T Nation

I Just Wanna Loose Weight...

Guys,

I have reads forums upon forums but can’t seem to make my mind so i decided to ask you guys straight up

my age is 24 years
height is 5’8
weight is 79 kg or 174 pounds
attached a pic

guys i don’t wanna build muscle like pros etc i just wanna loose weight & be lean no abs & stuff i have done gym & good food ,supplements ,training,everything for 3 years but nothing seems to work,i even lost my gall bladder cz of stones czed by not eating enough fat.

just tell me with proper nutrition & workouts or what combination of supplements i should use ,i will do due diligence before following any advice & update you with the result also i just had my gallbladder removal surgery like on 2nd of july so please try & forgive my liver from all of it if possible(nothing too toxic) & am from india so can pretty much buy anything.

plz attach any relevant threads etc u feel like

thanks for helping

Lift weights 2-4 times a week to train with weights. Do a program that emphasizes compound lifts and linear progression. This is for building/maintaining strength and muscle, so no circuit training bullshit for now. Squats, deadlifts, barbell presses, rows and pulldowns (I’m assuming you can’t do pull ups right now).

Do cardio/conditioning as often as possible.
COUNT CALORIES.
Eat enough fat (at least 20-30% of your calories), eat enough protein (at least 140g/day), fill the rest of your calories with carbs.

To be honest, you probably ate too much while moving too little. If losing weight was impossible, you’d be unable to starve… And I’m sure you would If you stopped eating for long enough.

What did you eat yesterday and what have you been doing at the gym? Also, what about your user name? Seriously, you shouldn’t even know the words steroids right now since there is so much left to do without ‘enhancement’.

trust me bro i have tried dieting with exercise you have to help me man i have this plateau for like a life time plz help man (i don’t know why the username just popped so i rolled with it)
i have eaten protein supplements ,chromium picolinate, bcaa etc all that shit still nothing.

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday? Forget about supplements, don’t think about macros for now - the most important factor is CALORIES. If you don’t know how many of those you’ve been eating we’ve found the problem.

your diet is terrible. Don’t pretend that eating “good food” didn’t work for you, because that’s a lie no one will believe.

Eat chicken breast, broccoli, and a small serving of avocado (like a quarter) every time you’re hungry from now on. No snacks, no calorie containing beverages and no “cheat meals”. You don’t deserve them. Not even if it’s your birthday or whatever social occasion you think merits one.

Supplement with 3 to 5 grams of fish oil daily, 1000iu D3 (softgels) and a ZMA supp.

Lift weights 3 times a week, do sprints on an exercise bike twice a week.

Do that for 12 weeks and you’ll lose a shitload of weight.

Will it suck? Yes. Will it be hard? Yes. Will you want to quit? Yes. Will you have the willpower to do it? Probably not.

Give it a try anyway.

3 Likes

I am by no means an expert, and have had plenty of trouble losing weight myself…metabolism slower than a turtle! That being said, you may want to have your thyroid checked, three years of working out with a good diet and no weight loss points towards an internal problem. If everything checks out normal then you can start exploring other options.

I’ll echo what others have said. Count calories. If you have a smart phone, there are lots of apps out there that are free (I use my fitness pal). You’ll be amazed at how many calories you are actually eating if you haven’t tracked them. Weight loss is simple, burn more calories than you take in.

Most of the apps will give you a target of what to eat (based on your age, weight, goals, activity, etc). They may not be 100% accurate, but give them a try and measure your weight. If you find weight dropping too fast, raise your calories. If too slow (or gaining), lower them.

Also, do not add in calories for working out. So if you hit a treadmill for 30 min, and it says you burned 200 calories, don’t add 200 onto your total. Consider those as a bonus for more calories lost.

The word is “lose”, not “loose”.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for some real world advice to give to a few people that are trying to lose weight now and this is GOLD man!

Trolling

I can’t believe that anyone believed he was only 170 some lbs to begin with.

1 Like