I Love Muscle Memory

I haven’t backsquatted in close to a year due to first a hamstring tear (max squat)and then a dislocated elbow(wrestling ) where I couldn’t hold the bar. The weight I tore the hamstring at was failing at 295. I had gotten 285 for 1 on that day (last june).

Anyway my first backsquat work out since then was today. I worked way up to 275 for 5. I tried 315 but failed. I think I can hit it when I’m fresh. It’s funny how you don’t forget the form.

I’m also up to 20 dips at bw after over 4 months of no right arm work. (down from 55 but still). And it took me a month to put back 2 out of the 3 inches I lost to atrophy.

Anyone else have any cool regains after injury?

If you could consider laziness an injury.

Seriously though, myself and almost of all my friends that train have experienced this. Just the other day my friend told me that after almost a year off he has surpassed all of his old PR’s in just a month. I’m thinking of taking some time off actually because I’ve stalled a bit after making some fantastic gains in the last 1.5 years.

Assholes…all of you.

Guess you can see how I turned out.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Assholes…all of you.

Guess you can see how I turned out.[/quote]

I’m only 27. I think it’s an issue muscle maturity. The time off gives my entire body time to adapt to being stronger as well as rest up and heal 100%.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Assholes…all of you.

Guess you can see how I turned out.

I’m only 27. I think it’s an issue muscle maturity. The time off gives my entire body time to adapt to being stronger as well as rest up and heal 100%.[/quote]

That’s my guess anyway, LOL. I’m not prepared to argue this point.

My friend who used to workout with me everyday broke his leg and couldn’t walk for 6 months. After he started walking again he got lazy and lifted maybe like 3 times in the next 4 months. Yesterday I went to the gym again with him since last summer and he decided to deadlift and see where he is and his deadlift went up from 365 to 390.