I Need a Huge Dumbell Handle. OLY Size

I’ve found plenty of 20 inch handles online, would these be able to get 200# on them with 10s and/or 25? Anyone have a 20+" handle they would recomend for kroc rows?

I have a pair of 20 inch oly size db handles. I’m not sure what brand they are, I bought them in a store. I can get 4x 25s + 1x 5s per side on them, that’s 221 lbs(handle is 11#). Intrestingly enough, I can’t get 200#. I can get 181 (3x 25s,1x 10s) 191 (3x25, 1x10, 1x5) 211 (4x25) 221 (4x25,1x5). Basically, you can put up to 4 10s/25s + a 5, but you don’t have enough room for 5 10s/25s. Works for me. My guess would be any 20in handle would be about the same. I looked at mine just now but they don’t have any manufactures name on them.

If I knew who made them I would recomend them. I’m not sure if this will be any help, but I’ll describe them: they’re shiny/chrome finish, the sleeves rotate, good knurling, the part you grip is straight/ it doesn’t bulge out in the center, they came with metal collars that have like a screw with a bar in them that you kind of screw down for them to stay on, not sure what that kind of collar is called.

[quote]nate dawg wrote:
they came with metal collars that have like a screw with a bar in them that you kind of screw down for them to stay on, not sure what that kind of collar is called.[/quote]

Ironmind makes a pair of those that they call “bulldog collars”.

I believe these are the handles I bought, amazingly enough, from amazon.

I can fit FOUR 25 lbs plates on each side, so that’s 210 lbs each. I can also fit collars on the ends. Good ones, not spring collars. Specifically, the Hampton bulldog collars:

http://www.amazon.com/Hampton-Bull-Dog-Olympic-Collars/dp/B000EHYAIM

I’m very happy with hour strong they hold to the bar, although the bulldog collars from ironmind are in an insane league of their own. I’d rather have something I can do by hand and not with a wrench, but if you need something that strong, they are made to very high standards.

One question, how are you going to row that much weight?

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
I believe these are the handles I bought, amazingly enough, from amazon.

I can fit FOUR 25 lbs plates on each side, so that’s 210 lbs each. I can also fit collars on the ends. Good ones, not spring collars. Specifically, the Hampton bulldog collars:

http://www.amazon.com/Hampton-Bull-Dog-Olympic-Collars/dp/B000EHYAIM

I’m very happy with hour strong they hold to the bar, although the bulldog collars from ironmind are in an insane league of their own. I’d rather have something I can do by hand and not with a wrench, but if you need something that strong, they are made to very high standards.

One question, how are you going to row that much weight?[/quote]

thanks for the suggestion. My gym’s dbs only go to 100 and I’ve done them for 25 reps without straps already. I need to be able to progress on that lift. It’s one of my favorites, plus I feel like my upper back is my weakpoint right now.

one question, wouldn’t spring collars let you hold more weight on the bell?

If you are handling that much weight I would definitely use a screw type collar instead of the spring. I was doing presses with just one 25lb plate on each side and they started to slip.

For a temporary solution, you can try duct tape, you can get atleast 20 more lbs. on the DB.