I Need 8 Hours of Sleep With ZMA

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
Do you find it makes you kinda slow to actually become wakeful the morning <after rising, obviously> after using it if you don’t sleep a full 8 hours?

I find ZMA makes me feel pretty groggy in the early morning if I don’t get enough sleep… almost moreso than if I hadn’t used ZMA.

To rephrase this if it wasn’t clear, I feel groggy for the first 20-30 minutes in the morning after using ZMA if I don’t get a full 8 hours or more of sleep.

[/quote]

Your experience=my experience.

I think the ZMA in a way ‘forces’ you to sleeping the natural length of time your body needs. If you wake up before this time you feel groggy.

I have been going to bed earlier when I take ZMA, which is a good thing, I think.

And the positive effects are still there- I do notice an increase in morning wood, more dreams, and I wake up less during the night.

interesting to see that i’m not alone. word up to most of the replies.

I can not get more than 6hrs. when taking ZMA. In fact, I will wake up almost to the minute of 6 hrs. when on it.
It is good quality sleep though. No ill side effects of sleep deprivation or anything, and energy levels throughout the day are consistently high.

Waking up groggy may have to do with quickly coming out of a very deep stage of sleep. Try dialing the alarm clock back a half hour, or forward, if you have the luxury.

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
Phill wrote:
Well its prob only asking/allowing you to get the amount of sleep you should have or really need. Sleep is a HUGE and often overloooked peice of the puzzle.

wow amazing insight![/quote]

Thx

Is being groggy bad or good?

Maybe you got such deep kick-ass sleep that you felt groggy coming out of it.

If that is true, would you take the feeling for the benifit of the suppliment (strength gains)?

Cy talk about “feelings” not equalling effectiveness of the suppliment.