I Love Chad Johnson

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
Seriously though, do you think Carson’s ring finger is itching? I know Ben’s isn’t. :wink:

I’m sure those referees pockets aren’t itching either after that superbowl performance they had for you guys. :wink:

Oh, and I know it’s part of the game, people get hurt, but if Carson hadn’t gotten his knee torn up you guys never even would’ve made it to the SuperBowl to buy those rings… I mean win them, sorry.[/quote]

I’d imagine it’s almost impossible to buy a box of tissues in Cincinnati, what with all the crying that’s been going on down there since last January. Have you resorted to drying your tears and wiping your nose on your sleeve?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:
Seriously though, do you think Carson’s ring finger is itching? I know Ben’s isn’t. :wink:

I’m sure those referees pockets aren’t itching either after that superbowl performance they had for you guys. :wink:

Oh, and I know it’s part of the game, people get hurt, but if Carson hadn’t gotten his knee torn up you guys never even would’ve made it to the SuperBowl to buy those rings… I mean win them, sorry.

I’d imagine it’s almost impossible to buy a box of tissues in Cincinnati, what with all the crying that’s been going on down there since last January. Have you resorted to drying your tears and wiping your nose on your sleeve?[/quote]

And, apparently Worthlessberger’s head is now so screwed up he can’t see his own jersey color.

[quote]der FrostBack77 wrote:
I agreee that Johnson sometimes overdoes the antics.But to compare him TO is just plain stupid.[/quote]

Im gonna have to dissagree with you. They are completly similar. They both crave attention which takes the spot light off other better players. The spot light should be on the guy making the plays not dancing in the end zone like an idiot and running thier mouth. Chad johnson is overated.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
Chad Johnson is great, gotta love the simon phoneix look[/quote]

Was that a Demolition man reference?

Ten geek points.

[quote]j4k3 wrote:
Chad johnson is overated.

[/quote]

8th, 3rd and 5th the last three years in receptions in the league, 4th, 6th and 3rd in receiving yards…

Call em what you want, but the guy can play.

In 2002, the Bengals went 2-12. In 2003 (his first breakout year), they went 8-8. 8-8 the next year and 11-5 the next. I’d call that helping the team.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Fuck, I’d rather have bauer on my team than T.O.[/quote]

Ah, almost snuck that one by me…

I have the feeling you said that tongue-in-cheek, and that’s just hurtful. I’m a sensitive guy you know…

There’s the laminated cornerback checklist ? “Who Can Cover 85 in 2005?” ? hanging inside his Paul Brown Stadium locker. Asked during a recent conference call if anyone can cover him, Johnson cracked: “The IRS. They’ve been on me for quite a while.”

“Is everybody sitting down?” Johnson asked at the outset of the call. "It’s going down. I’ve been quiet all year. I haven’t said a word. This is my week. From this point on, it’s going down. The topic of the day is DeAngelo Fall. Take the ‘H’ out, put the ‘F’ in, because that’s what it’s going to be.

There are 3 things guaranteed in life, Death, Taxes, and No one can cover 85.

Ocho Cinco is here to stay.

[quote]Skuebb wrote:
And, apparently Worthlessberger’s head is now so screwed up he can’t see his own jersey color.
[/quote]

ROFL

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
j4k3 wrote:

8th, 3rd and 5th the last three years in receptions in the league, 4th, 6th and 3rd in receiving yards…

In 2002, the Bengals went 2-12. In 2003 (his first breakout year), they went 8-8. 8-8 the next year and 11-5 the next. I’d call that helping the team.[/quote]

I didnt say he couldnt play I just dont think hes one of the top in the league. And the way he runs his mouth hes lucky to still be standing. Like i said before it brought a smile to my face when he got KO’ed in the browns game and a cheap shot against atlanta.

[quote]j4k3 wrote:
der FrostBack77 wrote:
I agreee that Johnson sometimes overdoes the antics.But to compare him TO is just plain stupid.

Im gonna have to dissagree with you. They are completly similar. They both crave attention which takes the spot light off other better players. The spot light should be on the guy making the plays not dancing in the end zone like an idiot and running thier mouth. Chad johnson is overated.

[/quote]

Things Terrell Owens has done that Chad Johnson has not:

Blown up 2 franchises
Tried to force out 3 quarterbacks, succeeded with 2
Faked a suicide
Turned on 6 coaches (by my count. Quarterback coach, receiver coach, head coach in San Francisco. Receiver coach, head coach in Philadelphia. Receiver coach in Dallas)

Forced a team to try and restructure a contract he agreed to only a year before by refusing to play and creating a hostile work enviroment
Wrote a book about how hard his life is and how no one understands him
Run up and down the sidelines yelling at teammates in coaches during 5 games (I count one in Dallas, two in San Fran, two in Philly)

When Chad Johnson does more than two of those things, then your point has some relevance. Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens both crave attention. Terrell Owens pretty clearly has narcissistic personality disorder. There is a significant difference between the two of them.

He’s been in the top 10 receiving yards and receptions for the last 3 years, how is that not one of the top in the league? 5th in receptions and 3rd in receiving yards last year and he’s not one of the top?

Granted this year he is ranked 20th in receptions (right behind Housh) and 23rd in yards, but this is because of two reasons.

1. It’s hard to get a lot of catches when you’re double/triple covered all game every game.

2. Carson Palmer QBs much like Tom Brady, he throws to EVERYBODY. This “hurts” Chad in the stats category when you compare him to people like Andre Johnson (League leader in receptions) who is their teams only legitimate receiver - But because teams aren’t worried about the Texans QB/OL they don’t double/triple cover Andre Johnson.

[quote]j4k3 wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
j4k3 wrote:

In 2002, the Bengals went 2-12. In 2003 (his first breakout year), they went 8-8. 8-8 the next year and 11-5 the next. I’d call that helping the team.

I didnt say he couldnt play I just dont think hes one of the top in the league. And the way he runs his mouth hes lucky to still be standing. Like i said before it brought a smile to my face when he got KO’ed in the browns game and a cheap shot against atlanta.
[/quote]

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:

Granted this year he is ranked 20th in receptions (right behind Housh) and 23rd in yards, but this is because of two reasons.

[/quote]

I think the reason hes ranked at those is because hes scared of gettin hit. If u watch any of his games the dbs are teeing off on him. Nobody can stand his mouth and they all wanna be the guy who knocks the shit out of him. You dont see dbs throwing cheap shots at marvin harrison. I wonder why. respect maybe? Also cinci has had no body else to give the ball to in the last 5 years that could be another reason why hes ranked up there. Again he hasnt been the same since the browns game where he got koed and had to get stiches on his “MOUTH”.

There should be an all-personality with ocho cinco and clinton portis as the captains.

his dance last week against atlanta was hilarious. speaking of atlanta, how did they lose to the lions? that makes me so mad

I have to disagree with that because after the game with Atlanta (and after most games) he’s seen joking around with the DB’s of the opposing team. Yes, even DeAngelo Falls.

If they hated him so bad they wouldn’t be joking around with him.

[quote]j4k3 wrote:
I think the reason hes ranked at those is because hes scared of gettin hit. If u watch any of his games the dbs are teeing off on him. Nobody can stand his mouth and they all wanna be the guy who knocks the shit out of him. You dont see dbs throwing cheap shots at marvin harrison. I wonder why. respect maybe? Also cinci has had no body else to give the ball to in the last 5 years that could be another reason why hes ranked up there. Again he hasnt been the same since the browns game where he got koed and had to get stiches on his “MOUTH”.[/quote]

Dude can fuckin’ play football, and he loves it.

He “gets” it, and has a great time.

If he didn’t have talent and he didn’t make amazing catches he’d just be another loudmouth like Freddie Mitchell was in Philly. I for one dig what Ocho-cinco is doing.

B.