/quote]

x2

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
you’re right you can, the only question is what is more important to you: that junk food OR improving your physique/body goals

personally every time I’m tempted to cheat with something obviously bad like refined grains i just stand still and think to myself “i KNOW what this will do to my body, do i want that to happen ? no i don’t so i will not eat this”[/quote]

Well that’s the kicker I don’t know what my body will be like without junk. Never gone with out it.

and too the people saying consistency. That’s where resolve comes in. I still live with my folks, they used to eat A LOT of junk. They dumbed it down for my sake.

and on a bit of a funny note I realized I’ve had excel on my PC for 3 years now, and NO idea of how to use it.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:

The key to success is consistency, not perfection. That is easier said than done, however.[/quote]

if that works for you then i envy you, the “bad things are ok in little amounts or moderation” approach doesn’t work for me because my willpower will break down and i will go for more even when i’m full, therefore i need to use the “out of sight out of mind” approach

therefore i don’t buy such foods and never try to have them in my sight or nearby as it would actually fuck with my head more if they were around

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:

and too the people saying consistency. That’s where resolve comes in. I still live with my folks, they used to eat A LOT of junk. They dumbed it down for my sake.

[/quote]

and then parents wonder their kids let their health go to shit

monkey see monkey do

this is not a jab at you, but just at the general apathy towards health in north america

[quote]cyph31 wrote:

if that works for you then i envy you, the “bad things are ok in little amounts or moderation” approach doesn’t work for me because my willpower will break down and i will go for more even when i’m full, therefore i need to use the “out of sight out of mind” approach

therefore i don’t buy such foods and never try to have them in my sight or nearby as it would actually fuck with my head more if they were around[/quote]

I typically don’t keep junk food around the house either, but I certainly won’t turn down a slice of pizza/birthday cake/whatever just for the sake of being “hardcore”. Been there, done that, not worth it. Now, if I want some chinese food, I’ll order chinese food and not feel guilty one bit.

Again, I think it’s great that the OP want to eat better. I’m just saying you don’t have to be perfect to see great results. I think everyone can agree with that.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
Spencerulz wrote:

and then parents wonder their kids let their health go to shit

monkey see monkey do

this is not a jab at you, but just at the general apathy towards health in north america

[/quote]

The Health nut gene that runs in my family skipped my mom altogether. My grandma is a raw foodist, my aunt is a hardcore vegan, my mom only fat person in my whole damn family. lmao

use nutrition data dot com and it’ll make your food log easier.

i’ve used excel for mine for YEARS.

worked/works for me