I Need A 5 Day Split Desperately

I have been training 8 years and I learned my body will only grow in response to high volume work, when I do 3 day splits/few sets per workout my body just doesn’t respond. I screwed up my shoulder and elbows doing those high frequency workouts everyone recommends.

My workout now is quite complex but I will give you an example of my back workout that I did today:

Weighted Pull Ups x3
Spider Crawler Pull Up (hold pull up in top static position and move side to side) + V Bar Pull Down x3
One Arm Barbell Row + V Barbell Row x3
Mid Row Machine + Low Rope Row + Pull Up Chest Facing Ceiling + Bodyweight Row Under Bar x3
One Arm Dumbbell Row + 4 Additional Drop Sets x3

I am not lifting light either, I am lifting what I would lift normally even if there was no supersets or crazy volume. Rep range is 6-12.

I have grown well on such routine but I don’t think building muscle means having to kill myself with these harsh routines.

Can someone point me in the direction of a 5 day split with lots of volume with exercises hitting all areas of the specific muscle equally ? So for chest upper, lower, inner, outer etc

Thanks in advance

Already looking awesome man! Hopefully this will help with what you’re looking for, this is a really great plan by Clay Hyght. I used the 4 day split model for about 6 months, but there’s also a 5 day split. You can fill in the template according to what you want to emphasize and tweak it to make it more specific for your goals, great for both strength and size.

The general theme is each body part will start with a compound movement of relatively lower reps/heavier weight/longer rest, and throughout the session you move into more isolation exercises with higher reps/shorter rest. Great for both strength and size.

This program was great for adding LBM, I’d still be doing it if I had time for a 4 day split, but recently I moved to a 3 day full body program due to time constraints. In trying to train in more of a bodybuilding mentality, I lowered my weights to really think about the mind-muscle connection as much as possible. I’ve been training hard for years but really didn’t think about that aspect until starting this program last August, really taking a couple weeks to “reset” and not care about the weight in my hands and just isolate the muscle properly. My weights went down just a little bit but I very quickly started noticing mass gains, and for what it’s worth so did the people I see regularly at the gym. Once I was able to consistently execute the exercises with the right weight, I also started seeing steady strength increase relatively quickly in all compound movements, and a little more slowly in the isolation movements. Additionally, I have less joint pain and overall feel recovery is much better.

You can get through these sessions in about an hour, and if you have good supplementation, recovery should feel good, definitely not trashed/run over after a session.

Hope this helps!

I am surprised you can’t come up with something of your own having trained 8 years. How much do you lift?

[quote]robstein wrote:
Already looking awesome man! Hopefully this will help with what you’re looking for, this is a really great plan by Clay Hyght. I used the 4 day split model for about 6 months, but there’s also a 5 day split. You can fill in the template according to what you want to emphasize and tweak it to make it more specific for your goals, great for both strength and size.

The general theme is each body part will start with a compound movement of relatively lower reps/heavier weight/longer rest, and throughout the session you move into more isolation exercises with higher reps/shorter rest. Great for both strength and size.

This program was great for adding LBM, I’d still be doing it if I had time for a 4 day split, but recently I moved to a 3 day full body program due to time constraints. In trying to train in more of a bodybuilding mentality, I lowered my weights to really think about the mind-muscle connection as much as possible. I’ve been training hard for years but really didn’t think about that aspect until starting this program last August, really taking a couple weeks to “reset” and not care about the weight in my hands and just isolate the muscle properly. My weights went down just a little bit but I very quickly started noticing mass gains, and for what it’s worth so did the people I see regularly at the gym. Once I was able to consistently execute the exercises with the right weight, I also started seeing steady strength increase relatively quickly in all compound movements, and a little more slowly in the isolation movements. Additionally, I have less joint pain and overall feel recovery is much better.

You can get through these sessions in about an hour, and if you have good supplementation, recovery should feel good, definitely not trashed/run over after a session.

Hope this helps![/quote]

Thanks for pointing me toward that article

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I am surprised you can’t come up with something of your own having trained 8 years. How much do you lift?[/quote]

I have come up with routines in the past

A chest workout I came up:

Bench Press x3
Incline DB Press + Hammer Press x3
Decline DB Press + Hammer Press x3
Incline DB Fly + Machine Fly x3
Incline + Decline Cable Fly x3

It hits all areas of the chest, the reason I ask for published routines is Id rather have a tried and trued plan that won’t get me injured.

I got the back workout I posted from Greg Plitt (guy in my avi), it just feels better knowing someone got results on a particular plan.

Im not that strong in relation to my size.

Bench: 180LB
Barbell Row: 225lb
Military Press: 135lb
Curls: 100lb

Try one of kingbeef’s templates