T Nation

I lost my dad

On saturday my dad passed away.

He came in from washing his car looking red in the face and complaining of chest pain. He called 911 and for the next 15 minutes, fought through what turned out to be a massive heart attack. His heart finally stopped in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. They weren’t able to get it goin’ again.

He was 46 years old.

Just venting… feels good to write about it.

My most sincere regrets. Stay on this thread and talk it out. We’re all here for you. And it will feel better. What was his name?

Darcy

So sorry. Stay strong man.

Dude, so sorry to hear that. my deepest condolences go out to you and your family.

Thats terrible, you have my deepest condolences.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss,stay strong bro…

Stay positive. He’s in a safe place now. My warmest regrets. We are all here for you. Don’t be afraid to talk it out.

Jason

Boon…

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

All condolences T-brother…we’re here for you…for what that is worth.

Jeff

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad (also my former training partner, sensei, drinking buddy, etc.) a few years back, and I know how much it hurts. Hang tough, though, because although you’ll always miss him the pain does recede.

Friend,
My Dad is still alive, but has been diagnosed with advanced
Alzheimer’s. I sometimes wonder which would be worse. Either
way, my heart goes out to you. Stay strong.

I’m very sorry for your loss,hang tough.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Sorry about your loss. I feel you. Try and stay strong.

Boon,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost loved ones as well and the pain can be great. I have listed a few tips that have helped me in my time of transistion after a loved one passed. Hopefully they might ease your pain as well.

1. Spend lots of time with your faimly, it will not only help them, but help you as well. When we give we receive.

2. Try not to get bitter as some do in these instances. Things happen when they do for a reason. We may not know that reason, but someday I think you will.

3. While it might be difficult to go to the gym, you have to try, even if you have a far shorter or easier workout than usual. Keeping at it will help your mind set.

4. A good friend of mine lost his Dad as well three years ago. Each year since that time he has dedicated a fund raising Softball game in his fathers name. This has helped him keep his Dads memory alive and also do some good for the community.

Finally, try to take one day at a time. Keep your thoughts in the present moment, and try to keep busy with your daily routine as best that you can. And never think that an expresion of sorrow (crying etc.) is a weakness!

If there is anything that I can do for you don’t hesitate to PM me.

Zeb

You have my deepest sympathy.

I too lost my father when I was young. It is not easy living your adult life without the greatest mentor in the world looking over your shoulder. I stayed close with many of his golfing buddies and his brother. That helped me fill in the gap and ease the loss a bit.
I miss him every single day though.

Sharing thoughts and feelings helps a great deal.

Hugs sent your way.

My heart felt condolences go out to you and your family.

Me Solomon Grundy

My condolences to you and your family; I pray he passed knowing you loved him and that he loved you. Always make peace with loved ones because some regrets are forever.

The hardest goodbye; be strong and keep faith.

JAY

Sorry to hear that. I lost my dad 7 years ago and my wife just lost her dad a year ago. Hang in there.

My sympathy, boondoggler.

Washing his car on a sunny day in California? I hope he spent that day doing things that brought him pleasure, and enjoying his family.

“He was a man, take him all in all; we shall not look upon his like again.”
–Hamlet

Boon,

My sympathy. Stay strong brother. Now it’s your turn to step up and be the man and example he raised you to be.