I Miss My Surge...

Have been doing the AD program a little over a year now and have enjoyed. I do think that post workout,the lack of cho, is one downfall though.

I don’t want to abandon the diet entirely, but would like to add the 46 grams of cho from Surge post workout. I know, I know, that it would not be the AD at that point,but would their be any issues keeping a high fat (60%-65% of calories from fat) and the 30 cho from the ad and 46 cho from Surge? I can’t imagine 76 grams per day would be that detrimental with the high fat intake.

Any incite would be appreciated…

The leaner you are the easier you’ll be able to handle it. Also if you’ve been on the AD for a year you can probably mix it up some without too much trouble.

What exactly are you “missing”? DOMS a problem?

I am pretty sure Dr DiPasquale would not agree with me, but personally I’m quite convinced that such closely-targeted carbs (time of workout and/or postworkout only) are absolutely fine when overall, though not at those specific moments, following the Anabolic Diet.

However, as I’m sure you have figured already, extra calories consumed during the lowcarb days means, for overall similar result with regard to changes in fat, reducing calories on the highcarb days correspondingly.

Not that it’s a vast number of extra calories being talked about here whatsoever, just as a matter of fine-tuning.

I’ve read a lot of the AD thread. Some of the long ADer’s have said that you can add carbs at this time once FULLY FAT ADAPTED. Not merely a matter of weeks though; they recommended at least several months of strict ADing before one “messes” with it.

If you’ve been on it for one year and have been doing it by the book i’d say you can definitely add 46g PWO.

Check that enormous AD thread , “my experience with the AD”. I can’t remember exactly where , but Disc Hoss maps out a few good options at adding in mid week and post WO carb ups. All are, of course, for those who have been on the AD for a while like yourself.
Good Luck

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I am pretty sure Dr DiPasquale would not agree with me, but personally I’m quite convinced that such closely-targeted carbs (time of workout and/or postworkout only) are absolutely fine when overall, though not at those specific moments, following the Anabolic Diet.

However, as I’m sure you have figured already, extra calories consumed during the lowcarb days means, for overall similar result with regard to changes in fat, reducing calories on the highcarb days correspondingly.

Not that it’s a vast number of extra calories being talked about here whatsoever, just as a matter of fine-tuning.[/quote]

Thanks for your input Bill. On a side note, a friend of mine gave me two opened containers of Surge, he didn’t like the taste,that expire May 09. He estimates they both have been open for a year, minus 1 scoop. Any issues with the protein or cho?

Especially having been opened only once, and so only one introduction of new air, there should be no problem. (And probably not even if it had been intermittently opened a number of times along the way, but it’s an even better situation having been opened only once.)