I Made This Program Myself

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
That being said, I am unsure of the value of emulating Madcow for the TC’s goals of size and strength. From what I have witnessed, the program is a viable method to continue strength gains after exhausted a linear abbreviated program like Starting Strength, but I have not seen many trainees make enviable size gains with the approach.[/quote]

Much like 5/3/1, the size gains on Madcow will come with the assistance work, no?[/quote]

From my observations, no, but I would be willing to see some new data. I have just never known anyone to make notable size progress with it.

That being said, I am unsure of the value of emulating Madcow for the TC’s goals of size and strength. From what I have witnessed, the program is a viable method to continue strength gains after exhausted a linear abbreviated program like Starting Strength, but I have not seen many trainees make enviable size gains with the approach.[/quote]

" I’m 5’8" and 145 lbs(65.77 kg)."

The OP can make size and strength gains on any reasonable program, assuming adequate nutrition.

OP, you should NOT be designing your own programs at this stage. Find a proven program, written by a reputable coach, that you believe in and do it consistently for an extended period of time. Eat and sleep well. Get back to us next year.

[quote]Waylon wrote:

" I’m 5’8" and 145 lbs(65.77 kg)."

The OP can make size and strength gains on any reasonable program, assuming adequate nutrition.

OP, you should NOT be designing your own programs at this stage. Find a proven program, written by a reputable coach, that you believe in and do it consistently for an extended period of time. Eat and sleep well. Get back to us next year.[/quote]

I am inclined to agree with you by the very nature of what makes a program reasonable. I just have not seen any evidence indicating that would be a reasonable program for his goals. I would be most interested if you have any examples of success in that regard with Mad cow.

While it has been my experience that someone in the OP’s position is well served by spending time concentrating on strength, especially with a program focusing on basic compound lifts with a built in progression, that really isn’t my point.

My point is simply that, in the given context, arguing about whether 5/3/1, madcow, ws4sb or whatever is best, is a waste of time. Suggesting specific programs is perfectly appropriate, getting the OP to understand a few principles is more important.

I understand your point. I was expressing that, based on what I have witnessed, i do not feel that the principles that comprise mad cow would help him reach his goal. I feel that the governing principles in the other programs mentioned would.