T Nation

I Keep Running Out of Superfood

My wife, son and myself are all using one serving of Superfood per day. We opened the last jar last Thursday, had to open a new one this morning, that’s only 18 servings! It is two scoops per serving, correct?

Are we packing too much into each scoop? Anybody else having this type of issue? I’m not really trying to pack it in the scoop hard, I don’t understand. I love this stuff, but at this rate it’s getting very expensive.

Then just eat more fruit and veggies instead?

Cut the serving down and get more veggies.

You’ll still be greatly augmenting your intake.

I thought it was one scoop per serving…

but you know, I do that twice a day.

It is 2 scoops per serving. I only have one scoop per day though.

I understand I can cut down and just eat more naturally. My question more pertains to wondering if there really is 28 servings in the container. I guess I could just open a brand new one and count the scoops before I start using it. one thing, the consistency is so fine that if you pack the scoop rather than just loosely scooping it, you can probably get close to double the amount in each scoop.

[quote]sniper1 wrote:
one thing, the consistency is so fine that if you pack the scoop rather than just loosely scooping it, you can probably get close to double the amount in each scoop.[/quote]

This is very true.

When measuring Biotest Superfood the powder should NOT be packed in the scoop.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
sniper1 wrote:
one thing, the consistency is so fine that if you pack the scoop rather than just loosely scooping it, you can probably get close to double the amount in each scoop.

This is very true.

When measuring Biotest Superfood the powder should NOT be packed in the scoop.[/quote]

Good info to know. I’ve been jam-packing every scoop and wondering why I go through it so fast.

Try getting a counter top scale, scoops are volume measurements and a serving is a mass measurement (gram). I got a digital scale, up to 300g for less than $20 from trueprotein.com

I have measured my scoops for the Superfood and it comes to 4.0g with a packed scoop. Assuming that one is doing the same as me, that would be 8*18 for the tin which is 144g, right on as expected by the label.

Dose at one packed scoop and you will be plenty fine as it will be equal to roughly 8-9.6 servings of fruits and veggies.

BTW I am on my third tin in 3 weeks as I have been taking with breakfast and prebed shake as well as 2 packed scoops with Surge PWO.

Well, I gotta say this is one supplement that will stay as one of my staple supps. I definitely feel better from this stuff, it’s very noticeable.

I was taking 2 as well and seemed to be going along to quick through the tub - measured my packed scoop at 5 grams and assumed it was a printing error on the tub - I take 1 packed scoop per day.