T Nation

I Look Like I'm Flying

Just wondering if anyone’s ever experienced this before. My lats are much bigger than any other part of my body, and almost extend further than my puny shoulders.

My question is, what do you do about this? Do you keep building up the lats with pull ups and cable rows or do you avoid them and focus on shoulders/arms/chest? Right now I’m about 175 at 5’8, and am looking to go up to around 185-190. My arms also seem to lag behind my middle development (my shoulders as well).

Consider yourself lucky, and work on building an even more impressive looking V-taper.

Got a picture? I just find it a little hard to believe that they are out to your shoulders, especially if you are only 175.

[quote]jzl1388 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone’s ever experienced this before. My lats are much bigger than any other part of my body, and almost extend further than my puny shoulders.

My question is, what do you do about this? Do you keep building up the lats with pull ups and cable rows or do you avoid them and focus on shoulders/arms/chest? Right now I’m about 175 at 5’8, and am looking to go up to around 185-190. My arms also seem to lag behind my middle development (my shoulders as well).[/quote]

Take some pics and post them. I have a feeling you will be grounded from flying quickly.

Keep going. As you add mass elsewhere, and your obliques, waist and such thicken due to deads and squats, you’ll be glad you’re “too” wide right now.

Shit, I WISH I had that problem. My lats and back thickness are my largest weakness and are going to be the bulk of my focus come time for my next bulking period. Consider yourself a lucky man.

Post a pic…and no don’t stop working on your lats, keep working on everything

Waaaah! My lats are too big!! Waaah! They make me look big when I’m fully clothed!! Waaaahh! No one’s gonna feel sorry for you man -lol

Seriously though, things will catch up in time.

S

Unless you’re trying to win the “Most Symmetrical” trophy at your local contest, don’t stop training your lats. They will help you in your other lifts and you’ll be able to get your other bodyparts to catch up.