I Need a New Routine

I have been doing the starting strength 5x5 for a while and droped a couple inches I stayed the same weight but much stronger.

now I aquired a job in a scrap metal yard that has alot of heavy lifting.

bending picking up 100 - 150 pound rolls of copper wire. carrying them about 50 yards and then tossing them over head into a dumpster.

same with alot of odd sized stuff and some things weighing excess of 200 pounds.
like a/c compressers filled with used oil weighing 150-200 pounds and are compleatly round with no place to grab.
I lift as much as i can without help becuase I want to be strong as hell and want my co-workers to say wow that dude is a machine.

I only have 2 days a week to work out not 3
days are monday and tues.

I work early morning weds so no time to recover so I was thinking

sunday night after work,lower body. (back is already worked out from work them deadlifts and squats are really fuctional lifts)

Monday night upper body

sleep all day tuesday
was thinking simple,an a/b split with bench and standing overhead press
and squats and deads on different days

I would do rows both days or would it be better to do squats and deads both days
and rows on the upper body days
and on these days I kind of feel like I just should go untill failure with lifts or should I stick with a routine like 5x5 or 8x3 or whatever.

opinions needed

thanks guys

Just deadlift and military press as you work, strongman style.

200lb sphere = atlas stone.

100-150lb rolled wire = log press.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Just deadlift and military press as you work, strongman style.

200lb sphere = atlas stone.

100-150lb rolled wire = log press.[/quote]

basicly how I do things there and I get looked at all kinds of wierd.

but at home should I just stick with a simple 5x5 type program?
I feel like Im not doing enough even at work.
then again I dont want to over do it and hurt myself either.

I was also toying with the idea of lifting after I got home before bed which makes for a 5 day routine.

Think of your job as your workout. Tailor your gym workouts to target the areas that did not get worked as hard as you like. I would not do a 5x5 program while working in a job like that. You should be doing accessory lifts and paying attention to imbalances and prehab. Go for a long walk after work. Relax.

Stu

I don’t see any reason why you can’t continue your same 5x5, but only do it two days. Are those two days consecutive?

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
I don’t see any reason why you can’t continue your same 5x5, but only do it two days. Are those two days consecutive?[/quote]

yes monday and tuesday

maybe ill work out monday night heavy as I can
then a few days a week after work do an hour of cardio?

i think your job is a good enough workout