I Know I Need Work

Hey T-Nation. Just looking for some constructive criticism again. I thought the pictures would do me more justice than they did on these but I’m a work in progress.

My bench is currently 275lbs 6 times, my dead lift is 400 lbs six times, and my squat ( don’t laugh) is 275lbs 4 times (ass to ankles that is). I think my lats need some work still and my legs need to be thicker. I also think my arms should look bigger than they do. Well I’m trying so don’t be too mean. What do you think? Legs included Venus

What’s your height and weight?

I’m 5’10 and 205 lbs

I think Alwyn Cosgrove’s new article was written for you.

Are you gaining weight? You look leaner on your profile picture. What are your precise goals?
What’s your current program to pursuit them?

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Are you gaining weight? You look leaner on your profile picture. What are your precise goals?
What’s your current program to pursuit them?
[/quote]

I’m trying to gain weight, I’d like to be around 230 lbs and benchin about 350 max, I’d like to be able to full squat 400 lbs but that’s a long way off, and I’d like to have a dead lift max of 500 lbs. I still think I look too lean for my size.

Thanks, For my chest, shoulder, and tricep day I do:
5 sets 4-6 reps of flat bench or dumbell,
3-5 sets 4-6 reps of seated military press or standing military,
3 sets, 12-15 reps of dips (weighted sometimes) and skull crushers

I do my back day with lats, upper and mid-back, traps, and bi’s:

3-5 sets, 4-6 reps or 12 -15reps (depends on the day as I try to mix it up) of pullups or seated cable pulldowns.

I’ve been told I need to work on my back girth so I’ve been really trying to hit the rows really hard, I do 5 sets of 12-15 reps. I do rows with a straight bar or barbell too sometimes.

For traps I really try to go heavy with 3 sets of 4-6 reps and 2 sets of until failure.

Biceps consist of stand barbell curls 12-15 reps, 3 sets and seated preacher curls

I feel I train my back really good and I think I’m eating enough but I feel like it’s never geting any thicker. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Hello:

I hope you don’t stop reading this because of my age, at last everyone as a member should participate with knowledge to help each other.

For the back, I suggest you not to do barbell rows; it’s very easy to cheat on them. T bar rows and dumbbell rows are way better. With your bench press, you should strive for 4plates and a half or even 5 plates on the T bar row.

U can vary your grip and exercise type on the same session, but your split doesn’t facilitate that. I understand you because your as strength oriented as hypertrophy.

You can increase the volume (sets and exercises) as a final suggestion.

I hope it works for you or at least gives you ideas.

Some progress pics. Skinny but weighing about 160lbs I think.

taken 3or 4 months ago and weighing about 200 lbs

sorry, here’s a shirtless 200lb pic

[quote]FightingScott wrote:

[/quote]

which one?

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

which one?[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/most_recent/the_last_10_pounds

“The Last 10 Pounds”

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

which one?

“The Last 10 Pounds”

[/quote]

Dude thanks for the article. You’re right, I think it was written for me.

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

which one?

“The Last 10 Pounds”

Dude thanks for the article. You’re right, I think it was written for me.[/quote]

You’ll look a lot more impressive with just a bit of fat loss.

Ill have to agree with FightingScott about the bit of fat loss. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking good. As others mentioned, you have a good base of size and you could get a really good rating with some fat loss. Besides now that youve established this base, you can always regain any lost LBM (through dieting) and build up weak areas (like your lats and quad sweep).

Your call, to be honest. You can keep adding mass or diet down, both ways would be ok in your condition.

Good work. And learn to pose.

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:
Looking good. As others mentioned, you have a good base of size and you could get a really good rating with some fat loss. Besides now that youve established this base, you can always regain any lost LBM (through dieting) and build up weak areas (like your lats and quad sweep).

Your call, to be honest. You can keep adding mass or diet down, both ways would be ok in your condition.

Good work. And learn to pose.[/quote]

Thanks for the complement, I thought I needed some fat loss as well. I’ve been told I need to learn to pose, is there any links on this site that could help me with that? Again, thanks for the advice.

You really gotta work on that chest man. Get creative with it. At your weight your bench should be much higher. Check out some routins to increase your numbers and size.

Have a buddy push down on the bar as you bench with a weight 50% of your max for 8 reps and then immediately do 8 reps without resistance…just a thought. arms look good but you need to post some more pics man so we can really “rate your physique”

back?