I Like Bush, BUT...

This pretty interesting. I voted for Bush and believe in a lot of his stuff but this is just nuts. A scary place a country becomes when the government completely controls the education system.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Mental Health Screening in Schools Signals the End of Parental Rights
Nancy Levant
http://www.sierratimes.com/05/05/16/24_209_102_203_25370.htm

In the 2005-2006 school year, all parents will receive written notice of new policies from your children?s schools. Many schools will ask you to sign permission slips, allowing school counselors or ?advocates? to have conversations with your children. You will be told how your local schools are now involved in vision and dental screenings, learning disabilities and speech impediment screenings, and other acts of kindness, but watch for the small print or the extra little blurb, which states that your children will also be evaluated for emotional wellness. Watch for wording like ?happiness indicators? or ?family participation.?

The fact is that our president has mandated that every American child, age 3 through 18, is federally ordered to be evaluated for mental health issues and to receive ?enforced? treatment. Welcome to President Bush?s New Freedom Initiative and New Freedom Commission on Mental Health. Welcome to life-long profiling and drug addictions, New Freedom-style.

52 million students and six million adults working in schools, according to this commission, will be tested and should flush out at least 6 million people, or shall we say new customers, who will then be mandated to receive ?treatment.? What treatment does our president?s commission have in mind? The newest drugs in the pharmaceutical pipelines, of course. The commission recommends ?specific medications for specific conditions.?

One of the state-of-the-art treatments, and most expensive, is an implanted capsule ? yes, that?s right, implanted. The capsule delivers medication into a child?s body without the child having to swallow a pill or the need for parental permission for dispensation.

The New Freedom Commission named the Texas Medication Algorithm Project (TMAP) a model treatment plan. Medical algorithms are a flowchart-style treatment indicator. If you have A symptom and B symptom, take C medication. TMAP began with the University of Texas, big pharma, and the mental health and corrections system in Texas. The American Psychiatric Association concurs that TMAP is brilliant.

However, the New Freedom Initiative and Commission is a political-big pharma marriage. Many companies who supported TMAP were also major contributors to Bush?s re-election funds. For example, Eli Lilly manufactures olanzapine - one of the drugs recommended in the New Freedom plan, and furthermore, George Herbert Walker Bush was once a member of Lilly?s board of directors. Our current President Bush appointed Lilly?s chief executive officer, Sidney Taurel, as a member of the Homeland Security Council. Eighty-two percent of Lilly?s $1.6 million in political contributions in 2000 went to Bush and the Republican Party. Do tell?

Texas Algorithm grossed over 4 billion dollars in 2003 and olanzapine is Eli Lilly’s top selling drug. A 2003 New York Times article by Gardiner Harris claims that 70 percent of olanzapine sales are paid for by government agencies, such as Medicare and Medicaid. And lo and behold, guess who is now able to bill Medicaid for health services? Public schools, of course, as they are now under the big pharma-political profits/pay-back umbrella once they adopt screening policies. Public schools can now be paid to screen and drug your kids.

Now, if you ever wonder, ever again, if public-private partnerships care about people, then you need a brain transplant. Your children are now the legislated guinea pigs and lab rats for the pharmaceutical companies who bought and paid for our president?s campaign. Favors are now returned to those companies in the form of enforced, juvenile customers, their health, and their future drug addictions.

But wait, there is more. The New Freedom Commission also calls for enforced treatment. That means that parents have no rights to refuse the treatment recommenced by TMAP and other drug dispensing corporate-bureaucratic apparatuses. And as the mental health bureaucracy is also involved in this financial game of insidious cruelty, parents and families are also to be investigated via the result of their children?s screenings in schools. In other words, schools are now the across-the board, or shall I say nation, diagnostic tool for big pharma and child control.

And there?s more. The U.N. Agenda 21 has also called for total intrusion into schools and children lives. No more religion, no more individuality, no more real education, no more real grades, no more real teaching, no more teacher respect for parents, and no more truth from teachers or principals. This sounds very familiar and very political to me. And I?ve said it before, and I will say it again: if you are of a religious ilk and you refuse to allow your children to be abused by our ?educational? system, the stage is being set for you to lose physical custody of your children. I suggest that you read this: Rethinking Orphanages for the 21st Century by Richard McKenzie, ed

http://www.newstarget.com/001688.html
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39078
http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=830

Perfect freedom is as necessary to the health and vigor of commerce as it is to the health and vigor of citizenship.
Patrick Henry

Ha ha this thread should attract the ABB crowd faster than flies to honey…

Should I predict who will be posting over the next couple of days? Naw…

That’s disturbing. Regardless of which party’s candidate is in office, this sort of thing is likely to happen. The big pharmaceutical companies have deep pockets and an army of lobbyists. They usually get their way. Of course, if most Americans were like the folks here at T-Nation, this sorta thing would likely never happen. Just another example of mass ignorance being taken advantage of.

No - fill us in Zeb. Can I guess as well?

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
That’s disturbing. Regardless of which party’s candidate is in office, this sort of thing is likely to happen. The big pharmaceutical companies have deep pockets and an army of lobbyists. They usually get their way. Of course, if most Americans were like the folks here at T-Nation, this sorta thing would likely never happen. Just another example of mass ignorance being taken advantage of.[/quote]

That’s why you are seeing an explosion of homeschoolers, and private schools. This is yet another reason for vouchers, as well as abolishing the Dept of Education.

Thank God my kid’s ‘public’ school only has 225 kids in it - and that’s K-12. At least we have some control over the goings on up at the school house.

Wow, is this for real? At first I thought it was just some wing nut conspiracy theory.

Nice to see Zeb adding a lot of the conversation (as usual).

If this isn’t just malarky, the following part is what I find most disturbing…

People should not lose the right to control what the medical industry does or does not do to their bodies. This sounds like a case of government knowing best which is generally blamed on liberals – where did this come from?

[quote]vroom wrote:
A bubch of crap[/quote]

Hey Zeb - was this guy one of them?

How is it that the system that got our parents so far is starting to fail our own children?

Pharmaceuticals are a big reason why I left the PR industry. Seems like every major firm in DC has one of the big drug companies as a client. Some of these drugs are beneficial for treatment of acute medical conditions, but overall I think they’re just another moneymongering megacorp.

Sounds a little too far out there to be true, even for this administration. I looked up the “New Freedom Commission on Mental Health” and that part appears to be real enough, but I didn’t read anything about forced or mandatory evaluations. I guess I’ll have to wait and see if I get the note from my kid’s school next month. I can’t imagine that I’ll be the only parent challenging this in court, or that it could possibly pass a constitutionality sniff test.

Good to see Dumb and Dumberer remaining true to form, though.

Interesting, but just from the skim it sounds too “world-wide conspiracy”-ish for me. Anything that has the Bush administration and the U.N. working for the ends of “Big Pharma” is definitely going to set off my BS meter.

I’ll wait to see what actually comes down the pike on this one…

I did some searching on this, and it appears to be alarmist bs for the most part. However, the scary thing is that I had to search in the first place to see if it was true or not, because something like this is conceivably in Bush’s nature.

Maybe this particular incident is from JTF’s side of the fence, but don’t discount the govt’s intrusion into the parent’s business.

It is rampant. And a quick look at the migration out of public schools should tell folks something about the quality of public education.

[quote]Leafblighter wrote:
I did some searching on this, and it appears to be alarmist bs for the most part. However, the scary thing is that I had to search in the first place to see if it was true or not, because something like this is conceivably in Bush’s nature. [/quote]

It doesn’t seem like alarmist BS to me. Perhaps you can post what sites you used as confirmation that this goal didn’t exist.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Interesting, but just from the skim it sounds too “world-wide conspiracy”-ish for me. Anything that has the Bush administration and the U.N. working for the ends of “Big Pharma” is definitely going to set off my BS meter.

I’ll wait to see what actually comes down the pike on this one…[/quote]

Unfortunately we’ll already be at war with ‘Euroasia’ by the time you see what’s coming down the pike.

Your “BS meter” goes off when a connection is made between Bush and Big Pharma?!? Either your “BS meter” is manufactured by Diebold or you’ve just blown your cover.

Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness
British Medical Journal
Olanzapine (trade name Zyprexa), one of the atypical antipsychotic drugs recommended as a first line drug in the Texas algorithm, grossed $4.28bn (?2.35bn; 3.56bn) worldwide in 2003 and is Eli Lilly’s top selling drug. A 2003 New York Times article by Gardiner Harris reported that 70% of olanzapine sales are paid for by government agencies, such as Medicare and Medicaid.

Eli Lilly, manufacturer of olanzapine, has multiple ties to the Bush administration. George Bush Sr was a member of Lilly’s board of directors and Bush Jr appointed Lilly’s chief executive officer, Sidney Taurel, to a seat on the Homeland Security Council. Lilly made $1.6m in political contributions in 2000-82% of which went to Bush and the Republican Party.

Jones points out that the companies that helped to start up the Texas project have been, and still are, big contributors to the election funds of George W Bush. In addition, some members of the New Freedom Commission have served on advisory boards for these same companies, while others have direct ties to the Texas Medication Algorithm Project.

British Medical Journal Exposes Bush Administration Corruption by Psychiatric Drug Industry

TELL SENATE TO ‘JUST SAY NO!’ TO UNIVERSAL PSYCHIATRIC SCREENING AND DRUGGING CHILDREN
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
http://www.aapsonline.org/alerts/mhalert.htm

“To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men, their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogmas.” (now available in easy-to-swallow caplets)

• G. Brock Chisholm, co-founder of the World Federation for Mental Health, former director of UN World Health Organization

Scientists find way to make us slaves
TimesOnline
Experiments conducted on rhesus monkeys have shown for the first time that animal behaviour can be permanently altered, turning the subjects from aggressive to ‘compliant’ creatures.

The scientists did so by blocking the effects of a gene in the brain called D2, which cut off the link between the monkeys’ motivation and perceived reward. Humans have an identical gene.

Richmond’s team found that they could make the monkeys work their hardest and fastest all the time, without any complaint or sign of slacking, just by manipulating D2 so that they forgot about the expectation of reward.

I think I already have a pretty good idea of what’s “coming down the pike” - I’d rather not wait…

“and the clocks were striking thirteen.”
~ 1984

[quote]rainjack wrote:
vroom wrote:
A bubch of crap

[/quote]

I think he is the king of the ABB crowd. He is head of the Canadian chapter at least :slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
rainjack wrote:
vroom wrote:
A bubch of crap

I think he is the king of the ABB crowd. He is head of the Canadian chapter at least :)[/quote]

Whoo Hooo! Hilarious!! Good one, Zeb!

Too bad nothing you have written in this thread relates to the topic which would imply avoidance. Now, why would you do that?

Even if he wanted to do something like this, there is no way that would get out of congress without letting parents have rights to what their children do.

If it does happen though, who thinks we should move from a republic to a true democracy?

Pharmaceuticals are a NON-PARTISAN issue, people. They have the resources and the clout to sway policy in their favor regardless of who’s in office or which party controlls the house and/or senate. I don’t need sources to realize this because I worked on many PR campaigns for one of the big boys for 3 years in DC. But if some of you want to blame this on Bush, go right ahead. It just shows your true colors and it’s a nice snapshot of your critical thinking skills, which need a lot of work.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
Pharmaceuticals are a NON-PARTISAN issue, people. They have the resources and the clout to sway policy in their favor regardless of who’s in office or which party controlls the house and/or senate. I don’t need sources to realize this because I worked on many PR campaigns for one of the big boys for 3 years in DC. But if some of you want to blame this on Bush, go right ahead. It just shows your true colors and it’s a nice snapshot of your critical thinking skills, which need a lot of work.[/quote]

I do believe the issue of this thread is the screening of kids for mental issues as standard practice in schools.